12 hours ago, Edinburgh Hatter said:

All really laudable stuff...

I just wish folk would learn how to spell LICENCE (the noun, not the verb)!

Perhaps they now have American backers?

Noticed it too, does my head in!

14 hours ago, Edinburgh Hatter said:

All really laudable stuff...

I just wish folk would learn how to spell LICENCE (the noun, not the verb)!

Perhaps they now have American backers?

Edited by imho

5 hours ago, Ginaro said:

And use the correct SFA logo - not the one that was superseded 7 years ago...

I don't know anything about logos but just googled SFA and this is what came up. Is this this the right or wrong logo that the SFA are showing.? Perhaps you could show the correct logo that Dunbar should have used and not the one they copied from the SFA website.

Scottish Football Association

Organization
Scottish Football Association
The Scottish Football Association is the governing body of football in Scotland and has the ultimate responsibility for the control and development of football in Scotland. Members of the SFA include clubs in Scotland, affiliated national associations as well as local associations. It was formed in 1873, making it the second oldest national football association in the world. It is not to be confused with the Scottish Football Union, which is the name that the SRU was known by until the 1920s.
Edited by imho

26 minutes ago, imho said:
6 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I don't know anything about logos but just googled SFA and this is what came up. Is this this the right or wrong logo that the SFA are showing.?

I was referring to Dunbar's facebook post which had the old SFA logo, but I see from the edit history it was replaced by the current one a few hours ago. 🙂

I assume Dunbar have resolved the issues with the Hallhill people, given that a few months ago there was a post on here from the club airing some grievances over access?

Edited by Burnie_man

I appreciate this doesn't concern an EoS team, but Bonnyton Thistle are working towards an application for a licence. It's mentioned in an article about them in a season preview magazine which features all the Ayrshire senior and junior clubs. They hope to have the licence by early next year.

10 minutes ago, RedEd said:

I appreciate this doesn't concern an EoS team, but Bonnyton Thistle are working towards an application for a licence. It's mentioned in an article about them in a season preview magazine which features all the Ayrshire senior and junior clubs. They hope to have the licence by early next year.

I think it was largely cover that they needed from an outsiders perspective on their ground. I think in the Seated Stand thread in the Junior forum a Bonnyton supporting poster showed some interest, although that doesn't mean they're associated with the club's running or if that led anywhere with what they're doing.

Certainly a good thing to see.

On 31/07/2019 at 11:17, Burnie_man said:

I assume Dunbar have resolved the issues with the Hallhill people, given that a few months ago there was a post on here from the club airing some grievances over access?

Yes - I believe this has been resolved now, with Dunbar players and supporters using the facilities at Hallhill following matches which is great to see.

On 29/07/2019 at 22:22, Burnie_man said:

DUNBAR UNITED

SFA ENTRY LEVEL LICENSE
The club can this evening confirm our intention to immediately apply for an Entry Level License to the Scottish Football Association.

Licensing requires that Dunbar United meet specific standards. The standards are presented in the form of criteria under four headings:

• Ground Criteria
• First Team Football Criteria
• Youth Team Football Criteria
• Legal, Administration, Finance and Codes of Practice Criteria

Licensing will help to establish benchmarking information and ensure forward progress continues to be made on and off the pitch. Football within the community will benefit from the adoption of quality management practices. Licensing aims to ensure that we meet and maintain certain standards and that these standards are continuously improved upon over a period of time. Standards that could immediately see Scottish Cup Football being played at New Countess Park, and may ultimately see the club reaching Scottish League status.

The overall objective of licensing is to raise standards within Scottish football, including but not limited to, safety, infrastructure, youth and coaching, medical, corporate governance and general ethical standards.

The benefits of achieving an entry level license transcend beyond the football club and into the wider community. We are delighted to have the full support of New Hallhill Sports Centre as we embark on this process.

We also now call on members of the local community who feel they can support any element of the process, to come forward and join our small committee. We need your help now more than ever to take the club into a new and exciting era.

Looks positive for Dunbar, and also for Dunipace that they will be granted a licence reasonably soon. Also, Dalkeith ?

However, if I correctly understand the "floodlights" licensing rule, their are 8 current SFA member clubs who are at risk of losing their licence before July 2020.  As I understand it regarding the lights requirement.  the current situation for these clubs is :

Burntisland         moving forward, but not sure whether the club will meet the timescale

C S Strollers         floodlights acquired, agreed and being installed

Coldstream         confident that they will meet the deadline, but progress unclear

Girvan                    no news about progress

Golspie                  unlikely to meet the deadline, as previous planning application not pursued/approved,  following objections from neighbours

Vale of Leithen   no news about progress, and if not achieved, the club faces relegation from the Lowland League

Whitehill Welfare    fund raising underway

Wigtown & Bladnoch   no news about progress.

Hopefully all 8 will be successful, but it looks unlikely for some of them.  Anyone got any further information/up dates ?