Club Licencing

I was slumming it at the egg chasing at Canal Parks in Inverness today, well I nipped in for a while before we checked into hotel up the road, as the wee man wasn't for a full game in torrential rain.

Slumming it because although it has had something like £5m spent on it, it sadly wouldn't meet our strict football licensing standards because there isn't a daft wee screen around the park to stop dog walkers and passing canal boats peering in.IMG_20191019_151315.jpegIMG_20191019_151905.jpegIMG_20191019_152721.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

East Lothian Council agree funding for floodlights for Tranent, Musselburgh and Haddington. Great news for them, all 3 should be licenced for next season then.

Just seen it Burnie, well done to the council. Big opportunity for the 3 clubs to get a license now. 

INCREDIBLE NEWS!!!

Club Statement – Haddington Athletic, Musselburgh Athletic and Tranent Juniors

We are absolutely delighted to announce that we have received substantial funding from East Lothian Council to allow all three clubs to commence and subsequently complete the installation of floodlights at our stadiums.
This is an absolutely monumental step forward for the clubs as we seek to obtain our SFA Licence to continue the incredible momentum we have built up over the past few years.
As clubs at the heart of our respective communities, the opportunities this now affords us, not only as a football team but also as a community, is immeasurable.
We would like to place on record our sincerest thanks to Senior Councillors and Officials from East Lothian Council for lobbying tirelessly to help us achieve our goals by obtaining our full SFA Licence.

Best Wishes

David Innes Chairman Tranent Juniors
Karl Cleghorn Club President Musselburgh Athletic 
Drew Donaldson Chairman Haddington Athletic

Just now, Halfwit8 said:

INCREDIBLE NEWS!!!

We are absolutely delighted to announce that we have received substantial funding from East Lothian Council to allow all three clubs to commence and subsequently complete the installation of floodlights at our stadiums.
This is an absolutely monumental step forward for the clubs as we seek to obtain our SFA Licence to continue the incredible momentum we have built up over the past few years.
As clubs at the heart of our respective communities, the opportunities this now affords us, not only as a football team but also as a community, is immeasurable.
We would like to place on record our sincerest thanks to Senior Councillors and Officials from East Lothian Council for lobbying tirelessly to help us achieve our goals by obtaining our full SFA Licence.

Best Wishes

That's amazing news!

INCREDIBLE NEWS!!!

Best Wishes

Excellent news for all.

If i'm getting this right It was just these clubs that didn't get licensed from the list of 17 clubs in the EoS status update near the end of last season.

1. Camelon Juniors (floodlights installed)
  2. Edinburgh United
  3. Dalkeith Thistle (issues not relating to floodlights)
  4. Haddington Athletic (floodlights to come)
  5. Musselburgh Athletic (floodlights to come)
  6. St Andrews United
  7. Tranent Juniors (floodlights to come)

Then there's Dunipace who should finally have started the process officially. I think maybe Newtongrange as well are somewhere in there?

If i'm getting this right It was just these clubs that didn't get licensed from the list of 17 clubs in the EoS status update near the end of last season.
  1. Camelon Juniors (floodlights installed)
  2. Edinburgh United
  3. Dalkeith Thistle (issues not relating to floodlights)
  4. Haddington Athletic (floodlights to come)
  5. Musselburgh Athletic (floodlights to come)
  6. St Andrews United
  7. Tranent Juniors (floodlights to come)
Then there's Dunipace who should finally have started the process officially. I think maybe Newtongrange as well are somewhere in there?
I expect Bo'ness United will be in the process due to the recent completed overhaul of Newtown Park. Sauchie are a club I haven't seen anything about but they already have lights/a ground that meets most other criteria as far as I can see.

Also Whitehill are working towards lights to retain their license.

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:

I expect Bo'ness United will be in the process due to the recent completed overhaul of Newtown Park. Sauchie are a club I haven't seen anything about but they already have lights/a ground that meets most other criteria as far as I can see.

Also Whitehill are working towards lights to retain their license.

I forgot about Bo'ness. Like you say Sauchie already have lights and presumably a ground the meets the majority of criteria. Yet they surprised many by not apparently applying last year.

11 hours ago, Halfwit8 said:

INCREDIBLE NEWS!!!

Best Wishes

Fantastic news for you guys - and hats off to East Lothian Council for their support.

I think the clubs in West Lothian, Mid Lothian, Edinburgh, Falkirk District and Fife should be sending a joint letter of representation to their local councils to highlight the support being provided to clubs in East Lothian.

Quite a few clubs  have  invested heavily to keep or obtain their licence - with little or no Local Authority assistance.  Money which had to be found over and above the normal running costs.

19 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Great news for East Lothian fitba if only Midlothian Cooncil would follow suit 🙄 

Midlothian Council helped - or entirely? - funded floodlights at likes of Dalkeith, Easthouses, Penicuik, Lasswade RFC, etc. earlier this decade, tbf. Note sure why the likes of Bonnyrigg and Whitehill weren't... maybe it depended on ground ownership status?

Perth & Kinross have also helped-out Jeanfield by donating pylons.

Anyway this is massive news for these clubs. Without meaning to single them out it feels especially important for Haddington, as they were all set for licensing last season; carry a smaller support than the likes of Musselburgh and Tranent; and from what I heard face some additional issues related to their ground being in a conservation area?

One day Ormiston might be in position to benefit, too.

2 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Midlothian Council helped - or entirely? - funded floodlights at likes of Dalkeith, Easthouses, Penicuik, Lasswade RFC, etc. earlier this decade, tbf. Note sure why the likes of Bonnyrigg and Whitehill weren't... maybe it depended on ground ownership status?

Yes, Midlothian Council installed lights at grounds under their ownership - East Lothian Council are doing the same now.

Unlikely to see any councils invest substantial sums in privately owned grounds - especially in the current financial climate.

Perth & Kinross have also helped-out Jeanfield by donating pylons.

Anyway this is massive news for these clubs. Without meaning to single them out it feels especially important for Haddington, as they were all set for licensing last season; carry a smaller support than the likes of Musselburgh and Tranent; and from what I heard face some additional issues related to their ground being in a conservation area?

One day Ormiston might be in position to benefit, too.

If only Dunbar Utd were able to benefit from a council handout too. We already have floodlights, but there are plenty of other things needing done, such as separate female toilets, larger officials dressing rooms, reroofed enclosure, that all require financing as well.
Is this another Councillor Hampshire snub for Dunbar Utd?

On 25/10/2019 at 19:32, Ali_Wee_Jag said:

If only Dunbar Utd were able to benefit from a council handout too. We already have floodlights, but there are plenty of other things needing done, such as separate female toilets, larger officials dressing rooms, reroofed enclosure, that all require financing as well.
Is this another Councillor Hampshire snub for Dunbar Utd?

I would suggest you read a recent club statement in the match program for Broxburn and Bo'ness.