Club Licencing

The first matter which ought to be raised by the Lowland League and the EoS should be the boundary between the Highland and Lowland areas, If this is to remain unchanged then the SFA need to make that clear. Then the ERSJFA north of Tay Bridge clubs would know where they stand regarding potential promotion i.e. Highland or Lowland. 
That, in turn, would clarify the situation for the eastern Scotland feeder to the Lowland League.
What's not clear about it at the moment?

There's a clear demarcation line for HL and LL, no one other than ERSJFA have talked about it being changed (RP didn't know it existed, was his problem) it's been agreed by all parties, has been in place for the better part of half a decade and has been used by the league's in question for accepting applications during that time.

The waters have been muddied because ERSJFA don't fancy the current demarcation line, but that doesn't mean it's not clear what it means for every single club in the catchment areas at present.

North goes North, South goes South.

It can be changed if the SPFL, HL, LL and SFA all agree. Which of those would be strongly opposed? I suspect the HL don't want any Tayside teams, so they would be no problem. RP not knowing is probably indicative that the SFA and SPFL won't really hugely care either way, so it probably all boils down to the attitude of the LL and there being an even larger population imbalance between the two feeders may tip it the other way. Probably difficult to change but not impossible.

So what we are suggesting is that because an association, who has attempted to avoid joining the pyramid as they thought their product was better on a couple of previous occassions and have openly attempted to undermine the whole LL set up consistently, now wants to join in (as their product is weaker now, particularly in the east) we have to change existing structures, make additional leagues up, move demarcation lines and allow said association to have everything their way?

Couldn't make it up.

My personal stance, the juniors have had their chance(s). If they want to join after this then they join the eosfl and a new wosfl. If not, stay junior, nothing fundamentally changes for those already in the pyramid if they do. (my own view only)

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It can be changed if the SPFL, HL, LL and SFA all agree. Which of those would be strongly opposed? I suspect the HL don't want any Tayside teams, so they would be no problem. RP not knowing is probably indicative that the SFA and SPFL won't really hugely care either way, so it probably all boils down to the attitude of the LL and there being an even larger population imbalance between the two feeders may tip it the other way. Probably difficult to change but not impossible.

The SPFL helped draw the line and didn't care about sending their own members north. Why should they now?

I'd say at the minute you only have to move the boundary a little lower to encompass Scone and Tayport officially into the highland area. The boundary has done its job in creating a Tayside set up to feed into the Highland League.

16 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

So what we are suggesting is that because an association, who has attempted to avoid joining the pyramid as they thought their product was better on a couple of previous occassions and have openly attempted to undermine the whole LL set up consistently, now wants to join in (as their product is weaker now, particularly in the east) we have to change existing structures, make additional leagues up, move demarcation lines and allow said association to have everything their way?

Couldn't make it up.

My personal stance, the juniors have had their chance(s). If they want to join after this then they join the eosfl and a new wosfl. If not, stay junior, nothing fundamentally changes for those already in the pyramid if they do. (my own view only)

Great post.

Why the hell should anyone co-tow to an organisation who have shown next to no interest in joining the pyramid.

They've had their chance to join for God knows how long,if your south of the Tay line then join the EoS if you want in the pyramid.

To the north,the lazy SFA need to kick ass and get the SHFL,NCL,NRJFA and the Tayside juniors round the table and get leagues set up below the SHFL.

Travelling  between Dundee and the Highlands isn't particularly longer than travelling to/from Aberdeen. The main effected clubs would be the Shire and Moray sides, but even then with the planned A9/A96 dialling it's only going to get better. I don't think it's a particular issue, given these clubs are used to the travelling. Perhaps different mindset for Tayside clubs heading north.

For much the same reason that your club probably wouldn't be too keen on travelling from Blackburn to Aberdeen for away games if they could avoid it.
Why would his team travel from Blackburn? I'm not aware of Benburb groundsharing with us [emoji23]

Aberdeen to Dundee is little different from Dundee to Edinburgh. The problem is that a few loud voices in Tayside want to hang onto the Lothians in much the same way they did in 2002.

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Why would his team travel from Blackburn? I'm not aware of Benburb groundsharing with us emoji23.png

Aberdeen to Dundee is little different from Dundee to Edinburgh. The problem is that a few loud voices in Tayside want to hang onto the Lothians in much the same way they did in 2002.

I've driven from Dundee to both Aberdeen and Edinburgh a number of times recently (both for football and non-football reasons). Especially with the recently improved roads around Aberdeen I find it easier & quicker to drive there than to Edinburgh.

7 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Why would his team travel from Blackburn? I'm not aware of Benburb groundsharing with us emoji23.png

You are fooling naebody. Bottom line is that there is no reason why the HL would be so mad keen on trips to Dundee for an ingin peh that they are likely to object to the boundary being shifted north to more closely fit their traditional catchment.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

You are fooling naebody. Bottom line is that there is no reason why the HL would be so mad keen on trips to Dundee for an ingin peh that they are likely to object to the boundary being shifted north to more closely fit their traditional catchment.

I don't get you, who or what am I supposed to be fooling?

Tayside moving to the LL catchment area makes no sense if you're wanting to bring a semblance of balance to the Pyramid.

...which is why I said the LL are the party that would probably block a change and that a boundary shift would be difficult but not impossible. Are you even reading my posts?
Yeah but my point was that it makes no sense regardless of whether its changed or not but you seem to be cool with it, which brings me back to a question I asked a few days ago, what club do you follow so we can better understand your viewpoint?

Also who am I fooling? Are you seriously suggesting I'm Jason King, jeezo [emoji23]

The new Tayside Super and Premier can just be tucked under the Highland League. Just move the boundary a touch south for Scone & Tayport.

Get the South Super & South Premier into the EoS.

Gives Highland and Lowland 3 feeders for now. Work on something more coherent once clubs are licensed.

...which is why I said the LL are the party that would probably block a change and that a boundary shift would be difficult but not impossible. Are you even reading my posts?
There is no reason the LL or eosfl would buy into changing the boundary, they gain nothing from it.

Just because the juniors want something doesn't mean it has to, or will happen.

The sjfa felt they had a done deal because they, and the sfa heads, didn't fully comprehend that they don't hold all the power to do whatever they wish.

Right now, given the stand off, the Senior pyramid gains nothing from making any further concessions to let the juniors in. If the juniors don't join, the Senior pyramid loses nothing.

It is currently a nothing to lose if they don't and nothing to gain if we do scenario.... From which the juniors hold no power or bargaining position. (this is what I think they don't like)

It should be put clearly to the sjfa, there is a pyramid structure currently in place in the east and the south and if you are joining, you join it. You can port your west leagues as a oner (they will be the wos football leagues, not the juniors) but your top west league will sit at tier 6, no higher, nd will compete with the sos and eos for access to the LL. If you can't accept these terms, stay as you are and continue to function outwith the pyramid. However, Scottish Cup entry will be reserved for those who take part in the pyramid.

2 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

...Right now, given the stand off, the Senior pyramid gains nothing from making any further concessions to let the juniors in. If the juniors don't join, the Senior pyramid loses nothing...

The senior pyramid isn't a monolithic block. The SFA Board and IM were not in the least bit bothered about the boundary last season and had to have its existence explained to them when they met with the EoS and LL clubs by all accounts. The SFA Board wanted both the east and west superleagues in at tier 6 this season and were on the same side as the SJFA on that.

Yep they didn't know about it and weren't bothered by it.... Doesn't mean it should be scrapped or changed to suit the sjfa or anyone else.

As I said and have done numerous times before, just because the sjfa now want to play doesn't mean everyone else should change what they do.

I couldn't care less who supported what stance, that is immaterial. The juniors have had numerous chances to get into the pyramid, have made no concessions themselves and tried to get in through the back door with their sfa chums......

I refer you to my previous post regarding the stance that should be adopted reference sjfa entry now.

41 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The new Tayside Super and Premier can just be tucked under the Highland League. Just move the boundary a touch south for Scone & Tayport.

Get the South Super & South Premier into the EoS.

Gives Highland and Lowland 3 feeders for now. Work on something more coherent once clubs are licensed.

56.42 degrees north - sorted.

56.42.JPG