Club Licencing

5 hours ago, Jason King said:

As has frequently been pointed out on here you are nothing but a mewling quim Celtic fan who cant accept any form of criticism and who when faced with anyone who has  a different point of view immediately goes for the "I stopped responding..." line as you have nothing in response.

I watched Thistle for over 30 years and the number of students who were there you could count on one Linlithgow hand, people thinking that there is an untapped fanbase of Uni students are barking up the wrong tree as every club in a Uni city clearly shows.

You can look at a crowd and see all the people in their late teens/early twenties and easily distinguish which ones are Thistle fans and which ones are from outwith Glasgow and just go to uni there?  Impossible for you to make any claims on if students go or not.

1 hour ago, Saints1921 said:

Getting back on point - Off the Ball covered the Bonnyrigg licence/promotion situation for about five minutes on tonight's radio show and all agreed that the situation was shambolic.  Alas, Tam Cowan didn't seem very clued up and Gary Locke still thinks Rose is a Junior club!!!!!   

I heard that, it was a patronising 5 minutes of pish by people pretending to care about lower league football.

I grew up in Glasgow, went to Glasgow Uni 93-98, me and a few mates used to go and watch Thistle from time to time and I knew a few others who did too. They were fans of Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Cambridge Utd, Celtic. 
As usual, King is just looking for a fight. What I describe is not his personal experience, ergo I'm an arsehole who must be monstered. I stopped responding to him ages ago.

Because you and a couple of student chums went to watch Thistle 25 years ago is hardly convincing anyone that’s what happens now.

[mention=71379]Jason King[/mention] Save your breath.
5cd765bf320cb_Screenshot2019-05-12at01_15_32.png.04c43e3f19ff642d5fc2d75cf398ff49.png
5cd765bfaf23e_Screenshot2019-05-12at01_15_46.png.68edfb573db92a21bd6fddb8902c766b.png

Putting him on ignore, only to tag him in? Bizarre.

Just to add to the student involvement conversation. I went to uni in St Andrews (albeit it was 25 years ago) and I can't remember any promotion material for St Andrews Juniors at all. I don't think I was aware that there was a team until I was in third year and lived in a place close to the ground. We did play a few times against Senior clubs Raith and East Fife. I think EF even trained at the sports union for a while - the facilities are fantastic but no involvement from the town team.

st Andrew's have had relationships of sorts with various other teams in the town over the years. All doomed imo to them sitting in their own little bubble. Scrapping the kids team they had a year ago hardly the actions of a progressive community club.

There statement of disappointment reeks of missing out on dosh handouts and cup entries.

3 hours ago, superbigal said:

st Andrew's have had relationships of sorts with various other teams in the town over the years. All doomed imo to them sitting in their own little bubble. Scrapping the kids team they had a year ago hardly the actions of a progressive community club.

There statement of disappointment reeks of missing out on dosh handouts and cup entries.

Has Larry hacked your account or are you brainwashed  total joonyurs mentality that

23 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Does anyone know at what tier you need floodlights in the English pyramid, or better still, where I can find the requirements for the different tiers?

Seems to go down to step 6 of the National League System at the moment, which makes it Tier 10 overall

http://thepyramid.info/misc/ground.htm

7 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Thanks. So that's down to clubs mostly with average attendances under 100. Seems tough but presumably it's possible, then.

It's obviously going to vary from club to club in terms of different benefits and restrictions they'll have to go through. Some might not get planning permission, some might get grants or a more helpful council. But floodlights are something that can be acheived at small clubs.

Look at the clubs through the senior and juniors leagues and there's no particular rhyme or reason why some clubs have them and others don't.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's obviously going to vary from club to club in terms of different benefits and restrictions they'll have to go through. Some might not get planning permission, some might get grants or a more helpful council. But floodlights are something that can be acheived at small clubs.

Look at the clubs through the senior and juniors leagues and there's no particular rhyme or reason why some clubs have them and others don't.

I wonder how many non league clubs have funded their own floodlights. I’d guess not many?

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

Does anyone know at what tier you need floodlights in the English pyramid, or better still, where I can find the requirements for the different tiers?

The difference in the English Pyramid is that a club is not required to have floodlights installed before they need them. A club at Step 7 does not need them but a club at Step 6 does. However, a club that wins promotion on merit at Step 7 and does not already have floodlights would take its place in the Step 6 league for the next season IF they can show by 31 March of their promotion season that they have plans in place, e.g. planning permission, funding application made, quotations, etc. to have floodlights installed by 30 September of the next season.  IF floodlights are not installed by 30 September a sanction could be imposed. IF they are not in place by the following 31 March then the club is relegated. That seems to be a very simple, clear and reasonable approach.

The English Pyramid system works on a ground grading system. However, the fundamental principle is that clubs do not have to meet the Grade of the next league up to get promoted. Clubs get until the following 31 March to meet the higher ground grading requirements. So in the example above to gain promotion a Step 7 club must  be fully meeting the grade required at Step 7 (Grade H)  and has until the following  31 March  to meet the requirements of Step  6 (Grade  G). The deadline for floodlights is  simply shorter as Step 6 leagues presumably have winter mid-week fixtures.

23 minutes ago, Mr Tee said:

Any truth in the rumour that there might be further announcement this coming week (Thursday) and that Rose may well go up?

Might be rubbish before I get shot down!

I would doubt there is any truth in that.

Just to add to the rumour mill, I was speaking to a ref who does a lot of EOS and LL games when I was at Penicuik earlier today. He had heard that the LL clubs without floodlights have been give a three year derogation to get floodlights installed.

As I say, it was only hearsay, so I have no way of confirming what I was told. Three years seems a bit generous in any event.

29 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Just to add to the rumour mill, I was speaking to a ref who does a lot of EOS and LL games when I was at Penicuik earlier today. He had heard that the LL clubs without floodlights have been give a three year derogation to get floodlights installed.

As I say, it was only hearsay, so I have no way of confirming what I was told. Three years seems a bit generous in any event.

There was something like that mentioned back when the change was announced. The length was always debated but the certainty was over existing members would get a derogation, new applicants wouldn't. The grey area existed for those that had applied in 2018, and we've seen how that ended up.

EDIT: This was the only part of the email notifiying members of the 2019 changes that was made public as far as I'm aware. No note in this about a length of derogation, but those that had this information were saying existing members had until 2021.

image.png.3b64817a93a26d2618306cb2be758dbb.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan