Club Licencing

7 hours ago, gaz5 said:

It was indeed, on both counts, by RP

There's a new back of a fag packet plan, which was different to the one discussed at the PWG apparently. He stated on at least half a dozen occasions that this plan meant "the juniors will not be at Teir 6 next season". He was questioned on it and confirmed.

However they could still be in tier 6 if Ian Maxwell selects either Superleague winner to take part in the LL playoffs next season.

I believe there were lots of straight questions fired away at RP about the licensing delay which he batted away with no real answer. It does appear that the license were not mentioned at the last SFA board meeting and RP could not commit to a date when they would be dealt with.

Am I right in saying that Maxwell did very little talking last night Gaz?

5 minutes ago, superbigal said:

So far then if I read correctly still no answer to why no licensing rubber stamping. 17 delegates who should have stood firm and demanded the reason and none was forthcoming ?

That appears awfully weak.

Al, I believe there were lots of pertinent and strong questions as well as strong and reasoned points put across but at the end of the day if RP says "I take all your concerns on board but can't tell you when these applications be dealt with" what can you do?

Al, I believe there were lots of pertinent and strong questions as well as strong and reasoned points put across but at the end of the day if RP says "I take all your concerns on board but can't tell you when these applications be dealt with" what can you do?

Demand your money back for a product not being delivered. He could at least have said where the so called bottleneck is. Remember as burnie points out you have to become a member before you can be licensed then the license has to be approved.  

So why have membership applications not been passed ? That is the simple part I thought.

Oh no that is where the money handouts and Scottish cup entry comes in.

5 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Demand your money back for a product not being delivered. He could at least have said where the so called bottleneck is. Remember as burnie points out you have to become a member before you can be licensed then the license has to be approved.  

So why have membership applications not been passed ? That is the simple part I thought.

Oh no that is where the money handouts and Scottish cup entry comes in.

If I was you I'd be far more worried that the SJFA and/or the East Region appear to have made a complete fiuck up of entering the pyramid.

League reconstruction seemingly passed by a supine governing body when it appears they knew that it would stop the East Juniors being part of the pyramid - dereliction of duty there, clubs should be furious about signing up for dreadful leagues for next season that will either only run for one season or if they continue which will stop the clubs from any sort of progression.

The EoS has led the way, the EJFA is withering away.

If I was you I'd be far more worried that the SJFA and/or the East Region appear to have made a complete fiuck up of entering the pyramid. League reconstruction seemingly passed by a supine governing body when it appears they knew that it would stop the East Juniors being part of the pyramid - dereliction of duty there, clubs should be furious about signing up for dreadful leagues for next season that will either only run for one season or if they continue which will stop the clubs from any sort of progression.

The EoS has led the way, the EJFA is withering away.

Another poster not as thick as alancamel but how many times have I said I am not junior? 

The clubs signed up as they feared oblivion under the threats of a minority leaving because they do not like travelling costs.

I watch sfl, eos, junior and amateur football.

I live in a village with a junior team.

That's it.

Fingers crossed on the licensing issue is that they will be confirmed in June. This is still largely on LTHV's circumstances last year where during the Kelty games they were meant to have had their license with no official announcement (so presumably just waiting on SFA Board stamp of approval). Were excluded from the Alex Jack Cup draw in June and only got their license presentation in August.

One of the factors in the delay this being confirming any re-jig to the Scottish Cup formatting with so many new entrants.

I believe RP did make a comment about existing SFA members views being taken into consideration which fuels the "we're not dividing the pot any further" theory.

However the overriding impression was that the SFA haven't had time to deal with the applications as they have more pressing matters to deal with.

The problem for the 17 clubs is that the applications have not been rejected so you can't demand your money back as they may be accepted.

Remember the EOS playoff winner does receive entry to the Scottish Cup, plus they become League champions but it's ridiculous that clubs are going these games not knowing if they are playing for promotion or even when they'll find out.

5 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

So have we to congratulate a team on gaining promotion BEFORE the play off winner is even confirmed  ? That's what I'd call pissing on yer parade  ? 

And it looked like Whitehill's season was over. Instead you get dragged across the coals for another month or more waiting on what happens with the licenses just like the eventual EoS Champion.

However they could still be in tier 6 if Ian Maxwell selects either Superleague winner to take part in the LL playoffs next season.
I believe there were lots of straight questions fired away at RP about the licensing delay which he batted away with no real answer. It does appear that the license were not mentioned at the last SFA board meeting and RP could not commit to a date when they would be dealt with.
Am I right in saying that Maxwell did very little talking last night Gaz?
He did an overview of the year for the SFA, highs and lows, spoke for about 5 minutes, no one had any questions about that stuff, he said very little else other then a closing remark 2 hours later that he understood everyone's frustration (and there was plenty of that).

On your point about Ian Maxwell selecting either superleague team to take part in the playoffs, that's only if the LL change the playoff rules to say that playoffs are not governed by sporting merit then licencing as they are now for EoS and SoS, but that they be based on licensing and whoever the SFA CE chooses should take part.

Given that it's a bonkers idea that you let the CE choose who goes for promotion rather than it clearly be the Teir 6 licensed league winners, I'd be surprised if the relevant league's involved agreed to that rule change.

Plus even if everyone did agree it was made clear you finish the season with the rules you start and that precedent had been set by the SFA themselves this season re: Whitehill so having that done for the end of the year as defined in "the new plan" would mean it took effect the season after next, not next season.

In terms of licencing, I'm not going to summarise that conversation because there was a lot to it, but be assured there was plenty of challenge from the room, none of which either representative had anything approaching a reasonable answer for.

Quite frankly, the attitude towards licensing had an odour about it.

58 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Remember the EOS playoff winner does receive entry to the Scottish Cup, plus they become League champions but it's ridiculous that clubs are going these games not knowing if they are playing for promotion or even when they'll find out.

All the clubs in the play offs would get entry to the Scottish Cup anyway with their Licences, no?

All the clubs in the play offs would get entry to the Scottish Cup anyway with their Licences, no?
Only if they are actually granted though.

Right from the start the whole licensing debacle has smacked of self preservation but to get to the point where the SFA is basically just closing the doors is wholly unacceptable.

9 hours ago, gaz5 said:

...He did also confirm later that the SJFA had been told that the East Region would not be accepted at Teir 6 ever with a split league. Had to be one superleague in the East, not two. Apparently they were told that a while ago...

That needs to be communicated loud and clear to ERSJFA clubs, if that info is not being passed along to them.

1 hour ago, gaz5 said:

On your point about Ian Maxwell selecting either superleague team to take part in the playoffs, that's only if the LL change the playoff rules to say that playoffs are not governed by sporting merit then licencing as they are now for EoS and SoS, but that they be based on licensing and whoever the SFA CE chooses should take part.

Given that it's a bonkers idea that you let the CE choose who goes for promotion

I wouldn't trust Maxwell to make the correct decision about getting out of a burning car.

51 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Only if they are actually granted though.

Right from the start the whole licensing debacle has smacked of self preservation but to get to the point where the SFA is basically just closing the doors is wholly unacceptable.

I agree - I think that the SFA seems to have been quite happy to play the "juniors don't want to part of the pyramid" because they didn't actually want them. When that shifted they don't know what to do - although the much maligned Stewart Regan probably would have seen this through to a conclusion rather than it sitting in limbo forever.

9 hours ago, The Informer said:

I may have only been a new addition, but the information is correct.

Nothing personal and what you say has the ring of truth, we just don't have reasons to accept it. It is the internet after all. Do any of the regular posters here know you in real life? Which club are you involved with? 

9 hours ago, gaz5 said:

And I've been around for years if you meant me as the other one. emoji6.png

No, the guy above and one other. But no offence (genuinely) and nothing personal, crazier things have happened on the internet than someone setting up sock puppets. The information rings true, I'd just like to be confident about the source.