Jump to content
Burnie_man

Club Licencing

Recommended Posts

Of course Maxwell knows what is going on. Face it no one has as yet had there application denied. What's to stop the rubber stamp delaying indefinitely if it wants to ?


Did the application form confirm a decision date ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually think it’s becoming clearer that the SFA simply didn’t discuss licencing on Thursday (or much else) apart from McLeish, they had a second board meeting yesterday only to discuss his replacement. That has probably been their sole focus and will largely continue to be until they decide who has got the job.

Totally incompetent of course and exceptionally disrespectful to those clubs waiting on licence decisions (how long would it have taken?) but I really don’t think the SFA care enough about our level to come up with grand blackmail plans or the like linking licencing to pyramid.  In the cold light of day it just seems so implausible.  Maxwell can’t give timescales as he probably doesn’t know when the next board meeting (to discuss matters other than Scotland job) is scheduled to take place.

He'll be attending the EoS meeting to placate clubs (and leagues) who are waiting on decisions so they can plan for next season.  He’ll need to come armed with some answers, people are angry.   The other matter of course is Pyramid/Juniors, I guess that will be Petrie’s thing and he’ll feel the heat on that as well.

The bottom line is they need to start playing fair with clubs and leagues, stop messing them about, and start listening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the criteria is changed mid application and clubs are rejected I'd like to think they would get their money back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I actually think it’s becoming clearer that the SFA simply didn’t discuss licencing on Thursday (or much else) apart from McLeish, they had a second board meeting yesterday only to discuss his replacement. That has probably been their sole focus and will largely continue to be until they decide who has got the job.

Totally incompetent of course and exceptionally disrespectful to those clubs waiting on licence decisions (how long would it have taken?) but I really don’t think the SFA care enough about our level to come up with grand blackmail plans or the like linking licencing to pyramid.  In the cold light of day it just seems so implausible.  Maxwell can’t give timescales as he probably doesn’t know when the next board meeting (to discuss matters other than Scotland job) is scheduled to take place.

He'll be attending the EoS meeting to placate clubs (and leagues) who are waiting on decisions so they can plan for next season.  He’ll need to come armed with some answers, people are angry.   The other matter of course is Pyramid/Juniors, I guess that will be Petrie’s thing and he’ll feel the heat on that as well.

The bottom line is they need to start playing fair with clubs and leagues, stop messing them about, and start listening.

I agree entirely with your comments about the McLeish replacement dominating the SFA Board's current priorities, although I would have expected him to quote this as the reason (in his announcement to clubs)  for the further delay in relation to awarding/not awarding the club licences, at the Board's meeting held on 18th April.  

However, what I find difficult to understand is why there hasn't been an SFA Board Meeting since the February meeting was cancelled, allegedly because of a funeral. How difficult is it to arrange an extra meeting ?  I also thought that the SFA Board's role in relation to Club Licensing, was to 'rubber stamp' the decisions of the Licensing Committee. Have I misunderstood the Board's role ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

I also thought that the SFA Board's role in relation to Club Licensing, was to 'rubber stamp' the decisions of the Licensing Committee. Have I misunderstood the Board's role ? 

The SFA Board’s role is to grant SFA Membership to clubs who meet licence requirements, and only SFA member clubs can be granted a licence. Once SFA membership is granted, the Licence Dept confirm and issue the licence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The SFA Board’s role is to grant SFA Membership to clubs who meet licence requirements, and only SFA member clubs can be granted a licence. Once SFA membership is granted, the Licence Dept confirm and issue the licence.

Does the SFA Board also decide whether a derogation is awarded in relation to a licence ?  Or is this a matter for the Licensing Committee  ? 

This will be an important issue for the three Lowland clubs when their licence comes up for renewal (later this year), as they don't have floodlights, and also for other current Member clubs in a similar situation, eg Coldstream, Girvan,  Wigtown, Golspie, etc ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Robert James said:

Does the SFA Board also decide whether a derogation is awarded in relation to a licence ?  Or is this a matter for the Licensing Committee  ? 

It's supposed to be the Licencing Committee but they passed the matter to the SFA Board to decide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps the existing Licenced clubs outwith the SPFL should talk to the clubs in the SPFL and form a plan to co-operate?  After all many there don't want the Colts coming into the SPFL. There are clearly severe problems at SFA Board level and, likely, with some members of the SFA staff which need to be addressed.  Co-operation between members with voting powers is needed NOW in order to sort this out once and for all - the alternative is the tail continuing to wag the dog!

There is a long established pattern of failure in the SFA - just look at the results in World and European competitions. Woeful! Yet smaller nearby countries have done so much better - viz. Iceland, Wales, Northern Ireland. Even Gibraltar are making progress!

Would it be fair to question why nothing effective has been done to sort out the tails which wag the dog. Could it be that there is even more to this than has already met the eye? Are there  skeletons out there and those who know where they lie are gaining protection? I don't know but I am beginning to wonder why  apparently non-sensical decisions, which seem likely to bring football into disrepute,  are being made again and again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dev said:

Would it be fair to question why nothing effective has been done to sort out the tails which wag the dog. Could it be that there is even more to this than has already met the eye? Are there  skeletons out there and those who know where they lie are gaining protection? I don't know but I am beginning to wonder why  apparently non-sensical decisions, which seem likely to bring football into disrepute,  are being made again and again. 

I fail to understand why the SFA are so keen to continue with a flawed plan of shoehorning in the Juniors into the Pyramid in the east when it makes absolutely no sense and ignores the views of their own member leagues, It's unnecessary confrontational behaviour.

I'm sure that question will be asked tomorrow night.   Has TJ got some dodgy pics of Petrie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I fail to understand why the SFA are so keen to continue with a flawed plan of shoehorning in the Juniors into the Pyramid in the east when it makes absolutely no sense and ignores the views of their own member leagues, It's unnecessary confrontational behaviour.

I'm sure that question will be asked tomorrow night.   Has TJ got some dodgy pics of Petrie?

I suggest the response has already been decided along the corridor between TJ and IM over:

Coffee, Pen, Notebook, Caffeine, Cup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I fail to understand why the SFA are so keen to continue with a flawed plan of shoehorning in the Juniors into the Pyramid in the east when it makes absolutely no sense and ignores the views of their own member leagues, It's unnecessary confrontational behaviour.

I'm sure that question will be asked tomorrow night.   Has TJ got some dodgy pics of Petrie?

I am sensing that this goes much further than a single individual's alleged loyalty or desire to retain a job of work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Totally incompetent of course and exceptionally disrespectful to those clubs waiting on licence decisions (how long would it have taken?) but I really don’t think the SFA care enough about our level to come up with grand blackmail plans or the like linking licencing to pyramid. 

Yep, I think it's more likely the mistakes are the result of complete indifference than anything else.

The club licence fee is a lot of money to the clubs we love and support, but to these guys it's a good dinner in Nyon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, gogsy said:

It was Rod Petries birthday on Monday, hope the EOS clubs have bought him a cake.

Four candles may come in handy right enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, GordonS said:

Yep, I think it's more likely the mistakes are the result of complete indifference than anything else.

The club licence fee is a lot of money to the clubs we love and support, but to these guys it's a good dinner in Nyon.

At tonight's meeting, Ian Maxwell should be asked to give a guarantee that the SFA Board will meet not later than the first week in June, to consider all  the licensing applications which have been audited by the Licensing Committee.  As the Chief Executive, this pledge would be within his power/jurisdiction.  Further procrastination should not be accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Robert James said:

At tonight's meeting, Ian Maxwell should be asked to give a guarantee that the SFA Board will meet not later than the first week in June, to consider all  the licensing applications which have been audited by the Licensing Committee.  As the Chief Executive, this pledge would be within his power/jurisdiction.  Further procrastination should not be accepted.

1st of June is too late, the deadline for LL applications is middle of May? Teams and leagues need to know before that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, The Informer said:

1st of June is too late, the deadline for LL applications is middle of May? Teams and leagues need to know before that.

Yes.  I agree that the deadline for the SFA Board meeting, must predate the Lowland League's deadline.

If not, the Lowland League will have to consider its position about the EoS champion club, and the other clubs which have applied to fill the Selkirk vacancy, currently held in abeyance because of the SFA Board's ongoing delays in ratifying the Licensing Committee's recommendations. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning Good People of the EoS,

I’ve been thinking about this whole pyramid malarkey and have a mad idea here……

If Maxwell, Petrie and the SFA are going to hold the EoS to ransom over licences, why don’t we turn the tables and say OK…..we’ll run with the East and West Juniors in at tier six next season provided you definitely issue all 17 applicants with licences and set a three year period of degradation for floodlights ASAP.  Throw in two promotion spots to the Lowland League and you have a deal. 

Now I hear you all crying ‘that’s not fair giving p*shy wee, ignorant, backward looking outfits like Fauldhouse, Whitburn, Bathgate and Pumpherston a better chance of qualifying for the play-offs’ but my old granny would say life ain’t fair (and licenses are more important!!!)!  Anyway, there’s no danger any of those West Lothian Juniors would beat the likes of Bonnyrig, Lithgae, Musselburgh, Penicuik, Bo’ness or Tranent in a play-off.  Also, next spring’s play-off would involve West Junior winners, EoS winners, South of Scotland winners and Lochee United as East Junior winners (if licensed) – thus negating that daft North/South split.  Nobody could complain about a four-way play-off (if licensed) between East, West, South and Tayside for two places in the Lowland League – could they????  After all, Jeanfield as a Perth and Tayside team has been a great addition the current EoS.       

Perhaps we’ve read Petrie and Maxwell wrongly and they’ll come up with a grand master plan at today’s meeting (or they’ve just not realised what’s going on) but those two give the impression they really don’t care and it will be Maxwell’s plan of tier six entry or status quo – i.e. no licenses for the 17.  Don’t forget, the vast majority of football followers in Scotland don’t give a damn about a successful pyramid structure, nurturing young talent, developing grass roots football or making the National team a success.  The main focus of the media and the TV watching pub-goers is to get the countries’ top few clubs into Europe and if that means buying foreign players and screwing the majority of smaller clubs then so be it.    

In order for my team, St Andrews United, to progress we have to obtain a basic licence and SFA membership and if that means doing a deal with Maxwell and the Juniors then needs must.  I would hope we’re not so dug into our positions that we can’t see the bigger, long-term picture.  I fear that the EoS reps could just annoy Maxwell and Petrie tonight and that will be the end of developing the pyramid for the near future. 

So General Tarkin Burnieman and your EoS storm troopers – do not fail us……  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robert James said:

Yes.  I agree that the deadline for the SFA Board meeting, must predate the Lowland League's deadline.

If not, the Lowland League will have to consider its position about the EoS champion club, and the other clubs which have applied to fill the Selkirk vacancy, currently held in abeyance because of the SFA Board's ongoing delays in ratifying the Licensing Committee's recommendations. 

 

They'll need to discuss Cumbernauld Colts as well surely  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Good Morning Good People of the EoS,
I’ve been thinking about this whole pyramid malarkey and have a mad idea here……
If Maxwell, Petrie and the SFA are going to hold the EoS to ransom over licences, why don’t we turn the tables and say OK…..we’ll run with the East and West Juniors in at tier six next season provided you definitely issue all 17 applicants with licences and set a three year period of degradation for floodlights ASAP.  Throw in two promotion spots to the Lowland League and you have a deal. 
Now I hear you all crying ‘that’s not fair giving p*shy wee, ignorant, backward looking outfits like Fauldhouse, Whitburn, Bathgate and Pumpherston a better chance of qualifying for the play-offs’ but my old granny would say life ain’t fair (and licenses are more important!!!)!  Anyway, there’s no danger any of those West Lothian Juniors would beat the likes of Bonnyrig, Lithgae, Musselburgh, Penicuik, Bo’ness or Tranent in a play-off.  Also, next spring’s play-off would involve West Junior winners, EoS winners, South of Scotland winners and Lochee United as East Junior winners (if licensed) – thus negating that daft North/South split.  Nobody could complain about a four-way play-off (if licensed) between East, West, South and Tayside for two places in the Lowland League – could they????  After all, Jeanfield as a Perth and Tayside team has been a great addition the current EoS.       
Perhaps we’ve read Petrie and Maxwell wrongly and they’ll come up with a grand master plan at today’s meeting (or they’ve just not realised what’s going on) but those two give the impression they really don’t care and it will be Maxwell’s plan of tier six entry or status quo – i.e. no licenses for the 17.  Don’t forget, the vast majority of football followers in Scotland don’t give a damn about a successful pyramid structure, nurturing young talent, developing grass roots football or making the National team a success.  The main focus of the media and the TV watching pub-goers is to get the countries’ top few clubs into Europe and if that means buying foreign players and screwing the majority of smaller clubs then so be it.    
In order for my team, St Andrews United, to progress we have to obtain a basic licence and SFA membership and if that means doing a deal with Maxwell and the Juniors then needs must.  I would hope we’re not so dug into our positions that we can’t see the bigger, long-term picture.  I fear that the EoS reps could just annoy Maxwell and Petrie tonight and that will be the end of developing the pyramid for the near future. 
So General Tarkin Burnieman and your EoS storm troopers – do not fail us……  
As I said, I dont think the SFA are going to use licences as leverage, they simply arent going to try and blackmail clubs, it would be the end of them and they dont care enough.

We'll find out soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...