Club Licencing

I don't like the idea of so many 'new' licensed clubs in the Scottish. Much harder to get those money spinning ties for clubs who where originally in the tournament. Mind you, these clubs should have aspirations to improve and be a force within their respective leagues.

2 minutes ago, Hertz1874 said:

I don't like the idea of so many 'new' licensed clubs in the Scottish. Much harder to get those money spinning ties for clubs who where originally in the tournament. Mind you, these clubs should have aspirations to improve and be a force within their respective leagues.

Why would the clubs who were originally in the tournament deserve the "money spinning ties" any more than those who are now joining?

23 minutes ago, Hertz1874 said:

The whole point of a national cup is to have as many clubs as possible playing in it. Having the non-SPFL clubs all in is a fairly recent thing anyway, up until ten years ago they had to go through the qualifying cups.

43 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

The whole point of a national cup is to have as many clubs as possible playing in it. Having the non-SPFL clubs all in is a fairly recent thing anyway, up until ten years ago they had to go through the qualifying cups.

Clubs like Tynecastle Burntisland Coldstream, can't think of the top of my head what others there have been. @HibeeJibee usually knows all this stuff.

39 minutes ago, Hertz1874 said:

Clubs like Tynecastle Burntisland Coldstream, can't think of the top of my head what others there have been. @HibeeJibee usually knows all this stuff.

What I'm saying is there's now more opportunity for a non-SPFL club to score a "money spinning tie". Before the reorganisation if the cup there were four qualifiers each from the North and South Qualifying Cups only: now any licenced club plus non-licenced champions get in.

I don't think the problem he's citing is particularly valid. Licensed clubs in EOSL have to get through 2 preliminaries to reach R1 (incidentally that's the same number of rounds as you used to have to go through in the old qualifying cups to qualify). Of the 'old' clubs only Golspie in the north and a dozen in the south... half-a-dozen EOSL, handful of SOSL, Girvan and Glasgow Uni... must do the same.

Tynecastle are not an 'old' club anyway. They qualified for the first time last year (winning South & East Shield) and joined this year.

You couldn't defend the old arrangement... only 8 non-league clubs qualified, yet there were 12 random byes in R1!

Edited by HibeeJibee

Update: We've had it confirmed this evening that our application has been accepted by the SFA board and we have officially been passed to licencing for audit.

We should have the final few things in place the next month or so (everything ready, just pending planning permission), hopefully a positive start to the season down at Westfield. [emoji106]

11 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Update: We've had it confirmed this evening that our application has been accepted by the SFA board and we have officially been passed to licencing for audit.

We should have the final few things in place the next month or so (everything ready, just pending planning permission), hopefully a positive start to the season down at Westfield. emoji106.png

Well done, so entry to the Scottish Cup for season 2020-21.

Hopefully so burnie, a lot of man hours, some real hard work, and some great support from local sponsors and businesses, as well as our hard working committee, has made all the progress possible.

The icing on the cake would defo be entry into the full Scottish next season. 10 years of hard work has gone into getting the new park down, now another year of hard work behind the scenes and some fantastic support from others in the local community has given the club the chance of making an aspiration a reality. (hopefully)

Really pleased for those involved at every stage of this process. As I say hopefully we have met the criteria at audit time and get our sfa licence in the next couple of months.

12 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Hopefully so burnie, a lot of man hours, some real hard work, and some great support from local sponsors and businesses, as well as our hard working committee, has made all the progress possible.

The icing on the cake would defo be entry into the full Scottish next season. 10 years of hard work has gone into getting the new park down, now another year of hard work behind the scenes and some fantastic support from others in the local community has given the club the chance of making an aspiration a reality. (hopefully)

Really pleased for those involved at every stage of this process. As I say hopefully we have met the criteria at audit time and get our sfa licence in the next couple of months.

Was impressed when I popped along for the Bonnyrigg groundhop game, looking forward to our upcoming friendly.

Sadly I will miss the friendly as I am on holiday. Although it will be a really good test against another good side from the league(s) above.

On 22/06/2019 at 12:21, parsforlife said:

They don’t have any powers basically, as maxwell has found out

That's OK to say but check out the SFA Handbook for 2018/19. Go to Article 18 on Page 71 :

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/scottish-fa-handbook/

It's clear that the SFA can do what ever it wants to do, provided that it is reasonable. The SFA correctly backed out of their proposals for the Pyramid following a meeting with the E0S and Lowland League's clubs earlier this year. This consultation allowed the SFA, through its' representatives i.e. IM and RP to take a step back and to better understand that they were in error.

Now that they better understand the picture it would be a good time to offer them an olive branch and put forward constructive proposals, together with the reasoning behind them, to the SFA's representatives IM & RP. In other words don't go after these two but get them on side.

This may not suite some of us who are deeply unhappy or up-set by the non-sense which we have seen over the past year but it is necessary to put these justified feelings aside and to make things happen. Otherwise the initiative stays with TJ and the SJFA. Come on, this isn't impossible. It's do-able and right now is the time!

20 minutes ago, Dev said:

That's OK to say but check out the SFA Handbook for 2018/19. Go to Article 18 on Page 71 :

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/scottish-fa-handbook/

It's clear that the SFA can do what ever it wants to do, provided that it is reasonable. The SFA correctly backed out of their proposals for the Pyramid following a meeting with the E0S and Lowland League's clubs earlier this year. This consultation allowed the SFA, through its' representatives i.e. IM and RP to take a step back and to better understand that they were in error.

Now that they better understand the picture it would be a good time to offer them an olive branch and put forward constructive proposals, together with the reasoning behind them, to the SFA's representatives IM & RP. In other words don't go after these two but get them on side.

This may not suite some of us who are deeply unhappy or up-set by the non-sense which we have seen over the past year but it is necessary to put these justified feelings aside and to make things happen. Otherwise the initiative stays with TJ and the SJFA. Come on, this isn't impossible. It's do-able and right now is the time!

I agree that it may well be a good idea for the EoS, SoS and LL to come up with a counter proposal/plan on how to progress.  At least as a basis for the next 6 months of PWG meetings.

39 minutes ago, Dev said:

It's clear that the SFA can do what ever it wants to do, provided that it is reasonable....

Could you expand a bit because having just done so it isn't clear at all that gives the SFA carte blanche to impose whatever decision they see fit. All that makes clear is that a WoS league can't happen unilaterally without SFA approval.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Could you expand a bit because having just done so it isn't clear at all that gives the SFA carte blanche to impose whatever decision they see fit. All that makes clear is that a WoS league can't happen unilaterally without SFA approval.

Well, as I interpret things, the key word is reasonable. If there are unreasonable proposals then they would only go through if there was no opposition or if it was not possible to oppose e.g. on cost grounds.

Or if it were trying to move a pre set boundary line or trying to have two leagues operating in the same geographical area at the same level..... All of which is unreasonable.

That part you highlight is open to interpretation and is very vague in nature, there go it is easily challenged.

I've come around to the notion that WJFA clubs who want to progress should join the SOSL (this season if possible, though that's unlikely) if a WOSL doesn't materialise soon enough ie by 20-21 at the latest. There aren't that many, so that shouldn't be too problematic if there was a will - Clydebank, Petershill and Cumnock perhaps. And maybe Edusport reserves could be asked to go elsewhere, which would take the SOSL up to 18 clubs. Or if there were more clubs a split into conferences could work too. I have a feeling that the "juniors in at tier 6" will still be getting talked about this next year.

I've come around to the notion that WJFA clubs who want to progress should join the SOSL (this season if possible, though that's unlikely) if a WOSL doesn't materialise soon enough ie by 20-21 at the latest. There aren't that many, so that shouldn't be too problematic if there was a will - Clydebank, Petershill and Cumnock perhaps. And maybe Edusport reserves could be asked to go elsewhere, which would take the SOSL up to 18 clubs. Or if there were more clubs a split into conferences could work too. I have a feeling that the "juniors in at tier 6" will still be getting talked about this next year.

Would need a lot more clubs to move over SOSL is too weak and covers too small a geographical area to be a viable option for most West teams, every second game would be down in D&G and if they didn’t get promotion they’d be stuck in a league that’s pretty much amateur. I think it’d only be a viable option if say 8+ clubs moved at once with the SOSL having a conference season like the EOSL. If you had enough clubs willing to make the switch it could work but the WRJFA seem happy to stay where they are for now.

20 hours ago, G4Mac said:

Or if it were trying to move a pre set boundary line or trying to have two leagues operating in the same geographical area at the same level..... All of which is unreasonable.

That part you highlight is open to interpretation and is very vague in nature, there go it is easily challenged.

The first matter which ought to be raised by the Lowland League and the EoS should be the boundary between the Highland and Lowland areas, If this is to remain unchanged then the SFA need to make that clear. Then the ERSJFA north of Tay Bridge clubs would know where they stand regarding potential promotion i.e. Highland or Lowland. 

That, in turn, would clarify the situation for the eastern Scotland feeder to the Lowland League.