Club Licencing

7 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

As it's that time of year for some surprises. Legacy level as part of the SFA's Quality Mark scheme. Groundsharing at Ochilview.

They're either playing Fridays or Sundays as Queens Park are having to use Ochilview? 

16 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Syngenta confirmed.

So if they fall out with stenny and get kicked out do they lose there license 

don’t really agree with ground sharing to get your licence 

however Edinburgh south should just go for it with Dalkeith 

2 minutes ago, Anychance said:

Clyde just fell out with the local council and are moving to Hamilton.

BSC Glasgow fell out with Maryhill and moved to Alloa.

I'm sure there are others that may have occurred during the licencing era. As always there's more to licencing than just the ground criteria.

If the likes of Edinburgh South and Bo'ness Athletic can tick all the licencing boxes they should give it a go.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

They're either playing Fridays or Sundays as Queens Park are having to use Ochilview? 

Our home fixtures won’t be affected by Queen’s Park moving to ochilview they will Friday nights and Sundays 👍

47 minutes ago, Anychance said:

If a club has their own ground, can they groundshare for a season with a club that has the requirements for licencing, then move back to their own ground after they get a licence? Probably cheaper than having to install floodlights.

39 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm sure there are others that may have occurred during the licencing era. As always there's more to licencing than just the ground criteria.

If the likes of Edinburgh South and Bo'ness Athletic can tick all the licencing boxes they should give it a go.

No I get all that it just doesn’t sit right with me that instead of investing in your own facilities you just go to the nearest ground that does have the criteria and ask to share

ground criteria can cost a club 50 to 70k or more and is the biggest expense for the licence 

and it seems to be new clubs like BSC sygenta inverkeithing just finding anywhere that meets the criteria to go and play

if I was Edinburgh south I would be staying put in Dalkeith 

2 minutes ago, shuggie123 said:

If a club has their own ground, can they groundshare for a season with a club that has the requirements for licencing, then move back to their own ground after they get a licence? Probably cheaper than having to install floodlights.

No. A licence is reviewed annually. It's not just a case of having it in perpetuity. It's why eyebrows were raised over Fort William this season.

A club could certainly groundshare at a park that meets licencing standards while they get their own ground up to standard. That's basically what Caledonian Braves did to get licenced.

14 minutes ago, Anychance said:

No I get all that it just doesn’t sit right with me that instead of investing in your own facilities you just go to the nearest ground that does have the criteria and ask to share

ground criteria can cost a club 50 to 70k or more and is the biggest expense for the licence 

and it seems to be new clubs like BSC sygenta inverkeithing just finding anywhere that meets the criteria to go and play

I don't particularly like it, but it's not like they're getting the hire for free.

20 minutes ago, Anychance said:

Yes because teams just ground share for a Licence, if you think rocking up to ground share and get handed a Licence then you have zero knowledge of the process.

Depending on costs to ground share how long does that 50k to 70k take to go on that cost as I am sure it cant be free.

22 minutes ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Yes because teams just ground share for a Licence, if you think rocking up to ground share and get handed a Licence then you have zero knowledge of the process.

Depending on costs to ground share how long does that 50k to 70k take to go on that cost as I am sure it cant be free.

I think Kirkcaldy and Edinburgh south could do it no problem and have the licence within the year 

look like others have said it’s covered by the sfa it’s just not for me that these new clubs who have only been formed for a couple of years groundshare and get the license 

9 minutes ago, Anychance said:

I think Kirkcaldy and Edinburgh south could do it no problem and have the licence within the year 

look like others have said it’s covered by the sfa it’s just not for me that these new clubs who have only been formed for a couple of years groundshare and get the license 

1. There is absolutely nothing about licensing over how old the club is? (Can’t be arsed trawling the document out, maybe possibly a year or so submitted accounts being the biggest hurdle)

2.  Getting licensed has a hell of a lot more than the ground you play at.  Which is why there are several clubs who played out of grounds that meet licencing requirements but don’t have a license.

3. It’s not easy or free to just call nearest licensed Club and ask to use the ground.

4. There’s absolutely inherently nothing wrong with ground sharing, especially on plastic pitches.

9 minutes ago, Anychance said:

One of the reasons a lot these "new clubs" get licenced so quickly is that they're not exactly new. Syngenta 1960, Inverkeithing 2000, Edinburgh South 1969. They've ran and operated a mix of youth teams and sometimes amateurs. They know how the non-ground criteria aspect of SFA Licencing works because they're doing aspects of it as part of the SFA Quality Mark Award scheme.

It's the senior teams that are new. That's because they've been attracted by the pyramid and licencing. As well as the way youth football has changed.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The David Goodwillie saga didn't help Clyde, if that had not happened I reckon they would still be playing at Broadwood.

Is anyone using Broadwood to ply at next season?

5 minutes ago, kevsmart said:

The David Goodwillie saga didn't help Clyde, if that had not happened I reckon they would still be playing at Broadwood.

Is anyone using Broadwood to ply at next season?

Cumbersome colts have been the main tenants for quite a while now