Club Licencing

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Any talk this year of a split? Since it was a suggestion for last season. If Midlands are playing 38 games over 40 rounds, the North Super playing 26 and NCL 22 it's quite a difference to organise the HL Play-off.

36 games over 38 rounds, no?

On 24/06/2021 at 20:53, Marten said:

On the other hand, we'll start on 17/7 and the NCL only kick off late September. Maybe the plan is to play twice a week until September.

The NCL is starting its 2021/22 season on Saturday 21st August, as agreed at its AGM.

Will take a look at the Midlands League next, at least the clubs are serious about being licensed and progressing. Would be good to get 2 months of midweek games to get crowds along. One bugbear with every non league in the UK - why do you run with an odd number of clubs ? No real reason in my simple mind 

39 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Will take a look at the Midlands League next, at least the clubs are serious about being licensed and progressing. Would be good to get 2 months of midweek games to get crowds along. One bugbear with every non league in the UK - why do you run with an odd number of clubs ? No real reason in my simple mind 

What's the alternative? Refuse to admit one club solely to get to an even number?

3 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

One bugbear with every non league in the UK - why do you run with an odd number of clubs ? No real reason in my simple mind 

It's only at the bottom level in the respective areas. Short of rejecting an applicant or roaming the streets for a rogue football team there isn't much alternative.

Particularly when LL half of pyramid manages net losses/gains in promotion-&-relegation through extra promotions/relegations.

Having an odd number is actually a help in this season's EOS First Division Conference X.

Playing thrice it means 15 & 15 home & away games per club not 14 & 13 or 17 & 16.

(This season's Conferences A+B could've been left 16+14 not 15+15 but then A would've needed 4 more dates and its clubs would have 2 extra home games).

4 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Let me know if you want to come to Lochee United. :) 

Well done the Jags

https://twitter.com/dalkeiththistle/status/1410624170409537536

Absolutely delighted to announce that we’ve received word today from the SFA Board that they have approved our Membership application. This will be formally confirmed at the SFA AGM on 20th July …but we couldn’t wait to share the exciting news with you all. VAMOS!!!!
Edited by Footballfirst

On 27/06/2021 at 15:28, Andy groundhopper said:

Lots of reasons why it happens but it's handy for the players, everyone gets the chance of an off season cheap holiday. Don't see the problem.

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Well done the Jags

https://twitter.com/dalkeiththistle/status/1410624170409537536

Absolutely delighted to announce that we’ve received word today from the SFA Board that they have approved our Membership application. This will be formally confirmed at the SFA AGM on 20th July …but we couldn’t wait to share the exciting news with you all. VAMOS!!!!

Great news, well done to Dalkeith who were one of the pioneers in the move to Senior football but have had to work hard to get their licence.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Great news, well done to Dalkeith who were one of the pioneers in the move to Senior football but have had to work hard to get their licence.

Thanks guys. A rare case of Covid actually helping get things done.

22 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Auchinleck Talbot and Irvine Meadow have tweeted that their licence applications have been approved in the WOSFL, so I assume other applicants will also have been informed too.

Maybe a handful more across the country?

We are expecting 9 in total - Auchinleck, Clydebank, Cumnock, Darvel, Irvine Meadow and Dalkeith, Dunbar, Musselburgh, Sauchie (St Andrews as well but someone on another thread said no). Those in bold have announced the SFA board have accepted them.

99% sure Cumnock and Darvel were already approved months ago. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/michael-kennedy-dreaming-spfl-football-23833838

...Speaking to the Kilmarnock Standard, Vale boss Kennedy said: “I spoke about my vision for the club when I first joined. I wanted Darvel to have one of the best environments for playing football.

“We had a three-year plan in place, moving into the West of Scotland League brought that forward a year to be honest, because we had to get our licence done as early as we could.

“It’s great we’ve managed to get all of this done in a two-year period; it’s pretty remarkable to be honest....

Edited by LongTimeLurker

5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

99% sure Cumnock and Darvel were already approved months ago. 

Thought that might have just been the licensing committee and not the SFA board, though it should be a formality.

Also, Musselburgh have announced their licence. (having to scroll through a 2 minute video instead of putting some text into the tweet like any normal club)

So Sauchie (or possibly Oakley who were doing floodlights work recently) are the one remaining question mark. Has there ever been a clear statement that Sauchie applied or were they just assumed to be the rumoured fifth east club because they tick so many of the boxes by having floodlights and a seated stand?

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/lights-at-oakley-united.3694/

Edited by LongTimeLurker

I wouldn't think Oakley United. Whatever indicator being left free on the AJC dates may be, I also can't see a proper website for them. It's all just social media links.

Having a website with all the policies required is usually seen as a sign of getting all the boxes ticked.

Remarkable that just 3yrs ago Midlothian + East Lothian combined had 2 member clubs (being Whitehill + Preston).

They'll have 11 now (being Bonnyrigg, Dalkeith, Easthouses, Newtongrange, Penicuik, Whitehill + Dunbar, Haddington, Musselburgh, Preston, Tranent).

Edited by HibeeJibee

7 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Thought that might have just been the licensing committee and not the SFA board, though it should be a formality.

Also, Musselburgh have announced their licence. (having to scroll through a 2 minute video instead of putting some text into the tweet like any normal club)

Stop moaning for the sake of it. Nobody ask you to watch the video. Pretty sure there would have been comments soon after congratulating the club that you could have returned to.