Club Licencing

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Only Dunbar from the EOS as far as I know.

Clydebank, Cumnock, Auchinleck, Darvel, and Irvine Meadow from the WOS expected to be confirmed.

In the EoS there seems to be also Dalkeith Thistle, Musselburgh Athletic, St Andrews United, Sauchie Juniors and Oakley United which are making progress towards getting a licence. Which ones will do so this time? Anyone know? 

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I haven't heard them mentioned. Kilwinning is the one I would expect to be added to the list if they have applied.

I believe that it has been mentioned that they have applied but they were looking at June 2022 rather than this time around.

9 hours ago, Dev said:

In the EoS there seems to be also Dalkeith Thistle, Musselburgh Athletic, St Andrews United, Sauchie Juniors and Oakley United which are making progress towards getting a licence. Which ones will do so this time? Anyone know? 

Unlike previous years there has been an extension to the deadline to have everything in place for licence approval.  I believe clubs have to have everything in place by 21st June before being submitted to the licence board for approval the following week. 

1 hour ago, kleptomaniac said:

Unlike previous years there has been an extension to the deadline to have everything in place for licence approval.  I believe clubs have to have everything in place by 21st June before being submitted to the licence board for approval the following week. 

Maybe that will let in Kilwinning Rangers from the WoS. They recently appointed a Licencing Officer and they've done a huge amount of work at their ground. The licence would give them extra income for 2021/22 via entry into the SFA Cup and the associate membership fee from the SFA so it would be a good incentive to get things done by 21st June 2021. There are other clubs in the west which are going for licencing but I've not heard of any others which could achieve that this time around, even with a delayed date for getting everything in place.

10 hours ago, RedEd said:

Not so sure about Talbot or Medda. The other three definitely will be confirmed.

If the deadline for getting everything in place is now 21st June there must be a strong chance that Talbot and Medda will get their licences this time around. I wouldn't be too surprised if others achieved the licence too but they've kept quiet about progress so far. Getting the licence this time will give Talbot and Medda extra income for the 2021/22 season so that's a significant incentive.

1 hour ago, Dev said:

Maybe that will let in Kilwinning Rangers from the WoS. They recently appointed a Licencing Officer and they've done a huge amount of work at their ground. The licence would give them extra income for 2021/22 via entry into the SFA Cup and the associate membership fee from the SFA so it would be a good incentive to get things done by 21st June 2021. There are other clubs in the west which are going for licencing but I've not heard of any others which could achieve that this time around, even with a delayed date for getting everything in place.

Kilwinning Rangers are on record as saying they aren't looking to be licensed this summer.

14 hours ago, RedEd said:

Not so sure about Talbot or Medda. The other three definitely will be confirmed.

Meadow tweeted this a month ago.

Talbot had their floodlights SFA certified in October last year, one assumes to meet licensing requirements.

Edited by Footballfirst

On 30/04/2021 at 06:55, glensmad said:
On 29/04/2021 at 23:17, Robert James said:
Thanks.
How about Beith ?

Beith don't have floodlights.

I understood that they were submitting an application to the council, to erect floodlights, though I admit I don't know the timescale.

On 30/04/2021 at 10:07, Dev said:

Dont think buffs were going for it this year, also Clydebank have already been told they have been successful for a licence.

On 01/05/2021 at 21:34, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Dont think buffs were going for it this year, also Clydebank have already been told they have been successful for a licence.

Girvan FC has announced it has received approval from South Ayrshire Council, for the erection of floodlights.

According to information available from the SFA, there are 62 ‘non-league’ clubs currently licensed. Although this information may be a little out of date, only Bo’ness United, Blackburn United, Easthouses Lily MW, Haddington Athletic, Hill of Beath Hawthorn and Newtongrange Star appear to hold licences out as far as 2022, most probably due to those other current license holders having yet to undergo their next renewal review. I assume, though, that the attached list will be updated when the likes of Dunbar United, who have announced their successful application, and the successful WoSFL applicants are ratified as new license holders, and therefore members, at a forthcoming AGM?

IMG_8962.thumb.jpg.1abb752e424302a49167f9e0da235d3e.jpg

On 05/05/2021 at 14:43, 12 Angry Men said:

According to information available from the SFA, there are 62 ‘non-league’ clubs currently licensed. Although this information may be a little out of date, only Bo’ness United, Blackburn United, Easthouses Lily MW, Haddington Athletic, Hill of Beath Hawthorn and Newtongrange Star appear to hold licences out as far as 2022, most probably due to those other current license holders having yet to undergo their next renewal review. I assume, though, that the attached list will be updated when the likes of Dunbar United, who have announced their successful application, and the successful WoSFL applicants are ratified as new license holders, and therefore members, at a forthcoming AGM?

IMG_8962.thumb.jpg.1abb752e424302a49167f9e0da235d3e.jpg

This above list of Licensed Clubs will be updated after the SFA AGM 2021.

However last year, it was updated by the SFA during the latter part of 2020, but the List was still inaccurate as it showed Girvan FC and Glasgow University, as being in the "Other Clubs" list, even though  the West of Scotland (senior) League (of which they are both Members),  had already been created.  Perhaps the post June 2021 SFA List will be more accurate ?. 

Assuming the proposed Highland pyramid below tier 5, is ratified by the SFA in June this year, by incorporating the North Caledonian League, the North Region  'Juniors',  and the proposed Midland League into the pyramid, the two remaining "Other SFA Licensed Clubs" (Golspie Sutherland and Banks o'Dee), will be shown under the NCL & North Juniors (senior) League headings.

In addition, Girvan FC & Glasgow Uni will be listed as WoSL clubs, thereby bringing an end to "Other" (historic) SFA Membership category.

Edited by Robert James
additional question added and typo

With more clubs hopefully gaining their Licence soon does anyone know if more clubs are setting out for a Licence next year?

These clubs have shown some interest previously but are they moving forward still, given Covid etc? :

Crossgates Primrose, Edinburgh United, Glenrothes and Oakley United.

I assume and hope that the likes of Dunbar United, Musselburgh Athletic, Sauchie, Dalkeith Thistle and St Andrews United will get there this time around. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/05/2021 at 12:05, Dev said:

With more clubs hopefully gaining their Licence soon does anyone know if more clubs are setting out for a Licence next year?

These clubs have shown some interest previously but are they moving forward still, given Covid etc? :

Crossgates Primrose, Edinburgh United, Glenrothes and Oakley United.

I assume and hope that the likes of Dunbar United, Musselburgh Athletic, Sauchie, Dalkeith Thistle and St Andrews United will get there this time around. 

Doesn't the SFA normally confirm the clubs whose licensing was ratified, at its AGM yesterday ? Or has the system/timescale changed ? 

In addition to EoSL clubs, some ex-West juniors also applied for a licence, so it will be interesting to see how the Scottish Cup format will be amended.

Euro exit for Scotland is very disappointing.

18 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Doesn't the SFA normally confirm the clubs whose licensing was ratified, at its AGM yesterday ? Or has the system/timescale changed ? 

In addition to EoSL clubs, some ex-West juniors also applied for a licence, so it will be interesting to see how the Scottish Cup format will be amended.

Euro exit for Scotland is very disappointing.

It wasn't the SFA AGM yesterday. It was the Junior FA's. 

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It wasn't the SFA AGM yesterday. It was the Junior FA's. 

If true, the SFA is leaving it very late to confirm (1) the North Tier 6  leagues , (2) the newly SFA licensed clubs, and (3) the revised format (and draw) for the format of the Preliminary Rounds of the Scottish.

Someone on here has mentioned a July SFA AGM date, but that is surely too late, with most leagues starting in mid July.  Perhaps there Is an SFA Board Meeting this month, in order to deal with the above issues ?