Club Licencing

Just now, gaz5 said:

Not sure about the comment "for the start of next season". They've missed that boat already. Start of the season after next at the earliest.

Suppose they could mean the start of the licensing process, but the article was correct later when it said entry to the 2021-22 Scottish Cup.

• 2 months later...
On 11/03/2020 at 14:12, gaz5 said:

Not sure about the comment "for the start of next season". They've missed that boat already. Start of the season after next at the earliest.

Edit: to be fair the chairman does say that later the paper have picked it up wrong.

Will definitely need work on the floodlights to meet the variance criteria for next year, but shouldn't be too far off with much else ground wise. emoji106.png

Has the date been agreed for the SFA, to formally ratify the award of club licences to Camelon, Bo'ness. Haddington, Dunipace, Nitten, and Tranent ?  Of the 7 licensing applicants I identified in January, only Dalkeith will not be successful this year. 

Will the addition of 6 new SFA Member clubs affect the format (preliminary rounds) for the Scottish Cup in 2020/21 ?

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I suspect that the potential addition of 6 new SFA member clubs will be least of the SFA's worries when it comes to the format of the 2020/21 Scottish Cup.

You are correct.

However for the 6 clubs concerned, the Scottish Cup is an important new opportunity for them, and for their fans. 

Also I assume that the regional junior league champions will not be eligible/entering, nor will there be an Amateur Cup winner.  

Edited by Robert James
typo error

2 hours ago, Robert James said:

You are correct.

However for the 6 clubs concerned, the Scottish Cup is an important new opportunity for them, and for their fans. 

Also I assume that the regional junior league champions will not be eligible/entering, nor will there be an Amateur Cup winner.  

Well given the kerfuffle over the ending of the West Region leagues it looks like Auchinleck will be getting put forward for entry to the Scottish. 

However the East and North won't have a team due to their leagues being held declared null and void. As for the junior Cup winner, well until we know if it will finish before the senior Scottish starts they can't make a decision. 

Mind you the SFA are believed to be voting on ending Scottish Cup access for the juniors, amateurs and Alex Jack winners whenever their AGM is held so this may be a moot point. 

18 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

Well given the kerfuffle over the ending of the West Region leagues it looks like Auchinleck will be getting put forward for entry to the Scottish. 

However the East and North won't have a team due to their leagues being held declared null and void. As for the junior Cup winner, well until we know if it will finish before the senior Scottish starts they can't make a decision. 

Mind you the SFA are believed to be voting on ending Scottish Cup access for the juniors, amateurs and Alex Jack winners whenever their AGM is held so this may be a moot point. 

The North never mattered as Banks O'Dee were winning the Superleague having gone 16/16 with 8 games left to play.

I would also like to think if this SFA vote passes it won't take effect until the 2021-22 season. Since the SFA President is apparently giving advice on how to get a team in for 2020-21.

The point I was originally trying to make was that next season's Scottish Cup might operate on a very reduced basis if clubs aren't able to start playing until next year. It would be a challenge to try to fit 10 rounds into January-May when leagues are already trying to catch up on fixtures.

On 26/05/2020 at 19:38, craigkillie said:

The point I was originally trying to make was that next season's Scottish Cup might operate on a very reduced basis if clubs aren't able to start playing until next year. It would be a challenge to try to fit 10 rounds into January-May when leagues are already trying to catch up on fixtures.

That’s going to be a problem no doubt, especially as higher leagues are likely to start first which is the opposite to when Scottish cup campaigns start.  

it’s massively dependent on start date but I’d generally prefer we cut league games and keep a cup calendar as far as possible.   Cups also have the option to postpone later stage games until 2021-2022.  there’s a limit to how far you go with that and a completed league by end of may should be the main priority but 2x playing spfl or 1 x playing(with possible split) outside of spfl with cups holds more appeal to me as a fan(properly not as a treasurer) than 3x playing spfl or 2x outside.

Edited by parsforlife

35 minutes ago, Junior Pub League said:

...and thats just in the past month 🙄

But you are missing at least one from earlier in the week.

Which one? Add Tutankhamen to the list as well, he marks these posts down every time one of the luntic's ID's is identified. Is he the alter ego?

I'm sure he'll be along shortly to demonstrate.

Edited by Burnieman

On 26/05/2020 at 15:47, patriot1 said:

In addition to the 6 new SFA licensing applicants currently awaiting SFA ratification, the following 10 current SFA Member clubs are due to have their existing licence reviewed, by the Licensing Committee, this June  :

LOWLAND  (3)       

Bonnyrigg Rose     Cumbernauld Colts     Edinburgh University   

EAST OF SCOTLAND   (4)

Broxburn Athletic     Jeanfield Swifts     Linlithgow Rose     Tynecastle

SOUTH OF SCOTLAND   (1)

St Cuthbert Wanderers     

WEST OF SCOTLAND   (2)

Girvan     Glasgow University

Are any of the above facing possible renewal problems  (eg: no floodlights, inadequate ground enclosure, etc) ?

(Source  : SFA Handbook list of Licensed Clubs : published May 2020)

Edited by Robert James
typo error

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

In addition to the 6 new SFA licensing applicants currently awaiting SFA ratification, the following 10 current SFA Member clubs are due to have their existing licence reviewed, by the Licensing Committee, this June  :

LOWLAND  (3)       

Bonnyrigg Rose     Cumbernauld Colts     Edinburgh University   

EAST OF SCOTLAND   (4)

Broxburn Athletic     Jeanfield Swifts     Linlithgow Rose     Tynecastle

SOUTH OF SCOTLAND   (1)

St Cuthbert Wanderers     

WEST OF SCOTLAND   (2)

Girvan     Glasgow University

Are any of the above facing possible renewal problems  (eg: no floodlights, inadequate ground enclosure, etc) ?

(Source  : SFA Handbook list of Licensed Clubs : published May 2020)

Just because a club had their last licencing committee review in June 2019, does not necessarily mean they'd get reviewed at the same time next year. I've seen both earlier than a year and later. Notice how on the list you've got the likes of Dundee from April 2019 as an example.

Considering the most recently reviewed clubs in May were restricted to the SPFL Premiership, there's a good chance the licencing team has not been able to do any in person work since the middle of March.

The ones to think on are the members that don't have floodlights and were given until June 2020 to get them in place. Since the likes Girvan, Golspie Sutherland, and Whitehill Welfare haven't been able to get them up. You'd like to think the SFA will take into account the COVID19 situation. Especially as it could see the clubs seek some kind of recourse considering things have been in lockdown beyond their control.

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Just because a club had their last licencing committee review in June 2019, does not necessarily mean they'd get reviewed at the same time next year. I've seen both earlier than a year and later. Notice how on the list you've got the likes of Dundee from April 2019 as an example.

Considering the most recently reviewed clubs in May were restricted to the SPFL Premiership, there's a good chance the licencing team has not been able to do any in person work since the middle of March.

The ones to think on are the members that don't have floodlights and were given until June 2020 to get them in place. Since the likes Girvan, Golspie Sutherland, and Whitehill Welfare haven't been able to get them up. You'd like to think the SFA will take into account the COVID19 situation. Especially as it could see the clubs seek some kind of recourse considering things have been in lockdown beyond their control.

Helpful thanks. I am confident that you are correct about the SFA taking into account,  Covid19 problems.

I deliberately excluded the SPFL clubs, as this is a non league forum.

Also I didn't mention the clubs like Whitehill, Banks O'Dee, and Golspie Sutherland, as their SFA renewal of licence dates, are October 2020, not June 2020. 

3 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Not read every page of the SFA handbook yet, if there are any problems with the licensing,what could be the outcome ? 1) clubs given a stay of execution 2) could they ever be relegated/demoted and 3) is there a time limit when work has to be done ? (end of season/by next season ? )

Clubs have been granted extensions in the past, and as stated above, I would expect the SFA to take full account of clubs who are in the process of carrying out ground improvements, installing or upgrading floodlights, etc, where these works have been delayed by the lock-down.

Also, patriot1 above suggests that junior and amateur clubs who are not current SFA Members, may/will  be excluded from Scottish Cup entry in the future. 

7 hours ago, Robert James said:

Also I didn't mention the clubs like Whitehill, Banks O'Dee, and Golspie Sutherland, as their SFA renewal of licence dates, are October 2020, not June 2020. 

That's part of the point though. Just because they were last reviewed in June 2019, does not mean they get reviewed again on June 2020.

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

So apparently no relaxation of the licensing dates for Whitehill Welfare. according to its twitter page.

Has the contractor now started regarding  the erection of the floodlights ?

Says work starts very soon.

I'd imagine they'll update with pictures as and when.