Club Licencing

56 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Dundee Utd play reserve games on a completely open pitch a couple of hundred yards from the changing rooms at St Andrew's Uni, so the requirements for reserves are pretty low.

I believe that United were told to move games elsewhere as it seems that we have been using Kelty and Broughty more recently.

Even when we did use St Andrews for reserve games, it was often the exception (when other grounds weren't available) than the rule.

As well as toilets is there a solid railing between the stands and the park? Last time I was there it was a rope IIRC.

They have done some work since it opened e.g. screening off the ground.

Returning to my point about there being more to it than the spectator facilities and lights - my impression is that HW's committee is more heavily student-led than Stirling or Edinburgh. At games it's normally students doing most of the jobs versus more "adults" at the others? Given most of them will only serve for a couple of years, it may affect continuity, and their capacity for the off-field stuff? Stirling have/had a course admin working for central institution.

Edinburgh also got heavy backing to rebuild their stadium, and Stirling must be paying a decent rent.

2 hours ago, Bluenortherner said:

Since Creetown recently constructed fencing around their ground, are they intending to apply for licence any time soon?

A wee question for the experts! Has the town of Creetown ever been represented in the Scottish Cup?

I think that is their aim.  Looking at floodlights by all accounts. 

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Wonder if this mean they'll have them up in time to keep their licence?

On that note, I see Oakley have aspirations for license too.

Alot of work to be done however, changing room at least the away one is TINY. The showers are shared not sure what else they need to meet criteria.

On 08/02/2020 at 13:24, HibeeJibee said:

As well as toilets is there a solid railing between the stands and the park? Last time I was there it was a rope IIRC.

They have done some work since it opened e.g. screening off the ground.

Returning to my point about there being more to it than the spectator facilities and lights - my impression is that HW's committee is more heavily student-led than Stirling or Edinburgh. At games it's normally students doing most of the jobs versus more "adults" at the others? Given most of them will only serve for a couple of years, it may affect continuity, and their capacity for the off-field stuff? Stirling have/had a course admin working for central institution.

Edinburgh also got heavy backing to rebuild their stadium, and Stirling must be paying a decent rent.

Edinburgh get 0 funding from Edinburgh Uni. Most of if not all their funds goto the hockey team.

Re Licencing, and re grants provided by the Scottish Football Partnership, these grants were severely cut back last year, an issue that was raised with Rod Petrie at the infamous EoS meeting.

The maximum grant available to licenced EoS clubs is I think set at £2,500, it used to be £10,000 from memory.  At a time when floodlights became a requirement it was a boot in the baws to many clubs.   It's a pathetically small sum of money. 

Who funds the SFP, is it solely the SFA or is it connected to the National Lottery?

On 04/02/2020 at 18:50, FairWeatherFan said:

Heriot-Watt, Leith, Sauchie, and Kinnoull aren't known to be in the Licencing Process. They've not made any puclic announcements that I recall.

Dalkeith and Newtongrange were in the list of 17 clubs at different stages of Licencing last year that the EoS social media published. Dalkeith commented at the time they missed out on licencing due issues not relating to floodlights. I believe it might have been around their pavillion?

Dunbar have announced they're going for their licence. Nobody knows what stage they're in.

I think Camelon, Haddington, and Tranent get a mention as they just needed floodlights last year. Bo'ness are chasing promotion and seem to be positive about it and I think the Dunipace posters around have also been positive about getting licenced this year. Which is why Bo'ness and Dunipace are considered certs.

Which clubs will have their Licensing application considered at the Licensing Committee  meeting on 26th February ?

Being an optimist, my guess for the ex-Junior clubs, is :

Bo'ness

Camelon

Dunipace

Tranet

Haddington

Newtowngrange

Dunbar

....with at least 5 from 7 clubs expected to be awarded an Entry Licence.

I have no idea about Sauchie ?  Seems that Dalkeith may not make the deadline ?     Musselburgh, St Andrews, and Edinburgh United, maybe next year ?.

This is the last Licensing Committee meeting to be held before the SFA's 2020 AGM.      The Scottish Cup 2020/21 awaits the successful applicants !!

In addition, existing licensed clubs (whose membership was at risk, following the SFA's floodlights rule) :  Dalbeatie Star, Whitehall Welfare, Vale of Leithen, & Golspie Sutherland,are on schedule to retain their SFA membership.  Still at risk of losing their licence are Burntisland Shipyard & Coldstream ?

2 Junior clubs who have submitted applications to the SFA, won't be awarded a Licence this year, as they are NOT currently playing in a Pyramid league. 

Which clubs will have their Licensing application considered at the Licensing Committee  meeting on 26th February ?
Being an optimist, my guess for the ex-Junior clubs, is :
Bo'ness
Camelon
Dunipace
Tranet
Haddington
Newtowngrange
Dunbar
....with at least 5 from 7 clubs expected to be awarded an Entry Licence.
I have no idea about Sauchie ?  Seems that Dalkeith may not make the deadline ?     Musselburgh, St Andrews, and Edinburgh United, maybe next year ?.
This is the last Licensing Committee meeting to be held before the SFA's 2020 AGM.      The Scottish Cup 2020/21 awaits the successful applicants !!
In addition, existing licensed clubs (whose membership was at risk, following the SFA's floodlights rule) :  Dalbeatie Star, Whitehall Welfare, Vale of Leithen, & Golspie Sutherland,are on schedule to retain their SFA membership.  Still at risk of losing their licence are Burntisland Shipyard & Coldstream ?
2 Junior clubs who have submitted applications to the SFA, won't be awarded a Licence this year, as they are NOT currently playing in a Pyramid league. 

Dalbettie have floodlights.

Coldstream just announced the council are funding theirs ( and Vale of Leithen). Planning permission is in place.

Burntisland Shipyard also have planning permission as to Wigtown and Bladnoch but goodness knows how they plan on paying for them

2 hours ago, calmac25 said:

Dalbettie have floodlights.

Coldstream just announced the council are funding theirs ( and Vale of Leithen). Planning permission is in place.

Burntisland Shipyard also have planning permission as to Wigtown and Bladnoch but goodness knows how they plan on paying for them

Thank you for the update.

46 minutes ago, junglehenry said:

On the subject of club licensing, are Duns looking to make a come-back next season?

''We are delighted to support Duns Football Club with machinery for the next phase of their development at New Hawthorn Park.''

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

It would be great if Duns returned to the EoSL.  Rumour has it that Eyemouth hope to return for 2020/21.