Club Licencing

8 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

New rules regarding lights coming in.? 

For Entry level licensing the requirements for a club's floodlight system is quite loose. The average of 200 lux Min/Max 0.25 levels are only a recommendation.

The recommendation is due to become a requirement, possibly even at a higher level than the current recommendation. I can't remember exactly. There's also been mention over the height of the poles being a factor going forward.

SFA members have to get lights from 2020 - that's what Whitehill, Vale, Shippy, Coldstream are working on. Meanwhile from 2021 lights must be 200 lux with upto 0.25 min/max variation.

Until now lights were not mandatory and there was no mandatory luminance or variation. However recommendation was already 200 & 0.25 (some years back it was 180 & 0.2, IIRC).

That could require taller/additional pylons in a few places - obviously the closer the light sources are to the pitch, the greater the chance of luminance varying more than 25%.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/10/2019 at 21:41, FairWeatherFan said:

Camelon's floodlights are up

image.thumb.png.a116b2369ff9621fe43d7a5520a7b3a5.png

See on Twitter that the ref called their game off tonight as he wasn't happy with the lights.

David Stoker

@davidstoker_lfc

Interesting evening so far... rolled up at @Camelonjuniors only to find that the ref had called off the game due to the lights being unsuitable.

Edited by Jason King

9 minutes ago, Jason King said:

See on Twitter that the ref called their game off tonight as he wasn't happy with the lights.

David Stoker

@davidstoker_lfc

Interesting evening so far... rolled up at @Camelonjuniors only to find that the ref had called off the game due to the lights being unsuitable.

I saw that. Certainly disappointing for them.

comparing the Edinburgh photo, maybe the photos don't show what it's actually like, but it looks bright enough to me. He should of raised a concern for it to get checked and got on with the game, sometimes these refs think we're in the Premier League and don't use common sense. I bet he got paid even though your out of pocket. 

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They've already hosted one u20s game under their lights. Think that's been the only one so far.

Don't think that was the same lights. Think the ones you refer too were mobile ones. Could be wrong though. The scaffold was still up around one of the poles Saturday past. 

13 minutes ago, albynpark said:

comparing the Edinburgh photo, maybe the photos don't show what it's actually like, but it looks bright enough to me. He should of raised a concern for it to get checked and got on with the game, sometimes these refs think we're in the Premier League and don't use common sense. I bet he got paid even though your out of pocket. 

That picture is taken from underneath a shelter which 2ill make it darker same as it did with the mobile ones

9 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Don't think that was the same lights. Think the ones you refer too were mobile ones. Could be wrong though. The scaffold was still up around one of the poles Saturday past. 

I hadn't noticed they were fixed instead of mobile ones. However, after doing the testing with mobiles, they're hardly going to have purchased a lower lux level?

1 minute ago, lithgierose said:

Surely the licencing guys will have a say. 

It's not really got anything to do with the SFA licensing officer(s) yet. If the permanent ones only just went up at the weekend the SFA proably haven't been round to do an audit.

So the options here are the Camelon committee that have met every licensing requirement upto floodlights, have known for about a year what the floodlights requirements would be, tested and hosted a game under floodlights. Suddenly, have gotten it spectacularly wrong.

Or the ref didn't fancy it.

Option C - bit of both.

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's not really got anything to do with the SFA licensing officer(s) yet. If the permanent ones only just went up at the weekend the SFA proably haven't been round to do an audit.

So the options here are the Camelon committee that have met every licensing requirement upto floodlights, have known for about a year what the floodlights requirements would be, tested and hosted a game under floodlights. Suddenly, have gotten it spectacularly wrong.

Or the ref didn't fancy it.

Option C - bit of both.

I would suggest it has everything to do with the SFA licensing officers. Where else would you be given a certificate for achieving all set criteria without actually showing you have achieved all set criteria?

If the permanent ones only went up at the weekend how can you grant a licence months ago? 

The SFA licensing board must take the full blame for this.

3 hours ago, Bufty Boots said:

I would suggest it has everything to do with the SFA licensing officers. Where else would you be given a certificate for achieving all set criteria without actually showing you have achieved all set criteria?

If the permanent ones only went up at the weekend how can you grant a licence months ago? 

The SFA licensing board must take the full blame for this.

Camelon haven't got an SFA license yet. So how can the SFA be to blame when Camelon haven't been audited with these floodlights?

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Camelon haven't got an SFA license yet. So how can the SFA be to blame when Camelon haven't been audited with these floodlights?

But if camelon are aiming for a licence. Which I am sure they are. Have they met the floodlight criteria set out by the sfa. Seems not to the ref, if he used that reason to call the game off. If the lights do meet the correct criteria. Can't camelon claim compensation from the sfa for lost revenue?