Club Licencing

Congratulations to the EoS and to its' clubs for their success, on and off the field, over promotion/relegation, dealing with the SFA and SJFA, and getting these progressive clubs through to Full Membership of the SFA, hopefully with more to follow:

Blackburn United
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic (Promoted to Lowland League)
Broxburn Athletic
Dundonald Bluebell
Easthouses Lily MW
Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Jeanfield Swifts
Penicuik Athletic
Tynecastle

7 hours ago, stulch said:

In terms of granted, refused, awaiting a decision, awaiting an audit, doing work in preparation and doing nothing?

Licensed:

1. Blackburn United
  2. Broxburn Athletic
  3. Burntisland Shipyard (need floodlights)
  4. Coldstream (need floodlights)
  5. Dundonald Bluebell
  6. Easthouses Lily MW
  7. Hawick Royal Albert United
  8. Hill of Beath Hawthorn
  9. Jeanfield Swifts
  10. Linlithgow Rose
  11. Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale
  12. Penicuik Athletic
  13. Preston Athletic
  14. Tynecastle
  15. Whitehill Welfare (need floodlights)

Just need floodlights:

1. Camelon Juniors
  2. Haddington Athletic
  3. Tranent Juniors
  4. St Andrews United

Ongoing applications:

1. Dalkeith Thistle
  2. Edinburgh United
  3. Musselburgh Athletic
  4. Newtongrange Star

Awaiting approval to begin process:

1. Dunipace

Then you've got the likes of Bo'ness that you imagine will begin an application once they've got their ground sorted over the summer. With one or two others as well.

Licensed:
  1. Blackburn United
  2. Broxburn Athletic
  3. Burntisland Shipyard (need floodlights)
  4. Coldstream (need floodlights)
  5. Dundonald Bluebell
  6. Easthouses Lily MW
  7. Hawick Royal Albert United
  8. Hill of Beath Hawthorn
  9. Jeanfield Swifts
  10. Linlithgow Rose
  11. Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale
  12. Penicuik Athletic
  13. Preston Athletic
  14. Tynecastle
  15. Whitehill Welfare (need floodlights)
Just need floodlights:
  1. Camelon Juniors
  2. Haddington Athletic
  3. Tranent Juniors
  4. St Andrews United
Ongoing applications:
  1. Dalkeith Thistle
  2. Edinburgh United
  3. Musselburgh Athletic
  4. Newtongrange Star
Awaiting approval to begin process:
  1. Dunipace
Then you've got the likes of Bo'ness that you imagine will begin an application once they've got their ground sorted over the summer. With one or two others as well.
Thanks, top work, and top work from the clubs. In my head I was wondering if half were there or there abouts. [emoji106]

On 14/06/2019 at 22:58, Dev said:

Congratulations to the EoS and to its' clubs for their success, on and off the field, over promotion/relegation, dealing with the SFA and SJFA, and getting these progressive clubs through to Full Membership of the SFA, hopefully with more to follow:

Blackburn United
Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic (Promoted to Lowland League)
Broxburn Athletic
Dundonald Bluebell
Easthouses Lily MW
Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Jeanfield Swifts
Penicuik Athletic
Tynecastle

Will 9 new SFA members require an extra (3rd) Scottish Cup Preliminary Round, or are there other options under consideration involving changes to Rounds One, Two and Three ?

Edited by Robert James
typo error

Will 9 new SFA members require an extra (3rd) Scottish Cup Preliminary Round, or are there other options under consideration involving changes to Rounds One, Two and Three ?
Due to Cove's promotion, there are now 7 spots in the first round available. In total 27 clubs are in the prelims (23 licensed + 4 qualifiers). So there will be 1 bye in PR1.

3 hours ago, Robert James said:

Perhaps try looking at the Scottish Cup 2019/20 thread in the Domestic Cup Football section. You'll find the permutations there.

On 14/06/2019 at 13:55, G4Mac said:

Dunipace are working hard to get the updates to the ground in place in the next month or so. The club have pretty much everything in place/on order and awaiting delivery, with only a few little snags that should be straight forward enough to overcome. The committee, some local businesses, friends and sponsors of the club have all worked tirelessly to get the club to this point and hopefully over the line in terms of licencing shortly.

Great to see the progress that Dunipace are making and am looking forward to the news when their SFA Full Licence has been achieved.  Do you have a projected timescale at the moment?

On a related note once Dunipace have sailed through the Licensing hoop, could their current tenants, Syngenta, also apply for a Licence with the proviso that they will be moving over to the EOS for 2020/21 before the Licence can be awarded?  It would certainly be a big arrow to their bow if Syngenta were able to move to the EOS "licence-ready".

I suppose there is also the issue of whether a club can keep their Licence if they move grounds - for example if Syngenta eventually move back to Little Kerse.

Its a rather grey area to me and wondered if others know how Licensing will work for tenants.  I suppose the length of the tenancy agreement will be a key factor.

Edited by Pyramidic

Great to see the progress that Dunipace are making and am looking forward to the news when their SFA Full Licence has been achieved.  Do you have a projected timescale at the moment?

On a related note once Dunipace have sailed through the Licensing hoop, could their current tenants, Syngenta, also apply for a Licence with the proviso that they will be moving over to the EOS for 2020/21 before the Licence can be awarded?  It would certainly be a big arrow to their bow if Syngenta were able to move to the EOS "licence-ready".

I suppose there is also the issue of whether a club can keep their Licence if they move grounds - for example if Syngenta eventually move back to Little Kerse.

Its a rather grey area to me and wondered if others know how Licensing will work for tenants.

Edusport are retaining their license despite moving to their Alliance Park in Bothwellhaugh. No clue if they've had SFA out to inspect the place or sent a copy of building plans to SFA.

Great to see the progress that Dunipace are making and am looking forward to the news when their SFA Full Licence has been achieved.  Do you have a projected timescale at the moment? On a related note once Dunipace have sailed through the Licensing hoop, could their current tenants, Syngenta, also apply for a Licence with the proviso that they will be moving over to the EOS for 2020/21 before the Licence can be awarded?  It would certainly be a big arrow to their bow if Syngenta were able to move to the EOS "licence-ready". I suppose there is also the issue of whether a club can keep their Licence if they move grounds - for example if Syngenta eventually move back to Little Kerse.

Its a rather grey area to me and wondered if others know how Licensing will work for tenants.  I suppose the length of the tenancy agreement will be a key factor.

There's much more to licencing than the ground, so it's not quite as simple as that. 

But to directly answer your question, no, it wont be immediately possible, the licenced changing rooms at Dunipace are not available on the same licence ready configuration to anyone hiring the park.

The first team changing room in particular is solely for the use of our first team. Given we are based there for both training and games it has been extensively revamped with kitchen, A/V system, seating, flooring, toilets, showers, physio room and individual pods for each player to leave their gear in so they don't need to take to and from the ground between sessions.

That entire side of the building is closed to the public, only access for First Team and kit man.

It would take significant additional outlay to make the public changing rooms licence ready for another club to use to piggyback the rest of our facility for a licence.

I'm sure we would be open to the conversation of spending that additional money, but given the benefits licensing brings one might expect a negotiation to take place around a rental agreement for anyone else who wished to use our ground to be licenced as opposed to just renting it for playing games.

Oh, and timescales, we are nearly there. Everything should hopefully be in place in the next 4 to 6 weeks, most of which is awaiting the council decision on planning. All the infrastructure required is bought and awaiting install, we just want to make sure the council is all ok with everything first.

In terms of our licence, we are awaiting being presented to the sfa board for ratification and hope to progress to getting audited after the next board meeting which I think is next week. We hope that the sfa progress our application, everything is in place with all the alterations that are required having been undertaken.

In terms of syngenta, not sure where that would leave them in terms of a licence application. That would really be for syngenta to explore if they chose to apply for one.

Exciting times for the my club though. We have made massive steps forward since moving to the eosfl and hope to make more steady progress this season. We aren't the club that people will remember us as, with a new ground, new under 19s to add to our under 20s and with some new faces in the first team playing squad an exciting season hopefully beckons for us next year. I am looking forward to our new league set up and hope we can take some more steps in the right direction.

3 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

Exciting times for the my club though. We have made massive steps forward since moving to the eosfl and hope to make more steady progress this season. We aren't the club that people will remember us as, with a new ground, new under 19s to add to our under 20s and with some new faces in the first team playing squad an exciting season hopefully beckons for us next year. I am looking forward to our new league set up and hope we can take some more steps in the right direction.

Really enjoyed my visit back in March on the Groundhop Friday Night.

Really enjoyed my visit back in March on the Groundhop Friday Night.
Feel free to come back through, I'm sure we could discuss terms for a season ticket or hospitality package :-)

The new ground improvements will only enhance the fans experience once they are all completed. Particularly a covered area and new toilets to add to our club room and hospitality suite.

I went to an U20 game at Dunipace last season, crowd of over 100, good food, busy lounge. I've been to quite a few top development/reserve league games over the years and only an Edinburgh derby was bigger. It was more of an occasion than even Celtic in UEFA Champions Youth League games. Since then they've improved the ground even more. A huge credit to everyone involved and a real asset too the town, hope they get their licence soon.