Club Licencing

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Think too much of a fuss is being kicked up over this, if associate members can still be promoted and still get Scottish cup entry and access to membership related cash handouts. If all that is involved is voting rights at the AGM, this looks like a way to facilitate a large membership influx without running into opposition from SPFL clubs worried about losing their control over the SFA's future direction. The existing membership were never going to allow a situation to develop where PGB board level clubs might ultimately wind up being outvoted if the SJFA's entire membership were able to gate crash the party.

I think a fuss is rightly being kicked up about it, as the chances are this could just be the first step.  Create "second class" members and then begin to restrict their rights/benefits without them being able to respond.  If would be naive to think this is the end of it, as I have said several times, this sets the groundwork for future changes.

We can speculate what the changes will be and how long it will be before they are implemented, but I suspect that's the long game here.  It's just a pity other non-league clubs voted it through as it could come to bite them on the backside at some future point.

I was looking at how the Scottish cup would work this year. If Dundonald got in their would be 26 teams taking part in the preliminary stage. Going by previous years Only 6 teams seem to come out of the preliminary round. Only way I could see it working is if bonnyrigg get their licence Camelon, Auchinleck, Colville park and lochee will ahve to play extra preliminary round

10 minutes ago, Khufu2 said:

image.png.cecbb434aa6e9ea649863edbea8542f8.png

So you need to be an Associate Member for 3 years and get to the 7th Tier in English Football to be a Full Member. Not sure if you lose Full membership status if you get relegated from Tier 7 though.

I count at least half a dozen League teams amongst the Associate members.  I note Salford City, newly promoted to the League is neither a full nor associate member.  I presume they are a member of the Manchester FA.

Edited by Khufu2

I think the full and associate membership is actually the right way to go although associate members should still be able to vote on certain aspects of the game and it should be done depending on your league not whether you’ve already got one. Teams tier 5 and up full voting rights, teams tier 6 and below partial voting rights. The 1 member 1 vote seems great on paper but then you’d have a potential scenario where tier 6 could have more voting power than tiers 1-4 combined and the biggest clubs won’t allow that to happen as seen in the SPFLs voting system which favours the Premiership. As long as it’s done right and not used to block new teams moving up the pyramid or entering the Cup then I’ve not got an issue with it.

1 hour ago, Khufu2 said:

Interesting how a PL club like AFC Bournemouth and L1 club Accrington Stanley are associate members, but clubs playing much lower down full members!

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Fixtures oot shortly how can the EOSFL and LL fixtures secretaries do them. 

An absolute baw ache. 

5 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Did ye miss oot the 73-13 vote bit oot deliberately. 

Maybes find oot who the 73 are and take it from there  ? 

3 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

as it's gone way past its sell by date for both clubs. 

Still a baw ache

th?id=OIP.2uGsY7ULOoaguPcBjzLlIwHaFF&pid

I'll give you a prediction here NB: when this utter shambles is finally resolved - one way or other - it'll be the LL and EOSL riding up in good order to sort the mess out, not adding to the chaos...

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I was looking at how the Scottish cup would work this year. If Dundonald got in their would be 26 teams taking part in the preliminary stage. Going by previous years Only 6 teams seem to come out of the preliminary round. Only way I could see it working is if bonnyrigg get their licence Camelon, Auchinleck, Colville park and lochee will ahve to play extra preliminary round

4330273.jpg

You've forgotten that HL only has 17 clubs left next season leaving a combined entry of 33 between HL + LL. That means there are 7 spaces in R1 and the Scottish Cup rules simply say that an unspecified number of teams progress from the preliminaries into R1 to give a full set of ties. That means 28 spaces and there are currently 25 clubs: so you can add Dundonald and indeed up to 2 more to total 28.

Incidentally if you'd a combined entry of 34 between HL + LL... whether 18/16 or 17/17... you would have an issue as reaching 25+ you'd have 1+ more clubs than spaces.

Edited by HibeeJibee

32 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

th?id=OIP.2uGsY7ULOoaguPcBjzLlIwHaFF&pid

I'll give you a prediction here NB: when this utter shambles is finally resolved - one way or other - it'll be the LL and EOSL riding up in good order to sort the mess out, not adding to the chaos...

4330273.jpg

You've forgotten that HL only has 17 clubs left next season leaving a combined entry of 33 between HL + LL. That means there are 7 spaces in R1 and the Scottish Cup rules simply say that an unspecified number of teams progress from the preliminaries into R1 to give a full set of ties. That means 28 spaces and there are currently 25 clubs: so you can add Dundonald and indeed up to 2 more to total 28.

Incidentally if you'd a combined entry of 34 between HL + LL... whether 18/16 or 17/17... you would have an issue as reaching 25+ you'd have 1+ more clubs than spaces.

SO in preliminary round 1 there would be two byes and the other 24 would play to get it to 12 plus the other 2

Edited by AlanCamelonfan
?

3 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

SO in preliminary round 1 there would be two byes and the other 24 would play to get it to 12 plus the other 2

If you're adding Dundonald then that's correct: PR1 would have 12 ties & 2 random byes (for which Camelon, Auchinleck, Lochee and Colville wouldn't be eligible), and PR2 would have 7 ties.

My maths teacher never taught me much, but he did teach me that in a cup competion, working out the number of games is easy because every team loses apart from the winners.

So if you have 8 teams you have 7 games (Final, semi finals, and quarter finals)

If you have 128 teams you have 127 games (Final, semi finals, quarter finals, last 16, last 32, last 64, last 128)

The point being, however many teams you have the number of games is one less. If its 91 teams then its 90 games. If its 90 teams its 89 games.

I appreciate there's a bit of messing about with the Scottish to get certain numbers in certain rounds, but essentially its really straight forward (although I wonder if the SFA realize that)

DundonaldBluebelljfc @dbjfc1938
FollowingFollowing @dbjfc1938
More

We are delighted to announce after notification this morning, with immediate effect we are full members of the Scottish Football Association. This is testament to the hard working people at this club and the local community who have contributed to make this possible. Thank you

12:10 PM - 14 Jun 2019
Edited by lowenan