Club Licencing

6 minutes ago, the tin man said:

SFA are trying to push through a rule that new members can’t be promoted unless they have held their licence/membership for a year.

So has Bonnyrigg been licensed today or not.  If they have, does what you say above mean that they will still be ineligible for promotion next year as they won't have been licensed for a year before the promotion places are handed out at the end of April/May 2020?

Seems like making up rules as they go along, although the SFA has form for that.

Edited by Footballfirst

SFA are trying to push through a rule that new members cant be promoted unless they have held their licence/membership for a year.

Surely that's nothing to do with the SFA? The Lowland League stipulate their entry requirements in the same way the SPFL, EoS, Juniors etc. stipulate theirs.

The only role the SFA play here is granting (or not) membership. That SFA membership is a requirement for LL entry is surely no more under the SFA's control than the playoff rules or Colts teams in the SPFL?

Seems a bizarre one, on the surface of it.

Surely won't impact on the pot, as that is based on licence level, rather than membership type. Seems this is more to do with voting (for now anyway).

Whole thing is getting a bit Turkeys and Christmas. It's almost as if the SFA dint actually want to promote the game at all levels like they say the do, they want to protect the game for those already in the club.....

I understand licensing is set for a fair overhaul. Not so much the requirements, but the benefits that come with it. I understand membership may well be diluted to something called associate membership. Pretty sure this will go down in certain quarters like a lead balloon. Protection of the pot is firmly in play. This undoubtedly will have an effect on the sjfas overall interest in joining the pyramid.  

Has Larry been feeding you again [emoji38]

Unfortunately my pot was correctAlbeit my feeding was from 1 of the eos applicants who will now get the diluted version I am glad the 1st 6 got full benefits and were not shafted.

Also shame to see all the recent license holders who voted with policy.

Unfortunately my pot was correctAlbeit my feeding was from 1 of the eos applicants who will now get the diluted version 
I am glad the 1st 6 got full benefits
So you have any idea what it means?

Does anyone? [emoji846]

Distribution of license payments is currently based on licence type (Entry, Bronze etc.).

Voting rights, fair enough.

But does anyone actually know what changes were presented/proposed and have been agreed here?

So you have any idea what it means?

Does anyone? [emoji846]

Distribution of license payments is currently based on licence type (Entry, Bronze etc.).

Voting rights, fair enough.

But does anyone actually know what changes were presented/proposed and have been agreed here?
I'm fed up of being tarred with always feeding a line so will wait for burnie who will certainly get the same details.