Club Licencing

I wonder if any of todays rumours regarding licensing are to be believed.
Hearing once again that these memberships may well be diluted in terms of return.  
Cant imagine Scottish cup entry will be in doubt but potentially the annual windfall and or voting rights.
Hoping Burnieman is ready to shoot me down in flames but I have heard something is afoot. I certainly believe at least one of the newly licensed clubs has more information.
If you look back the threads the last few days it has already been discussed, there is a resolution to bring in "associate membership" for new applicants after this years agm, but no mention of it affecting anything else at this stage.

No guarantee of course that it will be passed.

9 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

If you look back the threads the last few days it has already been discussed, there is a resolution to bring in "associate membership" for new applicants after this years agm, but no mention of it affecting anything else at this stage.

No guarantee of course that it will be passed.

I have not been looking but you shot me down in flames for said suggestion.

Also heard Banks o Dee may well have applied to the HL so their pyramid stance may well be tested (I know they indicated they did not want in earlier in the week)

Edited by superbigal

I have not been looking but you shot me down in flames for said suggestion.
I said I was highly skeptical if it was true as your likely source likes to ensure pish gets in the way of debate, but this time it was fairly accurate.

Nobody really knows what it means beyond restricted voting rights for new members. It's an SFA Board motion, whether it has majority support who knows.

It doesn't mention anything about Scottish Cup or annual payments but it doesn't take a genuis to see where this is eventually heading.

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I said I was highly skeptical if it was true as your likely source likes to ensure pish gets in the way of debate, but this time it was fairly accurate.

Nobody really knows what it means beyond restricted voting rights for new members. It's an SFA Board motion, whether it has majority support who knows.

It doesn't mention anything about Scottish Cup or annual payments but it doesn't take a genuis to see where this is eventually heading.

Forget the pots of gold and voting rights.

What not being a full member does mean however is in theory you cannot ever access the SFL.

That issue may not arise in theory for years but would surely be a pyramid blocker.

What not being a full member does mean however is in theory you cannot ever access the SFL.
That issue may not arise in theory for years but would surely be a pyramid blocker.
It only relatates to below tier 5. If you are promoted to LL you become a full member.

What is this SFL of which you speak?

20 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Also heard Banks o Dee may well have applied to the HL so their pyramid stance may well be tested (I know they indicated they did not want in earlier in the week)

Yesterday there was confirmation they had turned down the invitation for 2019-20 and today their chairman was on the radio saying something along the lines of they have a project in place till summer 2020. So after that they may well have a look.

1 hour ago, Wee Fifer said:

Not an expert on what’s happening below SPFL but it’s been suggested to me from a friend on the EF board that the SFA are considering grass pitches as an essential licensing criteria from season 20/21

There will be 16 teams with artificial surfaces next season so that does seem unlikely.

20 hours ago, superbigal said:

You seem intent on spreading a lot of guesswork and misinformation superbigal.... You are theorising and hypothesising....... What is the end game for you with this stuff?

16 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

There will be 16 teams with artificial surfaces next season so that does seem unlikely.

Is it not more than that? Just within the SPFL, HL and LL you appear to have

1. Livingston
  2. Hamilton Academical
  3. Kilmarnock*
  4. Falkirk
  5. East Stirlingshire
  6. Queen of the South
  7. Alloa Athletic
  8. BSC Glasgow
  9. East Fife
  10. Airdrie
  11. Montrose
  12. Stenhousemuir
  13. Raith Rovers
  14. Forfar Athletic
  15. Edinburgh City
  16. Spartans
  17. Clyde
  18. Cumbernauld Colts
  19. Annan Athletic
  20. Edusport Academy
  21. East Kilbride
  22. Gala Fairydean Rovers
  23. Kelty Hearts
  24. Cove Rangers

20 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
20 hours ago, superbigal said:

It only relatates to below tier 5. If you are promoted to LL you become a full member.

...which would mean there is no reason for SPFL clubs to fear a massive influx of new members. That sounds more like a pyramid enabler to me, especially if there is still Scottish Cup access.

3 hours ago, G4Mac said:

You seem intent on spreading a lot of guesswork and misinformation superbigal.... You are theorising and hypothesising....... What is the end game for you with this stuff?

Same with.have clubs finances been checked.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

...which would mean there is no reason for SPFL clubs to fear a massive influx of new members. That sounds more like a pyramid enabler to me, especially if there is still Scottish Cup access.

I don't think it would in any way encourage Junior clubs to make the move if, when Licenced, you don't even have a voice at your Associations AGM unless you reach a certain level.  Very poor stuff from the SFA, and hopefully it will be defeated.

33 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Same with.have clubs finances been checked.

Whats the misinformation ?

A club owes its landlord large rent arrears.  They are being evicted from their home ground.  

Therefore I ask if the EOS did their diligence on them ?

I suggested weeks ago that Glenrothes  Strollers would appear to be a much better fit for the EOS.

Edited by superbigal

The misinformation regarding licensing becoming stricter and clubs not having voting rights or accessing the spfl..... No official word on that actually being the case and therefore it being rumour and gossip. 

The financial aspect of another clubs affairs is for said club to deal with. Not for us to plaster all over a forum. 

The misinformation regarding licensing becoming stricter and clubs not having voting rights or accessing the spfl..... No official word on that actually being the case and therefore it being rumour and gossip. 

The financial aspect of another clubs affairs is for said club to deal with. Not for us to plaster all over a forum. 

I’m not sure we have someone intent on spreading misinformation here, but what I think we do have with superbigal is a wee sweetie wife who is really, really keen to be seen to be the one to be passing on ‘kosher’ inside information and then extrapolating all sorts of ‘facts’ from that information.

16 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I don't think it would in any way encourage Junior clubs to make the move if,  ...

That's not the only potential obstacle to a pyramid. If they do this associate membership thing the SFA won't have to keep ramping up the licensing requirements to keep the numbers of full members down, because it will be fixed at the 76 in PGB level leagues.

One of the rumours that is being actively spread is that licensing is going to be curtailed to limit progression. Having associate members would probably have the opposite effect.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

That's not the only potential obstacle to a pyramid. If they do this associate membership thing the SFA won't have to keep ramping up the licensing requirements to keep the numbers of full members down, because it will be fixed at the 76 in PGB level leagues.

One of the rumours that is being actively spread is that licensing is going to be curtailed to limit progression. Having associate members would probably have the opposite effect.

What I see Associate membership doing is first, remove the voting rights of members below tier 5 which in turn lays the groundwork to then curtail the sharing of the SFA annual payment (which afterall is what this is all about).  What we are seeing is the increasing influence of the SPFL within the SFA.

I don't see the licence criteria changing significantly, that potentially could hurt members in tier 5  (and even League 1/2).

We're second guessing what the end game is here, but this motion is there to lay the groundwork for further curtailing of the influence of former Junior clubs in the SFA. They fear them.

8 minutes ago, Wee Fifer said:

Personally I don’t think they fear them at all I think they are protecting them.  Don’t you think you are expecting far too much too quickly? The juniors have made great progress over the last couple of seasons but Rome wasn’t built in a day.  I welcome the day former junior clubs visit New Bayview on a regular basis but this can only be achieved by hard working committees as is being shown by Kelty.  The pyramid as is stands is not perfect but progress has been made and through time will start to work. I think it’s unfortunate that Bonnyrigg have lost out this season but also reckon their disappointment  is partly due to over exuberance. 

I don't even know what you're getting at.  There is a motion at SFA AGM to remove voting rights of new members below tier 5. Permamently.

How does that fit with what you have posted?