Club Licencing

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It has been pointed out to me that while they had their last review in December, it doesn't mean that's when they were audited etc.

One of the reasons December audits were carried out under 2019 rules was because they were reviewed by the LC in February.

I can see the point you're making, but that would also start to throw up a host of issues in relation to timing - not least being disadvantaged by the embargo, and the timing of the inspections, and the timeline for consideration.

2 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

Well done Sir/Madam an excellent point. One for the sfa to provide an answer to but won’t of course.

And to add to the conspiracy I wonder if TJ had a say in it, getting his retaliation in for the mass evacuation from the East Junior Clubs at the end of last season.

Sack the board Sack the board Sack the board.

C’mon The Rose 

I think you over estimate the clout TJ has.

2 minutes ago, BS7 said:

I can see the point you're making, but that would also start to throw up a host of issues in relation to timing - not least being disadvantaged by the embargo, and the timing of the inspections, and the timeline for consideration.

Oh I agree the whole thing is farcical.

In terms of existing members I think they were roughly told a deadline when the 2019 changes were emailed round. There was the whole fuss of existing members getting the deadline and new applications have to meet 2019 rules.

But officially I don't think anyone has a derogation for floodlights yet, because they haven't been audited under 2019 rules. 

Looking at the process, there is a right of appeal.

It might get messy, if Bonnyrigg appeal, and the hearing isn't held before the lowland league deadline date. There might be a bit of scope here for Bonnyrigg to play the SFA at their own game.....

12 hours ago, GordonS said:

Chapeau for inserting those sics. I'd expect nothing less from the university town.

Bunnet doffed in return good sir!  10,000 students in said university town all winter but not interested in the mighty Saints unfortunately!!!!!!!  Maybe we should get floodlights for horse polo...........

27 minutes ago, Saints1921 said:

Bunnet doffed in return good sir!  10,000 students in said university town all winter but not interested in the mighty Saints unfortunately!!!!!!!  Maybe we should get floodlights for horse polo...........

Sad that they don't go along to watch you, Partick Thistle do well from Glasgow Uni students who are too far from home to watch their own teams so there ought to be a market. But I doubt many St Andrew's undergrads are soccer types...

1 hour ago, BS7 said:

You'll have possibly seen this document - I hadn't until today:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4676/scottish-fa-club-licensing-manual-2019.pdf

Something seems not quite right.

If you read the manual properly it refers to 'Clubs'  as SFA members and the process of derogation and the appeals process apply to member clubs. There is no direct reference to derogation or appeals for applicant clubs. It seems that until you are a 'member' derogation is not in the hands of the Licensing Committee which may clarify why the Board were involved. 

It was clear from the Licensing Officials that new applicant  clubs had to meet the criteria 100%  with no 'variances'  before being recommended as 'new members', hence the clubs who did not meet the criteria 100% were not recommemded by the Licensing Committee for acceptance. 

Just trying to clarify the process without commenting on other issues, as it seems alot of commentary and misinfomation around from posters.who may not have been directly involved.

2 hours ago, BS7 said:

Looking at the process, there is a right of appeal.

It might get messy, if Bonnyrigg appeal, and the hearing isn't held before the lowland league deadline date. There might be a bit of scope here for Bonnyrigg to play the SFA at their own game.....

The appeals process relates to Licence Committee decisions, the Licence Committee didn't make this decision.  That's where it becomes difficult ie how do you appeal SFA Board decisions, I don't think you can, so the only avenue may be legal.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Sad that they don't go along to watch you, Partick Thistle do well from Glasgow Uni students who are too far from home to watch their own teams so there ought to be a market. But I doubt many St Andrew's undergrads are soccer types...

They really really dont.  Clearly someone who has no idea about Glasgow, its populace and the unemployed dossersthat are students.

Stirling and St Andrews are the same, massive student population but other things for them to do at the weekend.

When I was at Uni there was a supporters club for the local SPFL team which had about 7 members - people are interested in their team and not the team where they live for a short period of time. I certainly didnt and wouldnt have changed allegiance.

Edited by Jason King

6 hours ago, razamanaz said:

How many games in the East of Scotland conferences and Lowland League were actually played under floodlight?  are they needed or just have earlier kick-offs

Floodlights aren't mandatory in either league. There are still 3 LL clubs without lights - Civil Service / Vale of Leithen / Whitehill. Having a licence isn't mandatory in EOSL for obvious reasons.

In both leagues Saturday games at venues without lights are played at 2pm from start of November to end of January (in EOSL), or middle of February (in LL - as normal time is 3pm whereas in EOSL it's 2:30pm).

Only provision regarding lighting is that in LL midweek games kick-off at 7:45pm - unless the clubs agree otherwise. Clubs without floodlight must be able to obtain an alternative venue, should they ever need to play a midweek match at 7:45pm and it not be possible to do so by natural light.

However in 2 seasons of operation that has only happened once: Vale v BSCG last month which was played at Preston. There have been 16 midweek games over those two seasons played by natural light. Majority were at 7:15pm or 7:30pm (and as it happens in 4 the away team was also a club without lights).

Edited by HibeeJibee

2 hours ago, Jason King said:

They really really dont.  Clearly someone who has no idea about Glasgow, its populace and the unemployed dossersthat are students.

Stirling and St Andrews are the same, massive student population but other things for them to do at the weekend.

When I was at Uni there was a supporters club for the local SPFL team which had about 7 members - people are interested in their team and not the team where they live for a short period of time. I certainly didnt and wouldnt have changed allegiance.

I had a season ticket for Hearts when I was at Glasgow uni and went back to Edinburgh for all of the home games.  I also went to a few Partick Thistle matches when Hearts were away.  I know a few others who went along sometimes too.  I mainly went in first year as I stayed in Murano Street right next to the ground.

Nothing at all to do with changing allegiance.  Just people wanting to watch football and having matches taking place nearby.

Edited by stanley

5 hours ago, Saints1921 said:

I'm a student, and I used to go to school in St Andrews. This comment really annoys me, a lot of clubs expect students, who don't know the area will just come to matches. If you're serious about getting students turning up to matches, have someone go to the Freshers Fayre (or St Andrews equivalent) in September, speak to Students, maybe have some deal where students get in for a £1. Do this and you can attract new fans. You have to be engaging on your part, and not just expect people to know when and where to turn up.

I feel bad for you re: Licensing and hope you get it sorted. You guys have been shafted and I've been to your ground before and always thought it was a nice setup.

14 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

I'm a student, and I used to go to school in St Andrews. This comment really annoys me, a lot of clubs expect students, who don't know the area will just come to matches. If you're serious about getting students turning up to matches, have someone go to the Freshers Fayre (or St Andrews equivalent) in September, speak to Students, maybe have some deal where students get in for a £1. Do this and you can attract new fans. You have to be engaging on your part, and not just expect people to know when and where to turn up.

I feel bad for you re: Licensing and hope you get it sorted. You guys have been shafted and I've been to your ground before and always thought it was a nice setup.

Fair point sir! 

3 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Maybe even get some players nothing to lose

6 hours ago, stanley said:

I had a season ticket for Hearts when I was at Glasgow uni and went back to Edinburgh for all of the home games.  I also went to a few Partick Thistle matches when Hearts were away.  I know a few others who went along sometimes too.  I mainly went in first year as I stayed in Murano Street right next to the ground.

Nothing at all to do with changing allegiance.  Just people wanting to watch football and having matches taking place nearby.

I grew up in Glasgow, went to Glasgow Uni 93-98, me and a few mates used to go and watch Thistle from time to time and I knew a few others who did too. They were fans of Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Cambridge Utd, Celtic. 

As usual, King is just looking for a fight. What I describe is not his personal experience, ergo I'm an arsehole who must be monstered. I stopped responding to him ages ago.

There was a couple of lads that I went to college with in Edinburgh that went to train with CCS and Dalkeith. Don’t know how many played but I have been to a couple of CCS games on the back of it.

Well worth getting a few posters up or see if you can advertise on the Uni’s social media 

16 hours ago, GordonS said:

I grew up in Glasgow, went to Glasgow Uni 93-98, me and a few mates used to go and watch Thistle from time to time and I knew a few others who did too. They were fans of Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, Cambridge Utd, Celtic. 

As usual, King is just looking for a fight. What I describe is not his personal experience, ergo I'm an arsehole who must be monstered. I stopped responding to him ages ago.

As has frequently been pointed out on here you are nothing but a mewling quim Celtic fan who cant accept any form of criticism and who when faced with anyone who has  a different point of view immediately goes for the "I stopped responding..." line as you have nothing in response.

I watched Thistle for over 30 years and the number of students who were there you could count on one Linlithgow hand, people thinking that there is an untapped fanbase of Uni students are barking up the wrong tree as every club in a Uni city clearly shows.

Getting back on point - Off the Ball covered the Bonnyrigg licence/promotion situation for about five minutes on tonight's radio show and all agreed that the situation was shambolic.  Alas, Tam Cowan didn't seem very clued up and Gary Locke still thinks Rose is a Junior club!!!!!   

13 minutes ago, Saints1921 said:

Getting back on point - Off the Ball covered the Bonnyrigg licence/promotion situation for about five minutes on tonight's radio show and all agreed that the situation was shambolic.  Alas, Tam Cowan didn't seem very clued up and Gary Locke still thinks Rose is a Junior club!!!!!   

Gary's from Bonnyrigg  he kens awright.