Club Licencing

17 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

It shouldn't be that black and white. Unfortunately i think the SFA will do what they want and everyone will just need to accept it and fall in line. It isn't right, it just is.

If they are found not to have followed the processes in their own manual, then I don't think clubs need accept it at all.

Hopefully a simple appeal can reverse the decision.

EDIT: There is an Appellate Tribunal who are there to hear club appeals on Licencing Commitee decisions, of course, it wasn't the Licencing Committee who refused the derogation, so where that leaves the appeals process I dont know.

Edited by Burnie_man

Utter farce.

Congrats to @Burnie_man and all the clubs that have been successful. However, the SFA have yet again proven how horrifically incompetent an organisation they are.

I do hope common sense will eventually prevail and Bonnyrigg end up in the LL next season, but f**k me. 

I am not gonna hold my breath.

Congratulations to all of the clubs getting licensed today. For those that were rejected for no lights, surely they must have a case for derogation as long as they have a plan in place to comply. If not in law, they must be due a refund because the rules changed after they made their application. I hope this gets sorted in favour of the clubs who have lost out especially Bonnyrigg. 

No surprise to see the SFA making a complete mess of the pyramid. We were onto a good thing now we have the season over and countless clubs have no fucking idea what league they will be playing in. I’ve heard from a few people Maxwell is completely out of his depth.

No real outcry in the media about it though as it doesn’t involve the top two leagues or colt teams. Clubs have spent a small fortune to get their ground to a level they thought was appropriate and it’s all for nothing? Many of these clubs will never get floodlights so they have wasted all of their time and energy.

Really embarrassed by the running of Scottish football but this won’t get near as much column time from journos as a refereeing decision.

The cynic in me says the timing of this is on purpose - wait till the first business day after the conclusion of the title playoffs and pull up the drawbridge as punishment for refusing to accept the SFA's tier 6 shambles. 

Congratulations to all clubs who became licensed today. 

Just now, gogsy said:

Countless clubs? Basically all non SPFL clubs except Bonnyrigg and Whitehill (and Cove obviously)know for  certain what league they are playing in next season.

Everything else you say is spot on though.

Penicuik and Broxburn don’t (assuming they will apply for promotion), there was talk of Linlithgow going up as well, Leith don’t know either, I’m sure junior clubs that have applied for the EoS don’t know either? 

5 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Penicuik and Broxburn don’t (assuming they will apply for promotion), there was talk of Linlithgow going up as well, Leith don’t know either, I’m sure junior clubs that have applied for the EoS don’t know either? 

Junior clubs that would apply would be tier 7. So how do they not

Just now, AlanCamelonfan said:

Ah I had read they were potentially coming in at the same level - much to annoyance of many. Maybe that was only the Dundee juniors.

8 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Yes an excellent statement released from the club explaining the process very well, whilst highlighting the amateurish dealing of situation by a joke of an organisation who come under the umbrella of the SFA.

Just now, AlanCamelonfan said:

As far as I am aware, none of the clubs in tier 7 know who whey will playing next year ; i.e. how will teams be split in tier 7, geographically, seeding or whatever? 

1 minute ago, Muzza81 said:

Ah I had read they were potentially coming in at the same level - much to annoyance of many. Maybe that was only the Dundee juniors.

No juniors are coming in at tier 6 where have you been for the last week. Juniors at tier 6 is over

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

I can see their next trick being to include  criteria for a having x amounts of seats.

That should put those pesky clubs that want too progress in their place.

Scottish football eh.

Broxburn would currently fall foul to this if it was brought in, but I heard there are plans in place to do this but how far away this is I have no idea.

http://www.bonnyriggrosefc.co.uk/teams/118321/news/club-statement-application-for-sfa-membership-2424113.html

...There are no options at this stage which we have discounted...

Such as showing up in balaclavas with baseball bats to the next SFA board meeting? That sentence was probably one step too far. I would have left it at the vague hint of legal action.

Guest Bonnyrigg Vid
8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

http://www.bonnyriggrosefc.co.uk/teams/118321/news/club-statement-application-for-sfa-membership-2424113.html

...There are no options at this stage which we have discounted...

Such as showing up in balaclavas with baseball bats to the next SFA board meeting? That sentence was probably one step too far. I would have left it at the vague hint of legal action.

Just stating that they they will explore all avenues as they should.