Club Licencing

No promotion from the EoS this season would be a terrible shame.  Really badly handled by the SFA.  There simply has to be a way to promote the highest placed licenced club each season.  

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Don't think legal action will work because I think they have it in the licensing regulations that the licensing board can add on any extra requirements to any application that they see fit at their discretion. They used to anyway. Been a while since I last checked. Bit of a downer that this happened, but not in any way surprising that this would happen once the floodlights requirement was introduced as that was clearly all about keep a lid on the number of new Scottish Cup entrants.

There is an appeals process heard by an independent panel I believe, whether they will deem it applicable in this scenario who knows.

I can see why derogation would be refused IF there is no plan in place to have lights by the next audit (although I still don't agree under the circumstances), but Bonnyrigg's (and I think Dundonald) will have them in place by the start of next season.  It's just not right.

St Andrews rejected as well due to lack of lights.

We've spent over £10k on items which don't improve our facilities but were needed for a licence including dug outs and goals. Plus our application fee on top of this.

Absolute nonsense. Even more so for Bonnyrigg.

Ffs if this was known previously surely the big rose would have just let penicuik and broxburn fight for the title.

I still think floodlights are a fair requirement but to refuse an application if work is imminent. Poor show.

I should say congratulations to those clubs who have been accepted.

At least it puts to bed the worry that current members were trying to stop any new applicants to protect their share of the pot.

1 minute ago, superbigal said:

Ffs if this was known previously surely the big rose would have just let penicuik and broxburn fight for the title.

Scottish Cup entry comes into it as well, but maybe they get in already through a cup? Have lost track a bit on all the EoS cups this season. Camelon are in that way from what I remember.

Scottish Cup entry comes into it as well, but maybe they get in already through a cup? Have lost track a bit on all the EoS cups this season. Camelon are in that way from what I remember.

Aye they beat Bonnyton in South & East Cup Winners Shield (winner of EOS Alex Jack vs SOS Alba Cup).

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

We are in from winming east south Shield. Bonnyrigg will be in as league winners

7 minutes ago, patriot1 said:

I should say congratulations to those clubs who have been accepted.

At least it puts to bed the worry that current members were trying to stop any new applicants to protect their share of the pot.

You have lights there could they not be fixed on upgraded

Clearly it's a case of no lights = no licence.  It's nonsense and I really feel for those clubs who have put time, money and effort into this only to have the rug pulled from under them right at the time of audit, it truly is shocking.

I hope there is an avenue of appeal.

Bonnyrigg actually have the lights, I understand that irrespective of how much the fundraisers bring in they were to be installed over the closed season.

Still at least it keeps our neighbours with no lights safe for at least the next 12 months.

4 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

You have lights there could they not be fixed on upgraded

Our lights haven't been used in at twenty years. 

To take our money and then change the criteria is a joke. Is anyone aware of an SFA board meeting being held since our EGM and if not who made this decision?