Club Licencing

5 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

Camelon rejected on grounds of not having floodlights. Very very disappointed. 

Was your application in before the change in criteria?

Camelon rejected on grounds of not having floodlights. Very very disappointed. Despite meeting the criteria at the time we applied and having works underway to install lights.
I'm expecting that others will be rejected for this too. It is a decision that can be appealed though.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Blackburn United's licence has been formally approved by the SFA Board today, so excellent news for us.  I don't know anymore than that ie what other clubs have also been approved.

Guaranteed to draw Camelon or Penicuik in the Scottish next season ;)

4 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

the application was in before the criteria changed. We had a plan to have them in be end of next season. Really not impressed and disappointed  more than I can say. 

The consolation is there that you are still in the Scottish next season.

I just don't understand why the SFA wont give 12 months derogation -particularly to clubs with plans underway to meet the criteria for the next review -  although as pointed out it can be appealed, heard by an independent panel I believe.

3 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Yes it was

3 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

the application was in before the criteria changed. We had a plan to have them in be end of next season. Really not impressed and disappointed  more than I can say. 

That’s really poor. I dare say legally challengeable as well.

the timing leads me to suspect that the sfa were waiting to see the outcome of the play off before making their next move. If Bonnyrigg get their licence, I suspect they wouldn’t have if Saturdays result had gone the other way.

but, we’ll never know now.

Don't think legal action will work because I think they have it in the licensing regulations that the licensing board can add on any extra requirements to any application that they see fit at their discretion. They used to anyway. Been a while since I last checked. Bit of a downer that this happened, but not in any way surprising that this would happen once the floodlights requirement was introduced as that was clearly all about keep a lid on the number of new Scottish Cup entrants.