Club Licencing

The current Licence situation is a disgrace, and for the CEO and VP of the SFA to come to a meeting with no answers in that regard is shocking and very disrespectful to the clubs who continue to wait.

Agree totally.

However this also sums up totally my whole concern about the Pyramid/licensing.

Until you have a fully joined up and working solution top to bottom - then much of this remains a vision rather than a reality.

Suggestion is Linlithgow may gain most from all the uncertainties. That for me is wrong that football ability is not the main driver.

48 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The current Licence situation is a disgrace, and for the CEO and VP of the SFA to come to a meeting with no answers in that regard is shocking and very disrespectful to the clubs who continue to wait.

What it stinks of though is both arrogance and ignorance. Arrogance that their mere presence would be enough to settle the dissatisfaction amongst the East clubs and ignorance of the substantive issues that need to be solved. I know some folks have suggested that the EoS needs to put forward their own solutions but this needs leadership at the top, rather than a piecemeal approach from below.  Or at least leadership on the underlying principles of the pyramid and the importance (or otherwise) of the geography, licencing, consistency of administration and so on.

Let's face it that leadership, whether it be SFA or SJFA, is simply not there. Not interested.

6 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

What it stinks of though is both arrogance and ignorance. Arrogance that their mere presence would be enough to settle the dissatisfaction amongst the East clubs and ignorance of the substantive issues that need to be solved. I know some folks have suggested that the EoS needs to put forward their own solutions but this needs leadership at the top, rather than a piecemeal approach from below.  Or at least leadership on the underlying principles of the pyramid and the importance (or otherwise) of the geography, licencing, consistency of administration and so on.

Let's face it that leadership, whether it be SFA or SJFA, is simply not there. Not interested.

Wee burnie for president, another belter won’t make any difference lol

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

Still expect miraculously that whoever wins the EOS championship will get their license 1st.

Anyone prepared to bet against that ?

15 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

And people scoffed when I suggested a David Brailsford type person as CEO of the SFA.

59 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Still expect miraculously that whoever wins the EOS championship will get their license 1st.

Anyone prepared to bet against that ?

What's your point?  we don't currently know what the situation is with Licences, there are more questions that answers.  Clubs have entered the process in good faith and being let down by the SFA, nothing to be happy about.

3 minutes ago, superbigal said:

My point is I expect the extremely busy SFA to accommodate the 1 license that will need ratified asap to allow promotion. They will not give 2 hoots about the others awaiting Scottish cup entry/windfall.

Anything can happen, but it looks like they were left in absolutely no doubt that clubs aren't happy.

Maxwell was silent throughout, as CEO I hope he was listening and will now progress  this asap, if he is any worth as a CEO he needs to.

20 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Anything can happen, but it looks like they were left in absolutely no doubt that clubs aren't happy.

Maxwell was silent throughout, as CEO I hope he was listening and will now progress  this asap, if he is any worth as a CEO he needs to.

What an amateur way to run a business.  In real life important meetings get cancelled or rescheduled all the time.  In half decent organisations they would have a contingency plan i.e. make the decision offline and ensure the key people have approved it.

in the licencing cases scenario the teams who do not need derogation should simply have been rubber stamped offline by the key members of the board, with the caveat if anyone had an objection to any of these teams audits then a discussion could be had at the next formal meeting along with the derogation clubs. Not rocket science 

7 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:

Bonnyrigg to get awarded a licence/membership  if they win the play offs despite not currently meeting all Licencing requirements .

6  clubs who have no variance and paid the fee which has been cashed told NO...   Morally wrong but legally how would it stand up?

They will just tell them no decision has been made and stall it.  No legal action can then be taken

31 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Unfortunately it seems it was the same points, repeatedly made earlier, being made a bit louder. Their ears appear to be painted on though.

1 hour ago, superbigal said:

My point is I expect the extremely busy SFA to accommodate the 1 license that will need ratified asap to allow promotion. They will not give 2 hoots about the others awaiting Scottish cup entry/windfall.

If they can fit in one they've no excuse for the rest. 

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

Nothing personal and what you say has the ring of truth, we just don't have reasons to accept it. It is the internet after all. Do any of the regular posters here know you in real life? Which club are you involved with? 

No, the guy above and one other. But no offence (genuinely) and nothing personal, crazier things have happened on the internet than someone setting up sock puppets. The information rings true, I'd just like to be confident about the source.

I think it’s been backed up by reports by other posters who actually attended the meeting?

i don’t personally know anyone on here, but given most don’t use their real names, I couldn’t say for sure.

Not involved with any particular club, just a keen watcher.

Anyway I’m away down to the P&B shop to buy a couple of thousand posts. :)

On 12/04/2019 at 13:47, gogsy said:

Well unlike you I've actually spent time trawling through Linlithgow Gazettes and other local newspapers from the period 1890-1900 checking out various pieces of information on the teams from the area and football competitions from the period.(County buildings in the High Street had/have an excellent newspaper archive ) I will admit that that would have been eight-nine years ago though.

I read this the other day and it got me interested so I took so time out last night to have a look at the Linlithgow Gazettes.

Although I didnt have the time  to do a proper issue by issue research the 1st mention I found was in the 15/5/1897 edition re a game between Our Boys (Linlithgow) v The Rose (Linlithgow). There was also in the 23/10/1897  edition  a Linlithgow Rose Match report of a game at Captain's Park.

I wondered if somewhere along the line if the Rose's history has been linked with the earlier clubs which played at Captain's Park. Linlithgow Athletic played there from the late 1880s to the end of season 1895/96 when it appears that either they went defunct or merged with Linlithgow Rovers. At the start of 1896/97 a new club was playing at Captain's Park called Linlithgow Athletic Rovers and in Nov 1896 they held a benefit concert to raise funds help with club funds including the £14 rent for Captain's Park when they had taken over the field "which formerly belonged to the Athletic Football club". However, after this it appears that Linlithgow Athletic Rovers shortly afterwards disappears and Rose then are playing at Captain's Park.

So my questions would be;

1) is there a continuation of the team from Linlithgow Athletic to linlithgow Athletic Rovers to Linlithgow Rose or even just between the last two teams ? Would need to do proper research into teamlines, officials and any other pertanent documentation and newspaper articles. If so there would be an argument for Rose having and older formation date

2) If there is no link between these clubs where has the formation club of Rose come from ? One place I would start would be to trace back the oldest references to when 1889 date was 1st used to narrow down the period to find the source document(s) for the formation date

For me, when I research club birth stories, if possible, I like to see the evidence myself. From long experience genuine  mistakes come down through history and the memories of those that were there at the start are not always the best when asked about what happened 50 years ago etc

If I get the time I may look into this further to see what I can come up with. Cross-checking it with other newspapers. Although Rose make have existed before 1897 not being able to find 1 earlier mention is a major issue and even the smallest teams in Victorian football got mentions in their local papers. However, I don't jump to conclusions and just gather all the evidence before making a reasoned judgement that can be back up. 

Would be interest if any kne has got more information of the birth years of the Rose beyond what is on their website.

11 hours ago, The Informer said:

I think it’s been backed up by reports by other posters who actually attended the meeting?

i don’t personally know anyone on here, but given most don’t use their real names, I couldn’t say for sure.

Not involved with any particular club, just a keen watcher.

Anyway I’m away down to the P&B shop to buy a couple of thousand posts. :)

All cool. Well, not buying posts but you know what I mean...

Can you say what your source was?