Club Licencing

30 minutes ago, The Informer said:

1st of June is too late, the deadline for LL applications is middle of May? Teams and leagues need to know before that.

Yes.  I agree that the deadline for the SFA Board meeting, must predate the Lowland League's deadline.

If not, the Lowland League will have to consider its position about the EoS champion club, and the other clubs which have applied to fill the Selkirk vacancy, currently held in abeyance because of the SFA Board's ongoing delays in ratifying the Licensing Committee's recommendations. 

Good Morning Good People of the EoS,

I’ve been thinking about this whole pyramid malarkey and have a mad idea here……

If Maxwell, Petrie and the SFA are going to hold the EoS to ransom over licences, why don’t we turn the tables and say OK…..we’ll run with the East and West Juniors in at tier six next season provided you definitely issue all 17 applicants with licences and set a three year period of degradation for floodlights ASAP.  Throw in two promotion spots to the Lowland League and you have a deal. 

Now I hear you all crying ‘that’s not fair giving p*shy wee, ignorant, backward looking outfits like Fauldhouse, Whitburn, Bathgate and Pumpherston a better chance of qualifying for the play-offs’ but my old granny would say life ain’t fair (and licenses are more important!!!)!  Anyway, there’s no danger any of those West Lothian Juniors would beat the likes of Bonnyrig, Lithgae, Musselburgh, Penicuik, Bo’ness or Tranent in a play-off.  Also, next spring’s play-off would involve West Junior winners, EoS winners, South of Scotland winners and Lochee United as East Junior winners (if licensed) – thus negating that daft North/South split.  Nobody could complain about a four-way play-off (if licensed) between East, West, South and Tayside for two places in the Lowland League – could they????  After all, Jeanfield as a Perth and Tayside team has been a great addition the current EoS.       

Perhaps we’ve read Petrie and Maxwell wrongly and they’ll come up with a grand master plan at today’s meeting (or they’ve just not realised what’s going on) but those two give the impression they really don’t care and it will be Maxwell’s plan of tier six entry or status quo – i.e. no licenses for the 17.  Don’t forget, the vast majority of football followers in Scotland don’t give a damn about a successful pyramid structure, nurturing young talent, developing grass roots football or making the National team a success.  The main focus of the media and the TV watching pub-goers is to get the countries’ top few clubs into Europe and if that means buying foreign players and screwing the majority of smaller clubs then so be it.    

In order for my team, St Andrews United, to progress we have to obtain a basic licence and SFA membership and if that means doing a deal with Maxwell and the Juniors then needs must.  I would hope we’re not so dug into our positions that we can’t see the bigger, long-term picture.  I fear that the EoS reps could just annoy Maxwell and Petrie tonight and that will be the end of developing the pyramid for the near future. 

So General Tarkin Burnieman and your EoS storm troopers – do not fail us……  

2 hours ago, Robert James said:

Yes.  I agree that the deadline for the SFA Board meeting, must predate the Lowland League's deadline.

If not, the Lowland League will have to consider its position about the EoS champion club, and the other clubs which have applied to fill the Selkirk vacancy, currently held in abeyance because of the SFA Board's ongoing delays in ratifying the Licensing Committee's recommendations. 

They'll need to discuss Cumbernauld Colts as well surely  ?

Good Morning Good People of the EoS,
I’ve been thinking about this whole pyramid malarkey and have a mad idea here……
If Maxwell, Petrie and the SFA are going to hold the EoS to ransom over licences, why don’t we turn the tables and say OK…..we’ll run with the East and West Juniors in at tier six next season provided you definitely issue all 17 applicants with licences and set a three year period of degradation for floodlights ASAP.  Throw in two promotion spots to the Lowland League and you have a deal. 
Now I hear you all crying ‘that’s not fair giving p*shy wee, ignorant, backward looking outfits like Fauldhouse, Whitburn, Bathgate and Pumpherston a better chance of qualifying for the play-offs’ but my old granny would say life ain’t fair (and licenses are more important!!!)!  Anyway, there’s no danger any of those West Lothian Juniors would beat the likes of Bonnyrig, Lithgae, Musselburgh, Penicuik, Bo’ness or Tranent in a play-off.  Also, next spring’s play-off would involve West Junior winners, EoS winners, South of Scotland winners and Lochee United as East Junior winners (if licensed) – thus negating that daft North/South split.  Nobody could complain about a four-way play-off (if licensed) between East, West, South and Tayside for two places in the Lowland League – could they????  After all, Jeanfield as a Perth and Tayside team has been a great addition the current EoS.       
Perhaps we’ve read Petrie and Maxwell wrongly and they’ll come up with a grand master plan at today’s meeting (or they’ve just not realised what’s going on) but those two give the impression they really don’t care and it will be Maxwell’s plan of tier six entry or status quo – i.e. no licenses for the 17.  Don’t forget, the vast majority of football followers in Scotland don’t give a damn about a successful pyramid structure, nurturing young talent, developing grass roots football or making the National team a success.  The main focus of the media and the TV watching pub-goers is to get the countries’ top few clubs into Europe and if that means buying foreign players and screwing the majority of smaller clubs then so be it.    
In order for my team, St Andrews United, to progress we have to obtain a basic licence and SFA membership and if that means doing a deal with Maxwell and the Juniors then needs must.  I would hope we’re not so dug into our positions that we can’t see the bigger, long-term picture.  I fear that the EoS reps could just annoy Maxwell and Petrie tonight and that will be the end of developing the pyramid for the near future. 
So General Tarkin Burnieman and your EoS storm troopers – do not fail us……  
As I said, I dont think the SFA are going to use licences as leverage, they simply arent going to try and blackmail clubs, it would be the end of them and they dont care enough.

We'll find out soon enough.

This talk of Tayside teams being in the EoS has to stop,it's north they go,into what hopefully will be a pyramid system below the SHFL.

The new AWPR negates all this absolute nonsense about travel etc!!

The current pyramid system is unbalanced enough between north and south without putting Tayside teams south.

Montrose Roselea already play in the north junior's,why of why are some on here advocating copying the East Region junior model?

Why pander to those that showed no interest in the beginning and still talk down anything to do with the pyramid?

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:

They'll need to discuss Cumbernauld Colts as well surely  ?

not if there is nothing to discuss. It only seems to come from Clyde about them their has been nothing else to suggest otherwise. As I said on another post Clyde had something similar where they were going to be kicked out of broadwood

7 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

not if there is nothing to discuss. It only seems to come from Clyde about them their has been nothing else to suggest otherwise. As I said on another post Clyde had something similar where they were going to be kicked out of broadwood

Aye and did I read somewhere they'd paid for the pitch to be relaid. Note to self I shouldn't get taken in by some of the junk posted on threads. :oops

This talk of Tayside teams being in the EoS has to stop,it's north they go,into what hopefully will be a pyramid system below the SHFL.
The new AWPR negates all this absolute nonsense about travel etc!!
The current pyramid system is unbalanced enough between north and south without putting Tayside teams south.
Montrose Roselea already play in the north junior's,why of why are some on here advocating copying the East Region junior model?
Why pander to those that showed no interest in the beginning and still talk down anything to do with the pyramid?

Surely it doesn’t matter where the line is drawn?

The boundary could easily be drawn along the top of Angus and Perth & Kinross.

The north could then have highland league at tier 5 and a west/east split at tier 6. This could essentially be Aberdeenshire & Moray as East (ie mostly current north juniors) and highland region as west (current NCL).

I would also reduce the highland league to 16 in line with the lowland league. On this seasons form that would relegate fort William into the west feeder and Lossiemouth into the east feeder.

Surely having tayside in the lowland league side isn’t that big a problem.

17 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

Surely it doesn’t matter where the line is drawn?

The boundary could easily be drawn along the top of Angus and Perth & Kinross.

The north could then have highland league at tier 5 and a west/east split at tier 6. This could essentially be Aberdeenshire & Moray as East (ie mostly current north juniors) and highland region as west (current NCL).

I would also reduce the highland league to 16 in line with the lowland league. On this seasons form that would relegate fort William into the west feeder and Lossiemouth into the east feeder.

Surely having tayside in the lowland league side isn’t that big a problem.

If the North Juniors ever join the pyramid, the North Caley League would do likewise. Fort William and Lossiemouth would join the NCL if relegated, and not the NRJFA.

North Tayside is THE problem. Would SPFL clubs  support the HFL/SLFL pyramid boundary being moved ? Unlikely. Therefore,  north Tayside clubs should follow the example (and success) of Montrose Roselea, if they want to join the pyramid. If not, then stay junior outside the pyramid.

26 minutes ago, Robert James said:

If the North Juniors ever join the pyramid, the North Caley League would do likewise. Fort William and Lossiemouth would join the NCL if relegated, and not the NRJFA.

North Tayside is THE problem. Would SPFL clubs  support the HFL/SLFL pyramid boundary being moved ? Unlikely. Therefore,  north Tayside clubs should follow the example (and success) of Montrose Roselea, if they want to join the pyramid. If not, then stay junior outside the pyramid.

Why would Lossie join the NCL? Moray clubs play in the NRJFA: Burghead Thistle, New Elgin, Buckie Rovers et al.

Why would Lossie join the NCL? Moray clubs play in the NRJFA: Burghead Thistle, New Elgin, Buckie Rovers et al.
Fort William, Wick & Brora would be the only clubs that'd be NCL. Inverness clubs ie Clach could go either NRJFA or NCL as Inverness clubs have played both NCL & NRJFA.

4 hours ago, Robert James said:

...Would SPFL clubs  support the HFL/SLFL pyramid boundary being moved ? Unlikely...

Never been clear to me why that's unlikely and who has a vested stake in that being the boundary.  We'll see if it gets addressed at the next SFA AGM, basically.