Club Licencing

10 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Hope the Rod Petrie "warning" at the pwg was not relevant to the current applicants. Just seems an odd time to have brought it to the table.

Reading back what I was told the spfl actually want to close the door. That reads worse than floodlights and covers etc. Someone surely can get John Greenhorns take on what was said ?

The SPFL don't have to touch licensing to close the door. I don't think they'd be able to unpick the SPFL play-off but they can just change their rules so that you need 1,000 seats which would severely limit the number of clubs that can come up.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

9 minutes ago, gogsy said:

That would be as crazy as the top league having a 10,000 seated stadium policy.

But would be driven by the same self-preservation instinct. We'll see what happens on licensing. Think the fear was more over 160 present and recent junior clubs all getting licensed at once rather than having a few promotion challengers trying to get into the LL doing it given the floodlight thing will throttle the potential numbers back considerably. Time will tell basically.

15 minutes ago, gogsy said:

That would be as crazy as the top league having a 10,000 seated stadium policy:). SPFL division 2 doesn't even have any teams averaging above 650 for league games.  Weird thing is the only attendance I can see over 1000 for a league game in this seasons SPFL league 2 seems to have been at a Lowland league ground.

Queen's Park had the highest league crowd v Clyde at Hampden.

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Albion Rovers, Annan and Elgin don't have anywhere near1000 seats either.

The 1,000 seats is just a suggestion to severely limit the number of licensing applications. Which is the rumour that the SPFL want to do.

They could make it something like Bronze level of license is required for SPFL entry. I think Bronze becomes the requirement for SPFL Championship and Premiership so they could just say they're rolling it out across all the leagues..  Right now there are 3 SPFL clubs that fall foul of that: East Fife, Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City. There are no clubs outwith the SPFL with a Bronze level of licensing.

42 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Right now there are 3 SPFL clubs that fall foul of that: East Fife, Albion Rovers and Edinburgh City. There are no clubs outwith the SPFL with a Bronze level of licensing.

Only Albion Rovers are entry level with regards to their ground, the other two fall foul due to their first team. Nairn are the only club with a bronze ground (apart from Spartans and Cumbernauld Colts). https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/4898/club-licensing-current-update-2019.pdf

Edited by Ginaro

I'm hearing that the SFA have further delayed making licence decisions and Maxwell and Petrie will both attend Thursdays EoS meeting.

This is going to get very messy indeed.
It's that "official" Burnie? Have clubs been given feedback today?

Just now, gaz5 said:
36 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
I'm hearing that the SFA have further delayed making licence decisions and Maxwell and Petrie will both attend Thursdays EoS meeting.

This is going to get very messy indeed.

It's that "official" Burnie? Have clubs been given feedback today?

Yes