Club Licencing

45 minutes ago, gogsy said:

No chance of any news today, they will be onto a liquid lunch after making the decision to get rid of McLeish.

aye 1 step at a time for these old guys

"work done for today guys anyone for the pub and we can defer aocb until say October....."

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Floodlights was the obvious first step on that. Several hundred covered seats will probably be next, if they want to be able whittle down the numbers that can ever hope to do it and get rid of a few that are already in.

The floodlight criteria already gets rid of teams in the LL with 100 or fewer seats though, namely CSS and VoL (plus Edinburgh Uni, Burntisland and Coldstream). Seats take care of LTHV to leave only three EOS licensed clubs - not enough to fill the LL gap. The HL also has five teams between 100 and 200 seats.

I just hope the thousands many will have spent is looked on as a good investment anyway if the SFA scuppers actual licenses. Spending money on improving facilities for everyone should always be priority over chasing dreams or inflated wage demands.

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

A bit worrying that nothing has been announced yet, although teams will have to be notified first if licences have or haven't been awarded.

Depends on how they get notified I suppose. For all I know they have to wait for something in the post, rather than a phone call or email.

A bit worrying that nothing has been announced yet, although teams will have to be notified first if licences have or haven't been awarded.

The news tends not to go public very quick unless clubs announce themselves. Remember lots of are they/aren't they questions being asked of LTHV last year, with the first real confirmation being their inclusion in the Scottish cup draw

The news tends not to go public very quick unless clubs announce themselves. Remember lots of are they/aren't they questions being asked of LTHV last year, with the first real confirmation being their inclusion in the Scottish cup draw
While I understand what you mean in a world driven by logic and common sense, I don't think clubs deciding not to go public yet is the issue, more that they have nothing to go public with....

While I understand what you mean in a world driven by logic and common sense, I don't think clubs deciding not to go public yet is the issue, more that they have nothing to go public with....

It's a slow process, why I've no idea, but the lack of urgency isn't anything new this year, just IMO more known due to the number of clubs(rightly) frustrated

32 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

You'd think that given we're heading into a long weekend, the SFA would have made an effort to notify clubs asap.  They haven't, it's pretty scandalous really but perhaps we shouldn't be surprised.

I'm just giving them the slightest benefits of the doubt that between 12.00-17.00 when the Board's actually let the responsible people know the decision, there hasn't been enough time left for those people to contact all 12 clubs plus the additional clubs waiting to hear they can start the licensing process. So they've left it until they can contact all parties on the same day.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I'm just giving them the slightest benefits of the doubt that between 12.00-17.00 when the Board's actually let the responsible people know the decision, there hasn't been enough time left for those people to contact all 12 clubs plus the additional clubs waiting to hear they can start the licensing process. So they've left it until they can contact all parties on the same day.

You're being far too kind, it doesn't take much for the SFA to email people.

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Who says they're emailing the responses though?

As I said, under the circumstances and given we are now in public holiday territory, you'd think a little extra effort would be made to get word out to clubs. There has been no effort.

3 minutes ago, Kemlin Dan said:

SFA board will notify the Licensing board who will return the verdict direct to Clubs, quoted time frame is within 2 days of SFA board meeting.

So let's see if we receive word by Saturday...........

Hope the Rod Petrie "warning" at the pwg was not relevant to the current applicants. Just seems an odd time to have brought it to the table.

Reading back what I was told the spfl actually want to close the door. That reads worse than floodlights and covers etc. Someone surely can get John Greenhorns take on what was said ?