Club Licencing

To be fair my own research a number of years ago (not relating to Linlithgow specifically) failed to find any trace of Linlithgow Rose until 1899, I reckon there has been a typo somewhere along the way which resulted in 1889 being claimed. There’s also an argument for the date actually being 1949 when they were finally resurrected after WWII, a gap of 10/11 years. Can they be considered the same club after such a long gap, new ground, new personnel etc??  Thorny subject for sure.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

To be fair my own research a number of years ago (not relating to Linlithgow specifically) failed to find any trace of Linlithgow Rose until 1899, I reckon there has been a typo somewhere along the way which resulted in 1889 being claimed. There’s also an argument for the date actually being 1949 when they were finally resurrected after WWII, a gap of 10/11 years. Can they be considered the same club after such a long gap, new ground, new personnel etc??  Thorny subject for sure.

There really isn't an argument for 1949 and I think you know that. I think that saying a club ceased to exist because they sat out a world war and then found their pitch unusable and a new ground required are entitled to a bit of slack whilst they get themselves to a position to fund it. They had the same articles of association. A lot of clubs stopped operating during the first world war - I doubt any realised they'd need to fit an arbitrary timeline for getting going and cracking on which was implemented 100 years later but didn't apply at the time. If they were a different club, I'm sure we'd all have been told by the SJFA between 1949 and 12th April this year. :)

Didn't really need a licence back then either! 

Show me any evidence that has a Linlithgow Rose team playing before 1898, (and ffs don't say because club website says so). [emoji38]
I'm hardly going to rely on you - the village idiot as a source of clarity.

Since no one still around from that era to prove otherwise - I am content with the date provided.

At least our history is achieved by blood, sweat and tears and not through a blank cheque.

37 minutes ago, HTG said:

There really isn't an argument for 1949 and I think you know that. I think that saying a club ceased to exist because they sat out a world war and then found their pitch unusable and a new ground required are entitled to a bit of slack whilst they get themselves to a position to fund it. They had the same articles of association. A lot of clubs stopped operating during the first world war - I doubt any realised they'd need to fit an arbitrary timeline for getting going and cracking on which was implemented 100 years later but didn't apply at the time. If they were a different club, I'm sure we'd all have been told by the SJFA between 1949 and 12th April this year. :)

Didn't really need a licence back then either! 

I heard you bashing the keyboard from here :whistle

Anyway, well off-topic!

28 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:
52 minutes ago, Red Rose said:
Anyone got any updates on the Big Rose’s licence?

Yes - it's in place and has been for a few years as well.

Couldn’t even make the playoffs in a diddy league. 

8 hours ago, cookieboy said:

No chance you’ve no got lights 

6 hours ago, leftbehind said:

Tinpot or not   they have them in place   and yours are not even on the horizon yet .   sour grapes maybe to your neighbour.

Wouldn't go that far. They do have them and are doing various fundraisers to get them installed. Wi their large fan base,sponsors and the community pulling together it's only a matter of time,credit where credits due here. 

Edited by newcastle broon

32 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Wouldn't go that far. They do have them and are doing various fundraisers to get them installed. Wi their large fan base,sponsors and the community pulling together it's only a matter of time,credit where credits due here. 

No criticism intended only stating the facts if the SFA stick to their over the top criteria they have not met it, but then you remember the goalposts have already been moved with their application so watch this space maybe happen again 

44 minutes ago, cookieboy said:

No criticism intended only stating the facts if the SFA stick to their over the top criteria they have not met it, but then you remember the goalposts have already been moved with their application so watch this space maybe happen again 

Careful on the new clubs thread yesterday I got wrong for even suggesting they were changing the rules as they go along :whistle

15 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Maybes a grammar error. I posted that whoever is in charge keeps changing rules. They thought I was referring to ww relegation when there have been other issues :huh:

Could not agree with you more shambles springs to mind

5 hours ago, cookieboy said:

Do Penicuik have toilets inside the ground yet? Think that’s more important than floodlights!

On 12/04/2019 at 11:19, Burnie_man said:

Depends if it was the holding company that was liquidated and not the club