Club Licencing

1 hour ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Will be fun going to the three playoffs - well maybe not for the fans of the clubs involved. 

Will be brilliant. Bonnyrigg will be favourites but certainly wouldn’t be ruling out Broxburn or Penicuik either especially with so much as stale. 

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Will be brilliant. Bonnyrigg will be favourites but certainly wouldn’t be ruling out Broxburn or Penicuik either especially with so much as stale. 

Exactly, even better that Penicuik and Broxburn meet first - should be a very close game. Big crowd too. 

If this is all 'agreed' & sorted how come the LL advert for its vacancy on both the SFA & LL site mention the existing boundry of the Tay? To add the ERJFA in wholesale that boundry would need to be moved north & theres been nothing regarding moving it by the Professional Game Body (HL, LL & SPFL)

Advertising a vacancy in a pyramid is in itself embarrassing. Btw that is a direct pop at the LL and not anyone on here.

Progression by application form

Sorry not for me.

Next best placed club that meets the leagues requirements.

7 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Advertising a vacancy in a pyramid is in itself embarrassing. Btw that is a direct pop at the LL and not anyone on here.

Sorry not for me.

Next best placed club that meets the leagues requirements.

So the next best placed club would be who?

Sorry not for me.

It's not the easiest thing to administer tbf, ideally you go with 'highest placed club meeting league criteria'

However that does present a few issues,

1. More than 1 club can be in that position if say 4th placed in EoS and SoS were the highest placed clubs.

2. Clubs finishing lower down than a normal promotion position may feel they aren't ready to take promotion.

Ideally the applications will be considered on those merits. You can see why the process is in place, but it does leave the option that a 'fashionable club' will be promoted ahead of a more suited club.

Wonder if there's a potential appeals process here?

The LL application form asks for details of on pitch performance in league and cup football over the last 3 years, it also asks if you have floodlights (which perhaps has been overtaken by Licence developments), it also requires a 5 year plan;

Club Development

Please submit your five-year plan for development of the club or other documentation, agreed by your club’s committee or board, indicating how your club will develop.

Specifically, please provide information on:

·        Community engagement

·        Youth development

·        Supporter involvement in the club

·        Average attendance at home matches

30 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The LL application form asks for details of on pitch performance in league and cup football over the last 3 years, it also asks if you have floodlights (which perhaps has been overtaken by Licence developments), it also requires a 5 year plan;

Club Development

Please submit your five-year plan for development of the club or other documentation, agreed by your club’s committee or board, indicating how your club will develop.

Specifically, please provide information on:

·        Community engagement

·        Youth development

·        Supporter involvement in the club

·        Average attendance at home matches

Looking at all of that, I can't look past Linlithgow Rose. They get the highest attendances in the EOS, got floodlights, have had a license for quite some time, have been one of the biggest east Juniors in recent years and score high on all other points.

23 hours ago, gaz5 said:

As an aside, Given I've written/updated a lot of policy docs for our website the last few months, I'd say that's where to look for potential applicants. emoji846.png

When you see all the policies appearing on official sites, probably the first tell tale an application is pending. emoji846.png

What's your club Gaz?

Do Linlithgow have a youth tie-up?  I'd say both Penicuik and Broxburn stump Linlithgow on that area? 

I'd also suggest that if there's a requirement for youth development - there should be some consideration given to the number of players developed over the years who've went on to play with the team.  Too many teams playing without few, if any local players.

5 minutes ago, MDM said:

Do Linlithgow have a youth tie-up?  I'd say both Penicuik and Broxburn stump Linlithgow on that area? 

Whilst Camelon choose yesterday to announce a new tie up with an Under 17s club to become a feeder into the U20s.

16 minutes ago, MDM said:

I'd also suggest that if there's a requirement for youth development - there should be some consideration given to the number of players developed over the years who've went on to play with the team.  Too many teams playing without few, if any local players.

Linlithgow Rose have links with the community club of the same name - who if memory serves me right have Legacy Status.  Like most relationships they are always developing - with areas for improvement.

I think the difficulty you have as with any community clubs is the pathway is often broken by the bigger clubs, cherry picking the best players.  So quite often there can be a massive gap in the pathway from community club to the 1st team.

Linlithgow Rose already have 2 ex community club players in their ranks with Roddy and Ruairi Mclellan 

Decided to check Bonnyrigg's planning application, and I was in luck as they have submitted new lighting designs which seem to show that light overspill towards the houses is now within acceptable levels. Hopefully it satisfies the cooncil and the club can get them sorted over the summer. https://planning-applications.midlothian.gov.uk/OnlinePlanning/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PL5WIKKVGOL00

Edited by Ginaro

Linlithgow Rose have links with the community club of the same name - who if memory serves me right have Legacy Status.  Like most relationships they are always developing - with areas for improvement.
I think the difficulty you have as with any community clubs is the pathway is often broken by the bigger clubs, cherry picking the best players.  So quite often there can be a massive gap in the pathway from community club to the 1st team.
Linlithgow Rose already have 2 ex community club players in their ranks with Roddy and Ruairi Mclellan 

There's a big difference between the operations of a community club and that of a direct youth set up. Ideally clubs have both in place, but if you can only have 1 then in terms of player development and 1st team performances then a youth set up is preferred. Community clubs are more about integrating the club the local community.

Decided to check Bonnyrigg's planning application, and I was in luck as they have submitted new lighting designs which seem to show that light overspill towards the houses is now within acceptable levels. Hopefully it satisfies the cooncil and the club can get them sorted over the summer. https://planning-applications.midlothian.gov.uk/OnlinePlanning/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PL5WIKKVGOL00

Interesting note the average lux here's just about halfway between entry and bronze, leaves the club short of spfl requirements should the be aiming as high.