Club Licencing

1 hour ago, calmac25 said:

Bonnyrigg have planning permission in for 4 floodlights, should know by mid march if successful. Hopefully this is enough for a derogation

Good stuff, a planning application means you're closer to meeting the requirements than the 3 LL teams without lights - if they get their licence renewed I don't see why you shouldn't be awarded one.

https://planning-applications.midlothian.gov.uk/OnlinePlanning/caseDetails.do?caseType=Application&keyVal=PL5WIKKVGOL00

On 15/02/2019 at 20:54, calmac25 said:

Bonnyrigg have planning permission in for 4 floodlights, should know by mid march if successful. Hopefully this is enough for a derogation

Great news and fingers crossed it’s successful calmac. 

• 2 weeks later...

So it’s two weeks since the SFA Board meeting was cancelled and not a peep since.

International week begins on 18th March, and with Scotland playing in Kazakhstan on 21st March and San Marino on 24th, don’t expect Maxwell or McRae to be around that week.

Deadline for licences for LL is 31st March.

WTF are they doing?

7 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's been confirmed Cumnock are the first West Region club to go public with applying. 

There's a second club that announced their application back at the West Region's last big meeting.

It’s an interesting one, given the SJFA aren’t in the Pyramid as yet.

Last PWG was 9th January where little progress was made and TJ wants Maxwell to raise this with the Board.

Subsequently we have two West Region clubs submitting their £2k cheques and application letter, which will be to the CEO (Maxwell) and will be discussed at the next SFA Board meeting (if accepted, the Board pass the details to the Licence department to kick-off the process).

Join the dots.

33 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:
40 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It’s an interesting one, given the SJFA aren’t in the Pyramid as yet.

Kelty presumably paid their £2k whilst still in the SJFA, and the last step of the process was to sign a declaration that they'd join the EOS. I wouldn't have thought Cumnock would be ready for the June board meeting to compete in next season's Scottish Cup, so they have a bit of time to play with before the pyramid committent comes into play.

Interesting parallels to the east in that it's a team lower down in the West Premiership that announces they are going for a licence first (plus similar to the east you have a top team in Auchinleck also presumably going for one when they add lights).

Suppose if the Juniors still weren't in the pyramid come 2020 Cumnock and Auchinleck could join the SOS to keep the derby and get a licence!

Edited by Ginaro

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Kelty presumably paid their £2k whilst still in the SJFA, and the last step of the process was to sign a declaration that they'd join the EOS. I wouldn't have thought Cumnock would be ready for the June board meeting to compete in next season's Scottish Cup, so they have a bit of time to play with before the pyramid committent comes into play.

Interesting parallels to the east in that it's a team lower down in the West Premiership that announces they are going for a licence first (plus similar to the east you have Auchinleck also presumably going for one when they add lights).

Suppose if the Juniors still weren't in the pyramid come 2020 Cumnock and Auchinleck could join the SOS to keep the derby and get a licence!

Aye we paid our £2k whilst still an SJFA member, but we also had to sign the declaration that we would be joining the EoS from the following season.

The cynic in me thinks this is a way for the SJFA to ensure the subject of Juniors in the Pyramid next season is discussed at the next SFA Board meeting, given his comments from the minutes of the PWG meeting from January. I wonder if they will have another embargo.....

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

I'm hearing still no date set for SFA Board meeting...........just over 3 weeks to LL deadline.

In the past I have used the Contact Us type links on the EoS & LL websites to seek confirmation on the likes of the HL/LL boundary, LL relegation just after Selkirk were removed from the LL and the championship round robin format for the EoS.

The LL dealing with 2 queries got back next day, EoS after 3-4 days.

I sent a request on Tuesday asking the SFA when the next one would be and have yet to receive a response. So still within the EoS timescale and not given up hope on it. Thought it worth a shot since the LL and EoS have been so good in the past. 

In the past I have used the Contact Us type links on the EoS & LL websites to seek confirmation on the likes of the HL/LL boundary, LL relegation just after Selkirk were removed from the LL and the championship round robin format for the EoS.
The LL dealing with 2 queries got back next day, EoS after 3-4 days.
I sent a request on Tuesday asking the SFA when the next one would be and have yet to receive a response. So still within the EoS timescale and not given up hope on it. Thought it worth a shot since the LL and EoS have been so good in the past. 

Try sending one to Maxwell then maybe TJ will leak the answer.