Club Licencing

13 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

But doesn’t make it mandatory so it’s just the same as the SJFA

Didn't say it did, but it takes into account the entire point being made. The SJFA should of made the likes of cover mandatory at Super League level as a means to raise standards. The EoS have used licensing to raise standards and have found ways to support its membership to achieve it.

7 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Imagine going to a league where cover wasn't mandatory instead of staying in a league where they had to go to Broughty, Forfar West End and that relatively new ground atCarnoustie.

It was pipedreamer on here that was slagging the Juniors for not making cover  mandatory  yet it’s not mandatory in the EoSL.

Do keep up!

50 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Pipedreamer was referring to superleague clubs, I have named three East region Superleague clubs that Kelty would have played if they had remained junior for 2017/18 season. None of these three clubs playing at the top level of junior football have cover. The fact that Carnoustie moved to a new ground and didn't include any cover and still haven't any cover after years is pretty damning.

Do keep up

And Carnousties ground would be fine in the EoSL! 

So what's your point in all the different threads Kilbowie? What is the opinion you are trying to share and what overall narrative are you working from? 

You appear particularly downtrodden towards the eosfl, an association I can only assume your club has never worked with, yet appear very much behind the sjfa.... Unless I am misreading, if so then I apologise in advance. 

What might be better for us all, is to use the information a gentleman from Kelty hearts provided, summing up the benefits on offer through eosfl membership vs the benefits on offer for being junior. In short the information most clubs will have used to reach a reasoned and balanced decision last year. Some even use some of it here, when speaking about the support from the eosfl towards licensing, which appears the endgame for the clubs who moved. 

Although please don't let informative and reasoned debate stand in the way of cheap point scoring..... Which has thus went along the lines of: I told you so, this is a fact because I said so, my clubs history is longer than yours and my crowd is bigger than yours.....or in this case my shelter is bigger than your shelter. 

The move to the eosfl has been a great experience, a full fixture card, night games, support with everything including licence/defibrillators etc, a season that actually finishes in time for player to rest and recuperate, a collaborative board who want opinions and views. All in all, in my opinion, it has been a great move for my club, for many aspects, including those above. If we had stayed the most we would have had was 3 match balls......

2 minutes ago, G4Mac said:

You appear particularly downtrodden towards the eosfl, an association I can only assume your club has never worked with, yet appear very much behind the sjfa.... Unless I am misreading, if so then I apologise in advance.

Well do bear in mind his club will become members of the EoSFL next season as things stand, and delegates have been at EoS meetings.

9 hours ago, G4Mac said:

So what's your point in all the different threads Kilbowie? What is the opinion you are trying to share and what overall narrative are you working from? 

What might be better for us all, is to use the information a gentleman from Kelty hearts provided, summing up the benefits on offer through eosfl membership vs the benefits on offer for being junior. In short the information most clubs will have used to reach a reasoned and balanced decision last year. Some even use some of it here, when speaking about the support from the eosfl towards licensing, which appears the endgame for the clubs who moved. 

Although please don't let informative and reasoned debate stand in the way of cheap point scoring..... Which has thus went along the lines of: I told you so, this is a fact because I said so, my clubs history is longer than yours and my crowd is bigger than yours.....or in this case my shelter is bigger than your shelter. 

The move to the eosfl has been a great experience, a full fixture card, night games, support with everything including licence/defibrillators etc, a season that actually finishes in time for player to rest and recuperate, a collaborative board who want opinions and views. All in all, in my opinion, it has been a great move for my club, for many aspects, including those above. If we had stayed the most we would have had was 3 match balls......

I’m not EoSL bashing at all just trying to balance the over the top lavishing of praise and slagging of all things SJFA. Once again an untruth slips in,there wasn’t a full fixture list for the season.I should add that in the West the new fixtures guy had been a revelation and fixtures were out until Xmas and shortly after we got the rest of the seasons.

The season will finish at the same time as the EoSL next season and all the rules will be the same.

Things are changing at Junior level,you don’t want to see it because you’ve left!

Has there been a new date set for the SFA Board meeting or did it indeed go ahead on Monday? If it did go ahead on Monday then bringing forward a meeting that, at least in part, was set to deal with the outcome(s) of a related meeting not scheduled until the Tuesday seems - at best - a rather odd decision.

If the meeting didn’t take place on Monday then surely it will be rescheduled to later in the month as decisions that impact on clubs need to be taken in good time?

If there is no rescheduling then when, in fact, is the next meeting? Can decisions be made ex-committee? If I understand correctly, the Licensing Committee don’t meet again until around June but do the SFA Board meet monthly as it’s this meeting that needs to make rubber stamping (in the case of clubs with floodlights) and derogation (in the case of those without) decisions?

I guess I’ve asked a few questions that no one immediately has the answer to but surely they are all pertinent to those clubs going through the licensing/membership process who would like to understand what happens next and when?

1 hour ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

I’m not EoSL bashing at all just trying to balance the over the top lavishing of praise and slagging of all things SJFA. Once again an untruth slips in,there wasn’t a full fixture list for the season.I should add that in the West the new fixtures guy had been a revelation and fixtures were out until Xmas and shortly after we got the rest of the seasons.

The season will finish at the same time as the EoSL next season and all the rules will be the same.

Things are changing at Junior level,you don’t want to see it because you’ve left!

Having had to plan for a full season of games, I can assure you we had a full fixture list for the season. What you are potentially referring to is that the second half of the seasons actual named opponents were blank until november/december.....which is convenient to throw in and suggest its a non truth. The club knew when they were playing, and importantly, and in more than enough time, who and where they were playing to organise club events around..... Nice try though. 

Thankfully for the juniors in the West the fixtures guy has been replaced, not before time. Although I sincerely hope they do finish at the same time next year, again.... About time. 

I can see the changes fine from where I am, what i cant do is base my opinion on anything other than my experiences.... this seasons experience against 10 at junior level..... As I haven't been junior this year I can't say if its better or not, although I can say that the eosfl is 100% better than those 10 years at junior level. 

It only took a mass exodus in the east for the juniors to change, what u do wonders if it hadn't happened those steering the bus would've kept the status quo because they could...... Again, here is hoping for next year and beyond. Enjoy the match balls though (sorry couldn't help myself) 

Edited by Guest