Club Licencing

Just to keep this discussion separate from any other thread as I’m sure this is going to be a hot topic in the coming days and weeks. EoS clubs who are currently going through the licence process – although not all will assessed at todays Licence Committee meeting – are;

Blackburn Utd (F)

Bonnyrigg Rose

Broxburn Ath (F)

Camelon

Dalkeith Thistle (F)

Dundonald Bluebell

Easthouses Lily (F)

Edinburgh Utd

Haddington Ath

Hill of Beath (F)

Jeanfield Swifts

Musselburgh Ath

Newtongrange Star (F)

Penicuik Ath (F)

St.Andrews Utd

Tranent

Tynecastle (F)

After todays LC meeting, if approved, the next step will be for the SFA Board to ratify SFA membership (on Thursday). Once that is done, the application goes back to the LC to issue the Licence. Last I heard, the LC are not making a decision on derogation for floodlights, they are saying the SFA Board need to do this.

I believe the next LC meeting is 5th June, which presumably is the last chance for clubs to be licenced in time for next seasons Scottish Cup.

Edited by Burnie_man

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Just to keep this discussion separate from any other thread as I’m sure this is going to be a hot topic in the coming days and weeks. EoS clubs who are currently going through the licence process – although not all will assessed at todays Licence Committee meeting – are;

Blackburn Utd (F)

Bonnyrigg Rose

Broxburn Ath (F)

Camelon

Dalkeith Thistle (F)

Dunipace (F)

Easthouses Lily (F)

Edinburgh Utd

Haddington Ath

Hill of Beath (F)

Jeanfield Swifts

Musselburgh Ath

Newtongrange Star (F)

Penicuik Ath (F)

St.Andrews Utd

Tranent

Tynecastle (F)

After todays LC meeting, if approved, the next step will be for the SFA Board to ratify SFA membership (on Thursday). Once that is done, the application goes back to the LC to issue the Licence. Last I heard, the LC are not making a decision on derogation for floodlights, they are saying the SFA Board need to do this.

I believe the next LC meeting is 5th June, which presumably is the last chance for clubs to be licenced in time for next seasons Scottish Cup.

Good to see Tynecastle on the list.

6 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Blackburn Utd (F)

Bonnyrigg Rose

Broxburn Ath (F)

Camelon

Dalkeith Thistle (F)

Dunipace (F)

Easthouses Lily (F)

Edinburgh Utd

Haddington Ath

Hill of Beath (F)

Jeanfield Swifts

Musselburgh Ath

Newtongrange Star (F)

Penicuik Ath (F)

St.Andrews Utd

Tranent

Tynecastle (F)

Which teams will be assessed today?

5 minutes ago, falkirktv said:

how does the "if approved" work, if you have no variances?

I'm guessing that if the Licence Admin Dept are happy that you tick all the boxes then it's a formality that the LC will "approve" the application, but I suppose the LC has the power to query it, who knows.

41 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Blackburn Utd (F)

Bonnyrigg Rose

Broxburn Ath (F)

Camelon

Dalkeith Thistle (F)

Dunipace (F)

Easthouses Lily (F)

Edinburgh Utd

Haddington Ath

Hill of Beath (F)

Jeanfield Swifts

Musselburgh Ath

Newtongrange Star (F)

Penicuik Ath (F)

St.Andrews Utd

Tranent

Tynecastle (F)

Canny believe you have missed the bluebell off the list.  

12 minutes ago, bluebell1 said:

Canny believe you have missed the bluebell off the list.  

So I have, no idea WTF happened there, in fact I think I may have included Dunipace by mistake instead of Dundonald. Need to check.

EDIT: list updated, apologies!

Edited by Burnie_man

4 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

So I have, no idea WTF happened there, in fact I think I may have included Dunipace by mistake instead of Dundonald. Need to check.

Do all these clubs have floodlights  ?

If no there's gonnae be a lot more teams playing regional fitba (present LL teams included) :unsure:

8 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Suprised Dunipace aren't one of the clubs listed. Then again like Sauchie they already have lights so aren't in a rush to beat the rule changes/get derrogation.

Best of luck to all those applying.

From what I've seen they, Dunipace,  are short of cover and disabled cover.

Sauchie is an odd one, why would they not go for the licence and Scottish Cup entry? - their ground is surely very close to licencing requirements as it stands. 

1 minute ago, Jason King said:

Sauchie is an odd one, why would they not go for the licence and Scottish Cup entry? - their ground is surely very close to licencing requirements as it stands. 

No idea as to individual club circumstances, but what could also be happening is that clubs not on the above list have been working away in the background to get things done, they have their application and £2k cheque in front of the SFA Board on Thursday which is approved and passed to the LC, and they then begin the formal process to get licenced in June, in time for the Scottish Cup.

Perhaps not everyone immediately chucked their £2k at the SFA once the embargo was lifted.

No decisions today for clubs who have passed  all requirements except floodlights. Licensing Committee have passed the derogation to SFA board to make decision on Thursday on the status of clubs who met the criteria at time of application in 2018 but now don’t purely based upon the new floodlight criteria.  

We will wait and see

1 hour ago, bluebell1 said:

No decisions today for clubs who have passed  all requirements except floodlights. Licensing Committee have passed the derogation to SFA board to make decision on Thursday on the status of clubs who met the criteria at time of application in 2018 but now don’t purely based upon the new floodlight criteria.  

We will wait and see

Passing the buck.

30 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Passing the buck.

A think so, personally if you see the make up of the sfa board I will be amazed if any derogation is granted.  A definite turkeys voting for Christmas scenario.  I will gladly be proved wrong though.