Kilmarnock v Celtic

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, paul wright scores said:

I would suggest that It has happened at least 8 times. 

I genuinely can't recall any instances of widespread seat damage at Kilmarnock other than the league clincher of 2007 and yesterday, being a regular at home and away Celtic games for about twenty years or so I think im well enough qualified to speak with a certain amount of knowledge on the matter, again if im wrong and you or others can prove otherwise i'll happily concede im wrong.

22 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

I genuinely can't recall any instances of widespread seat damage at Kilmarnock other than the league clincher of 2007 and yesterday, being a regular at home and away Celtic games for about twenty years or so I think im well enough qualified to speak with a certain amount of knowledge on the matter, again if im wrong and you or others can prove otherwise i'll happily concede im wrong.

Here's one - In the 2003/04 season Celtic fans destroyed 400 seats. (As recrimination for losing the league at the same venue a year earlier?)

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

I can 100% concur on this, the guys who sit in 444, top tier between North and Jock Stein stands are made up mainly of guys who fell out with/got booted out of the 'Green Brigade' group around the time of some arsehole behaviour and deliberate vandalism at Fir Park, speaking to one or two younger guys who stand in and around the GB section there is a bit of bad blood between the two with the so called 'SMV' guys being behind the majority any instances of unsavoury behaviour.

They're all absolutely fucking tragic. Anyone who feels the need to join any "group", wear matching clothing, and are over the age of 12, deserves banned for life.

I have always thought that, whatever else, you were mature and reasonably intelligent. I was wrong. (Expecting another post of Did ye aye?)
It's the best way to reply to obviously made up shite. Happens after all our away games, people just start making stuff up.

Sad really.

56 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Definitely has happened a few times, on average I would say it happens once every couple of seasons.  

Celtic have to pay it though so not really a big deal for us (we have plenty of seats).

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

They're all absolutely fucking tragic. Anyone who feels the need to join any "group", wear matching clothing, and are over the age of 12, deserves banned for life.

On a semi-related note what was the thing with the older guy who was sitting in among the kids at your games a few years ago?  I seem to remember some noise about it on here for a bit.

37 minutes ago, Romeo said:

It's the best way to reply to obviously made up shite. Happens after all our away games, people just start making stuff up.

Sad really.

Irony meter just blown to smithereens....

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

As for the rest of the behaviour it’s to be expected and I don’t know why anyone is surprised.

What does this mean? Why is surprise a necessary element of disapproval? 

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

Perfectly summed up Mags.

I don’t really understand why people are so upset by yesterday’s game. Celtic fans pitch-invading after a late winner that put them 8 points clear at this stage of the season is to be expected, especially after such a difficult game and with the two teams below them drawing on the Saturday. It was maybe 50 people at most. We all cheered when thousands of Hibees did it against Sevco and I’ve seen my own support do it to taunt Falkirk fans after we relegated them.

As for the rest of the behaviour it’s to be expected and I don’t know why anyone is surprised.

Comparing Celtic going 8 points clear at the top of the table to Hibs winning the Scottish Cup for the first time in 114 years.

troy.gif

I love how the narrative has now become '50 (at most), over jubilant japesters' managed to enter the field of play for a couple of minutes, before returning to their allocated seating', those pesky pyrotechnics, why every club has problems with them, seats being broken? happens everywhere, may have been around 10 snapped, but again, over exuberance. Boyd being hit by a coin...unfortunate, and the culprit should be found. (it looked more like over 100 that were over the barriers but not to worry, (including the guy who reached the centre circle to take a selfie with Sinclair)

Nothing about the sectarian singing throughout the game...(probably 'folk' songs), people being assaulted outside the ground, the toilets being smashed up, the Green Brigade or Bhoys or whatever version it is, turning up trying to mimic the dress of the IRA...

Wonder how the fun loving fans behind the goal would have responded had Killie gone straight up the park from kick off at the goal and equalised? Presumably shook the hand of every Killie fan at the end congratulating them on such a sporting performance from their team.

Nothing to see here basically, onto Tynecastle soon for a repeat performance.

9 hours ago, paul wright scores said:

They always got the 2 stands after they were built.  In fact I believe they used to get a bit of the East Stand as well - (at the Right Hand Side)

Squirrelhumper will probably be able to confirm whether i am correct or not.

IIRC at first Rantic got the Chadwick plus the north ends of the East and West stands, but segregating the two stands became problematic so giving them both ends was seen as the best alternative after a season or two.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I love how the narrative has now become '50 (at most), over jubilant japesters' managed to enter the field of play for a couple of minutes, before returning to their allocated seating', those pesky pyrotechnics, why every club has problems with them, seats being broken? happens everywhere, may have been around 10 snapped, but again, over exuberance. Boyd being hit by a coin...unfortunate, and the culprit should be found. (it looked more like over 100 that were over the barriers but not to worry, (including the guy who reached the centre circle to take a selfie with Sinclair)

Nothing about the sectarian singing throughout the game...(probably 'folk' songs), people being assaulted outside the ground, the toilets being smashed up, the Green Brigade or Bhoys or whatever version it is, turning up trying to mimic the dress of the IRA...

Wonder how the fun loving fans behind the goal would have responded had Killie gone straight up the park from kick off at the goal and equalised? Presumably shook the hand of every Killie fan at the end congratulating them on such a sporting performance from their team.

Nothing to see here basically, onto Tynecastle soon for a repeat performance.

Other than all of the above did you enjoy your Sunday at the match?

14 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Other than all of the above did you enjoy your Sunday at the match?

None of the above happened of course, so as to the match itself, thought we actually played really well, good shape throughout, regained the ball well from defensive positions and hit pretty effectively when we could on the counter, with McAleney and Brophy looking like a decent partnership. Moment of madness from Broadfoot put the aforementioned shape off balance, causing us to have to sit deeper, invite more pressure, and sometimes that leads to a late goal, as we saw. Did we look like a team operating on 30 x less of a budget? No.

Didn't think Celtic did enough to cut us open regularly enough or create many clear cut chances, so a draw would have been a fair outcome.

Archived