Heart of Midlothian v Partick Thistle - Scottish Cup quarter-final replay, 12/03/2019

Elixir

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I  thought Partick were pretty decent in this - the Championship must be some league for them to be in relegation trouble. 

Storey's was a stonewall penalty (Cardle can get to f**k though), but I thought the other Anderson tackle on Uche was a penalty too, so they balance up.  Clare might have found his best position, commanding central midfield, and both Wighton and Mulraney could end up being important players for us next year.

Thistle fans were right though - what a shitrey home support we have. Greeting faced, know f**k all arseholes, a lot of them (amplified by it being a cup game, I suppose, with a percentage of folk just having a night out - how else to explain people leaving with us under the cosh, 2-1 up and five minutes to go).

Best of luck to Thistle for the rest of the season...

On 13/03/2019 at 10:51, Nizzy said:

Bullshit.

First goal was a shambles of a goal to let in, and he (combined with Saunders) sold the penalty. Combined with his flappy approach to crosses the guy is a bombscare. Don’t really know if Sneddon is any better but Hazard is mince. 

You can argue that Hazard should have saved Ikpeazu's shot, but the fact is that Anderson allowed him to turn in the box - that's basic stuff.  Similarly, at the second, both Anderson *and* Saunders failed to clear their lines before the loose ball became Hazard's responsibility. 

Those in a rush to condemn him seem to be conveniently forgetting his smart save from Hearts' first half free kick and his penalty save. 

Archived