Heart of Midlothian v Partick Thistle - Scottish Cup quarter-final replay, 12/03/2019

Elixir

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the posts here are from a different planet. You would think Thistle had been drawn at home to Boca Juniors with a travelling support of 50,000.  It’s Hearts we’re playing.  Hearts FFS! We should trust the Thistle board to put their own support first in any decision, like any normal board would ....

25 minutes ago, Stan Butler Says said:

Some of the posts here are from a different planet. You would think Thistle had been drawn at home to Boca Juniors with a travelling support of 50,000.  It’s Hearts we’re playing.  Hearts FFS! We should trust the Thistle board to put their own support first in any decision, like any normal board would ....

@Elixir

You going to stand for this?

Wouldn't totally surprise me. Figured Aberdeen vs potentially Sevco would be earmarked by the polis as the Sunday lunchtime game (also if Killie get through I think it's the law Aberdeen and Killie always play on a Sunday lunchtime) which means Hibs  - Celtic would most likely be the Saturday lunchtime.  Those will be the 2 premier sports games

There's a game (Morton vs Falkirk) on the new BBC channel on the Friday night so they couldn't show it then which means it's either Saturday evening, Sunday later kick off or Monday. for the 2 BBC games. 

Hearts can f**k off, they hardly do away teams favours with their shitty sliver of the Roseburn. Night game means I'll need to get the train back to my flat (Upper Gorgie) with the Jambos. Fingers crossed our victory means I'm fearing for my life (and my injuries/sentence for battering c***s is up before our trip to Hampden).

Awful time to play it.  Monday is bad enough, but 7.05 makes it difficult for people to get through from work in time.  Not sure if we'd have asked for more with a weekend game, but if that was a Saturday or Sunday we'd automatically be able to sell double the allocation we've got.  

There's not even a Saturday lunchtime game, why not play it then?

2 hours ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Hearts can f**k off, they hardly do away teams favours with their shitty sliver of the Roseburn. Night game means I'll need to get the train back to my flat (Upper Gorgie) with the Jambos. Fingers crossed our victory means I'm fearing for my life (and my injuries/sentence for battering c***s is up before our trip to Hampden).

Agreed.

Those pesky Premiership teams with their unrestricted away ends.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Awful time to play it.  Monday is bad enough, but 7.05 makes it difficult for people to get through from work in time.  Not sure if we'd have asked for more with a weekend game, but if that was a Saturday or Sunday we'd automatically be able to sell double the allocation we've got.  

There's not even a Saturday lunchtime game, why not play it then?

Assuming because the Beeb don't want it to clash with the North London derby. Which is a joke in itself, but aw well.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Reckon you’ll sell that?

Easy, m8. Doubt we'll get anymore, though. Partick must be expecting quadruple their average home support to turn up.

9 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Assuming because the Beeb don't want it to clash with the North London derby. Which is a joke in itself, but aw well.

Surely they don't see that as the competition though? Last round they had Aberdeen v Qots up against City-Chelsea.

Only other reason I can think of for this game not being Saturday lunchtime is the police didn't want Hearts fans going back to Edinburgh after the game mixing with Celtic fans going to Easter Road. Surely shit like that happens all the time on regular league weekends though?

Even then, they could have had this game as the Sunday 3/4 pm ko and the Dundee Utd game as the Saturday lunchtime one.

3 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Surely they don't see that as the competition though? Last round they had Aberdeen v Qots up against City-Chelsea.

Aye, right enough. Maybe due to the potential for Hearts fans travelling back to Edinburgh at the same time as Celtic fans are on the way through for the Hibs game, then. I suppose that's more logical, but you never know.

Either way, 7pm on a Monday is fucking mince.

Archived