Heart of Midlothian v Partick Thistle - Scottish Cup quarter-final replay, 12/03/2019

Elixir

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Can you boys please play Ryan Edwards so that I can boo f**k out of him?

lf the Hearts first team bus crashes off a very high cliff or bridge, Ryan Edwards might make the dugout. 

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

I imagine we'll be getting the stand you give the Old Firm? We'll fill it nae bother.

That, plus I've heard they'll be building a temporary stand on the bing as well.

A cup draw where we didn't get either Celtic or Aberdeen. Something has gone wrong at SFA HQ.

6 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

That's nonsense.

No Doric spoken in the Lothians.

Midlothianese is similar to doric but considered by most academics to be a separate language.

Edinburgh South had the only Labour MP in Scotland a few years ago. Which  I feel pushes his other gibberish into a neat pile of litter.

6 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

Nice to see a Scottish Cup draw that doesn't smell funny. Here was me fully expecting Celtic and Rangers to get home draws  - both against Partick.

The Rangers or Kilmarnock.

Nice to see Hibs getting Premiership opposition before the semi-final stage for wee change as well.

4 hours ago, Neiljb said:

Midlothianese is similar to doric but considered by most academics to be a separate language.

Edinburgh South had the only Labour MP in Scotland a few years ago. Which  I feel pushes his other gibberish into a neat pile of litter.

...that and Edinburgh being the most "Remain" place north of Gibraltar

But you have to read it as poetry as opposed to taking it literally

Viewed in that light @Walter's contribution is an outstanding piece of surrealist whimsy

4 hours ago, Neiljb said:

As far as I am concerned, for his magnificent efforts in saving the glorious Heart of Midlothian, Ian Murray can hold any opinion he wants on any matter he wants. He could advocate nationalising Jaffa Cakes, fracking under Torness, withdrawing the UK from the United Nations and starting a war with China using an army consisting solely of conscripted NHS workers - and that would be okay with me.

Archived