Heart of Midlothian v Partick Thistle - Scottish Cup quarter-final replay, 12/03/2019

Elixir

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much does the main stand hold at Firhill, about 3000?  Is there scope for any further allocation as I think we'll sell that no bother, or does it come down to appetite from Thistle fans?

About 1800ish. Reckon there’s a chance you’ll get the John Lambie Stand (behind the goals) too so we can get as much cash as possible from the gate. Hope that’s not the case though. If we continue our good form we should be able to get a good home crowd.

Hoping the game’s on the Friday night tbh.

10 minutes ago, Reid said:

About 1800ish. Reckon there’s a chance you’ll get the John Lambie Stand (behind the goals) too so we can get as much cash as possible from the gate. Hope that’s not the case though. If we continue our good form we should be able to get a good home crowd.

Hoping the game’s on the Friday night tbh.

Hope we get more than 1800 for a QF, but obviously Thistle fans come first, it's your home tie.

Don't think it'll be a Friday, we play Celtic on the Wednesday before.

28 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

How much does the main stand hold at Firhill, about 3000?  Is there scope for any further allocation as I think we'll sell that no bother, or does it come down to appetite from Thistle fans?

The capacity of the stands at Firhill makes it really tricky on occasions like this. 

The Main (Colin Weir) Stand I would guess won't be sufficient for the Hearts support for a Scottish Cup quarter-final and there is no chance of us filling both the Jackie Husband Stand and the John Lambie Stand. 

The options are 'simple' then but would involve in shifting the home support from either the Jackie Husband or John Lambie stand. Neither option will go down well with those asked to shift even though both stands are likely to be no more than half full.  

We could have Hearts fans unable to get a ticket for their end but also two half full home stands and a potential segregation problem if the home ends remain 'cash on the gate'. 

Personally if I were Thistle I'd take the financial hit and leave things as they are but if they are going to change things I'd give Hearts the Colin Weir and John Lambie Stands (all their fans then would be accessing the ground from Firhill Road). The Jackie Husband Stand punters have been messed about enough, IMVHO, in recent seasons by being shifted for the visits of the ugly sisters. 

The actual number of seats in the Main Stand is something in the region of 2600, but many of them are no longer sold as they’re restricted view. 1800-2000 is probably the full available capacity of it these days.

I’d hope they wouldn’t move us from behind the goal, but at the same time I don’t think Hearts will sell the 5500-6000 needed to justify giving them the whole JH, which creates a problem.

The best way to maximise ticket sales while keeping everyone happy would be to have the away fans split into two sections (2k in the Main, another 1k in the end sections of the JH), but I appreciate from a policing/stewarding point of view it’s not ideal.

19 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Must've been under Cathro, it's the only time we've lost there in years.

Right enough

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/tea/partickthistle.html

The last time we went there in the cup was 2005 and it went to a replay

Sir Neil MacFarlane & Dennis Wyness  did the damage back at Tynecastle 

I can't see us getting a Friday night kick off. As someone as stated, we've got Celtic on the Wednesday before it and I'm pretty sure BBC Scotland are showing championship football on that night anyway. It's a shame too, because that 1-1 draw against Thistle on a Friday night was a class away night.

Preferably not an early kick off at the very least so I can get tanked up enough before the game plz.

39 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I can't see us getting a Friday night kick off. As someone as stated, we've got Celtic on the Wednesday before it and I'm pretty sure BBC Scotland are showing championship football on that night anyway. It's a shame too, because that 1-1 draw against Thistle on a Friday night was a class away night.

Preferably not an early kick off at the very least so I can get tanked up enough before the game plz.

Dread to think the nick of the crowd if it's a late KO.  I went a few years back when it was moved back to 4pm because the OF were playing, an extra hour seemed to send the crowd tonto.  There were about three full blown fights in my section alone.

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

The actual number of seats in the Main Stand is something in the region of 2600, but many of them are no longer sold as they’re restricted view. 1800-2000 is probably the full available capacity of it these days.

I’d hope they wouldn’t move us from behind the goal, but at the same time I don’t think Hearts will sell the 5500-6000 needed to justify giving them the whole JH, which creates a problem.

The best way to maximise ticket sales while keeping everyone happy would be to have the away fans split into two sections (2k in the Main, another 1k in the end sections of the JH), but I appreciate from a policing/stewarding point of view it’s not ideal.

We sold out our allocation for the Motherwell quarter-final last season (nearly 5,000) about a week before the game. It was also on the BBC and when the weather was horrific.

We'd sell 6,000 for this no bother.

I’d agree this. Hearts fans enter the JHS from the City End and Thistle from the North End. The first season we were in the Premiership we gave Celtic the JLS and the North End of the JHS and I can’t remember there being any problems. Not ideal because some people will be shifted but there’s plenty room to relocate them in the JHS.

Can't see the ticketing arrangement for this ending well.

What's our average home crowd this season - 2500? Probably bump it up a bit with the gain of a Scottish cup QF being offset by it almost certainly being on TV and a good chance of it being a shitey kick off time. Say low 3000s? The playoff crowd was 7122 for a Sunday afternoon, so maybe about 5500 in the home end but guess there would have been a fair few neutrals in there and it was on BT rather than BBC. 

I can't see that arrangement with Hearts getting the main and half the JH stand being allowed by police, it was different with Celtic getting 2 stands as the two blocks of their fans were next to each other.

edit: putting Hearts fans at the bing end of the JH is presumably a non-starter due to hospitality being in there, when it was the arse cheeks there was home fans only hospitality in the main stand to make up for it but that wouldn't be possible in this scenario

18 minutes ago, Elixir said:

We sold out our allocation for the Motherwell quarter-final last season (nearly 5,000) about a week before the game. It was also on the BBC and when the weather was horrific.

We'd sell 6,000 for this no bother.

Fair enough. It might make sense from that point of view of how many tickets Hearts could sell, but two of the reasons we give the Old Firm the Jackie Husband Stand in the first place are:
1) the police apparently advised us to not put the OF in the Main Stand because it's made of wood
2) Thistle fans don't turn up for OF games anyway, meaning not as many people have to be displaced from their usual seat

Neither of those will be the case here, as Hearts fans aren't complete c***s who can't be trusted not to burn down the stand they're sitting in, and we'll get a decent home support at this one.

It'll most likely be just the usual away section for you lads, although ideally there would be some sort of compromise to allow more away fans in when the demand is going to be there.

While we're only entitled to about 2,000 tickets, I can't see Hearts being satisfied as they know we could take far more, and Thistle won't just want to chuck money away - certainly not when you're bottom of the Championship. That's not meaning any disrespect or me wanting to come across like some Old Firm c**t. It's just because it being a quarter-final of the Scottish Cup makes the fixture different.

58 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Neither of those will be the case here, as Hearts fans aren't complete c***s who can't be trusted not to burn down the stand they're sitting in.

Our young team might prove you wrong there. Expect some pyrotechnics and a lot of diet hunnishness.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

While we're only entitled to about 2,000 tickets, I can't see Hearts being satisfied as they know we could take far more, and Thistle won't just want to chuck money away - certainly not when you're bottom of the Championship. That's not meaning any disrespect or me wanting to come across like some Old Firm c**t. It's just because it being a quarter-final of the Scottish Cup makes the fixture different.

You've failed miserably in that case.

2 hours ago, Reid said:

I’d agree this. Hearts fans enter the JHS from the City End and Thistle from the North End. The first season we were in the Premiership we gave Celtic the JLS and the North End of the JHS and I can’t remember there being any problems. Not ideal because some people will be shifted but there’s plenty room to relocate them in the JHS.

Not to be pedantic, it's not that folk will be moved, is it? They just won't be able to purchase their normal seats, which some Hearts supporters weren't able to do for our game against Livingston.

Whilst I can appreciate Thistles desire to accommodate their own fans first and foremost, they'd be chucking a good deal of money away if they only give Hearts 2,000 tickets.

Archived