Heart of Midlothian v Partick Thistle - Scottish Cup quarter-final replay, 12/03/2019

Elixir

Wasn't there tonight and while the way he's phrased it will draw attention, I think Caldwell's point about Ikpeazu is fair, he's built like Anthony Joshua and can clearly hold 3 men off single handedly when he wants to, so when he flings himself to the floor it's obvious  he's exaggerating contact in order to win a foul. I suppose the counter argument is that just because you're big folk shouldn't be allowed to take liberties but it's pretty obvious  when he's at it- like I say I wasn't there tonight but he got away with a few last week.

Didn't think we'd get anything mainly because this is a cursed universe that doesn't allow me to have nice things and also Hearts are a lot better than us, so switching my attention to the fact Falkirk lost.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Wasn't there tonight and while the way he's phrased it will draw attention, I think Caldwell's point about Ikpeazu is fair, he's built like Anthony Joshua and can clearly hold 3 men off single handedly when he wants to, so when he flings himself to the floor it's obvious  he's exaggerating contact in order to win a foul. I suppose the counter argument is that just because you're big folk shouldn't be allowed to take liberties but it's pretty obvious  when he's at it- like I say I wasn't there tonight but he got away with a few last week.

Didn't think we'd get anything mainly because this is a cursed universe that doesn't allow me to have nice things and also Hearts are a lot better than us, so switching my attention to the fact Falkirk lost.

Think that's a fair summary of Uche. I get the impression he's played at levels of football that has meant he's been able to keep the ball even when fouled. He can't do that in the SPFL so when he is fouled he does need to let the ref know it. Trouble is, he hasn't developed any subtlety. Naismith could teach him a bit about the dark arts.

On 05/03/2019 at 18:53, Reid said:

We probably got lucky at the end but should've had another pen ourselves. Thistle should be higher up their league on that showing.

Uche gets fouled to f**k, he has to go down to get anything. Anderson was fouling him all night off the ball etc .

Absolute roflcopter @ Hearts 2nd pen, would love to see Blair Spittal try and knock Uche over if the big man wanted to stay on his feet, he'd need a horse and  a tree trunk. 

Absolute lolocaust at Anderson, Saunders, and Hazard for the first pen. Amateur probably doesn't do it justice.

Not sure at the one on Storey at the end, I don't think he was catching the ball  before it went out of play (and if he did, bear in mind it's Miles fucking Storey) but on your day those things go for you.

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Absolute roflcopter @ Hearts 2nd pen, would love to see Blair Spittal try and knock Uche over if the big man wanted to stay on his feet, he'd need a horse and  a tree trunk. 

Absolute lolocaust at Anderson, Saunders, and Hazard for the first pen. Amateur probably doesn't do it justice.

Not sure at the one on Storey at the end, I don't think he was catching the ball  before it went out of play (and if he did, bear in mind it's Miles fucking Storey) but on your day those things go for you.

That was  certainly a penalty.

Caldwell can expect a phone call from Madden to apologise. Apparently it's what Glasgow clubs get after a ref's mistake

Observations from today:

- Saunders and Anderson have been key signings for us in terms of our league campaign, but it's easy to see why they haven't been trusted in the top flight this season. Ikpeazu ragdolled them over both games and if Hearts had a decent complimentary striker available (eg, Naismith) they'd have won at a canter. 

- Credit to both teams for their staunch commitment to dire hoofball over the two games. 

- Bewilderment at how someone managed to lay a whole turd *behind* the toilet seat in the Wetherspoons bogs next to Waverley. 

38 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

That was  certainly a penalty.

Yeah, thought it was a stonewaller. It’s Miles Storey so he would have done nothing useful if he did get on the end of the pass, but absolutely no doubt he was clattered in the box.

Thought we played well tonight, and the only difference between us and a good Premiership side was a couple of soft, avoidable goals. Lots of fight from the players, and if we play like that for the rest of the season we’ll stay up no bother. Cue the 3-0 loss to Falkirk this weekend.

Not fussed if it’s Hearts or Dons who win the Cup, but please one of yeez beat those green bigot c***s.

49 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Ikpeazu ragdolled them over both games and if Hearts had a decent complimentary striker available (eg, Naismith) they'd have won at a canter. 

Steven Naismith is usually moaning like f**k at his team-mates rather than praising them.

Hazard was rotten first half and lost us the tie. To not get either of the penalties at the end was bullshit too, we played pretty well and showed a lot of fight, deserved extra time. Proud of the team though and I think despite going out we look like we will grind out survival.

Always a good welcome around Tynecastle, despite the odd union jack bawbag Jambos are good c***s I'm general.

1 hour ago, the jambo-rocker said:

I can't remember being so wet during a game of football.

Surely our free-flowing football never turned you on that much?

Archived