Heart of Midlothian v Partick Thistle - Scottish Cup quarter-final replay, 12/03/2019

Elixir

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to work tomorrow more than the game tbh. 3-5-2 and humping it to wee guys up front while big Uche throws our CBs about like an empty tracksuit.

Hoping for a bit of communal Ryan Edwards abuse.

22 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

When did Thistle last knock-out a team from a higher division in a cup competition?

Inverness CT 15th Feb 2006

2-2 in Inverness, 1-1 in Glasgow Thistle won 4-1 on Penalties 

Partick were promoted from the 2nd Division that season, Inverness were mid table in the top Flight

On 17/02/2019 at 13:03, VladimirMooc said:

Only giving Hearts 2000 tickets is a disgraceful decision IMO. From reading this thread it sounds like they might bring approximately 300,000 fans and our failure to build a new stadium to accommodate them will ultimately kill our club. On behalf of all decent Thistle supporters please accept our apologies. 

On 20/02/2019 at 20:51, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Edinburgh Sevco only given 2,200 tickets hahaha. Delicious. 

Thought Thistle fans were sound, what's with the try hards?

Hearts to beat the newly dickish thistle 3-1 in their cup final.

I sat down and worked it out.

In the Scottish Cup, Thistle have beaten a team in a higher league than them on only three occasions in the last twenty years. The most recent was ICT on penalties some 13 years ago, with a replay victory over Premier League Dundee in 2001-02, and a victory over First Division Livingston in 1999-2000. In every one of the 7 seasons we've been in the top-flight, we were eliminated by a Premier League team, with any prior victories against Premier League teams having come on only three occasions (Hamilton in 2014-15, St Mirren in 2015-16 and St Johnstone in 2016-17).

In the League Cup, it's grimmer still. We have beaten precisely two Premier League team in 20 years (Dundee in 2002-03 and St Johnstone in 2017-18, both top-flight seasons). We failed to beat any second-tier teams during our three seasons in the third-tier. During two of our seven top flight campaigns, we were eliminated by second-tier opposition (Falkirk in 2015-16 and Dundee United in 2016-17).

In the Challenge Cup, it's scarcely been respectable either. In just 12 campaigns, we've been knocked out by a team in a league below us on five occasions, the same tier on six occasions, and by a team in a higher tier only once. We have won against someone in the second-tier only four times.

Basically we are fucking shite at cups.

Anyone able to recommend any pubs for away fans tonight 

Springbank Cottage. Less than 5 minute walk for the ground and is always away fan friendly.

1 hour ago, Fungi said:

Anyone care to tell me why Hearts are 1.83 on 365 to win this against a team bottom of the championship? 

We're shite.

1 hour ago, BenM19 said:

Anyone able to recommend any pubs for away fans tonight 

Go to the west end.

Big responsibility on Caldwell's shoulders not to get a fucking doing tonight. Could be the beginning of the end.

Business lunch in Rustom complete with a couple of Kingfisher (highly recommended curry btw) its onwards to glorious Maryhill for what might be a decent game of football. Distinct lack of Jambos on this train, big away crowd indeed.

Having watched Partick earlier this year I am amazed Hearts are near evens. Ridiculous kick off time, just a 7:30 would make a big difference. Even when your team isn't involved knowing there's a Scottish game on the telly to watch post work makes the day a bit more bearable.

39 minutes ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Big responsibility on Caldwell's shoulders not to get a fucking doing tonight. Could be the beginning of the end.

Business lunch in Rustom complete with a couple of Kingfisher (highly recommended curry btw) its onwards to glorious Maryhill for what might be a decent game of football. Distinct lack of Jambos on this train, big away crowd indeed.

To be honest, I don't think an absolute doing to a Premiership side that, by all rights, should be giving us an absolute doing is going to make much difference to Caldwell's future.  I'd take one if it meant we turned around our league form.  And playing devil's advocate, he could get us through tonight, see us papped out by Celtic in a semi, and get relegated.  Or get pumped tonight and survive.

Basically, as long as he goes out tonight and actually has us looking like we want to win, then I'll be happy enough regardless of the result.  But it won't stop me being very much not happy enough if we continue to slide in the league.

6 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Inverness CT 15th Feb 2006

2-2 in Inverness, 1-1 in Glasgow Thistle won 4-1 on Penalties 

Partick were promoted from the 2nd Division that season, Inverness were mid table in the top Flight

that was the same season you knocked us out in the QF wasn't it? edit: in fact I think we technically lasted longer than either Rangers or Celtic stayed in the competition that year

Mark Roberts scored to make it 2-1 with our consolation, think Jankauskas got one of the Hearts goals.

Craig Gordon pulled off a superb save from a deflected free kick iirc. :(

Archived