Rangers vs St Johnstone 16th Feb

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers had NOTHING up front. No threat whatsoever. I sat there thinking that last Sunday by now Celtic were 2, 3, 4 up against us. There is no title race for Rangers. They’re not good enough. Pity Blair didn’t score.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

I know what you're saying and TW did alter it differently for every game, i just think Celtic ran rings around us, it's that simple. Valencia did to Celtic what they did to us last week. It was Celtic who couldn't make the simple passes,  were under pressure and generally looked pish and out of their depth. Levels, as I've said before, The Rangers are far nearer our level and thus we can compete in say 3 games out of 5, when against Celtic it's nearer 1 in 5.

Agree with what you say Tam.  I just feel against better teams you have to fight harder, work harder, stick to your job etc even more so to compensate for the difference in ability.

The last few years have generally been a big improvement for Saints fans when coming up against the old firm teams in terms of standing up to them.  I remember so many games v either cheek over the years where it looked like our players felt we were beaten at the first whistle.  

The 0-2 game at McDiarmid v Celtic i didn't feel too bad about the result, though obviously disappointed.  We competed, were organised and created a couple of chances, even though Celtic were clearly the better side. Another day we might have claimed a point.  Same in the 1-2 at McD v Rangers.

Whereas the cup match at Celtic last week, the recent match at Tynecastle etc I didn't think we ever brought any of those qualities.

As big TW said tonight, today's performance was much more in our DNA.  Hopefully see us build on that next week v the Westhill Kingsford Dons.

Untitled.jpg.4833266a3df7472ebde9820545706809.jpg

I think for the first time in their history even the*** loving BBC are a bit 'f**k me, he actually said this?' after an interview by one of their favourites. 

The obnoxious scouse c**t shows again that he obviously thinks Saints are something he scraped off his shoe.

27 minutes ago, davied85 said:

What's the chances of any rangers players been done bye Sportcene tonight.?100% is my guess.

Would Sir like some bullshit dressing to go with his word salad?

10 hours ago, ali_91 said:

The Kane hatred from sections of our support is absolutely bizarre. Works like a horse and is evidently a good choice at times. 

properly odd thing to say about a striker i know, but if you accept he wont score a lot of goals you start to appreciate his work, and makes space and chances for others to score. no way could be play with him up top alone every game but a really important member of the squad, 

6 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Untitled.jpg.4833266a3df7472ebde9820545706809.jpg

I think for the first time in their history even the*** loving BBC are a bit 'f**k me, he actually said this?' after an interview by one of their favourites. 

The obnoxious scouse c**t shows again that he obviously thinks Saints are something he scraped off his shoe.

He seems to think he has to belittle everyone else to either make himself feel better, or keep Rangers fans onside, maybe both?

Either way hes coming across as completely classless, and when the time comes when Rangers fans do turn on him, he'll find himself a completely isolated figure.

I think he's just broken tbh. He's not going to accept any responsibility easily, so has to lash out at anything and everything to hide that he's built a team who are not very good at all, and then made worse by his idiotic management.

But saying things like this helps him with the hordes, as we see from Traynor's usual nonsense. It gets lapped up.

What a goal that would've been, btw.

Not longer after Rangers had went all Mike Bassett with two up front and left an absolutely fucking massive hole in the middle of the park, credit to TW for having the bollocks to put Alston on to exploit.

21 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

I think he's just broken tbh. He's not going to accept any responsibility easily, so has to lash out at anything and everything to hide that he's built a team who are not very good at all, and then made worse by his idiotic management.

But saying things like this helps him with the hordes, as we see from Traynor's usual nonsense. It gets lapped up.

He ripped into the entire squad yesterday aswell, bar his pal Defoe, and you wonder how often he thinks he can do that before the dressing room starts to question him.

Defoe and Davis don't look like they add anything to help, both actively hindered them yesterday, yet both wedged into the team despite that. The signing of Kamara is hilarious to me still, hes nothing more than a show pony who'll complete five yard passes and the odd step over, but cant score a goal, and will constantly let folk run off him. That Alston chance a fine example of his defensive work.

What a goal that would've been, btw.
Not longer after Rangers had went all Mike Bassett with two up front and left an absolutely fucking massive hole in the middle of the park, credit to TW for having the bollocks to put Alston on to exploit.
Gutting that never went in to add to Blairs repertoire of pearlers against the ****.

Blair hates the ****.

Archived