Rangers vs St Johnstone 16th Feb

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Think you're just being a snowflake tbh. 

Nah, he takes any opportunity to have a wee jibe at us, absolutely no need to mention our support at all in his latest wee rant. Hes just, yet again, playing to the gallery.

Nah, he takes any opportunity to have a wee jibe at us, absolutely no need to mention our support at all in his latest wee rant. Hes just, yet again, playing to the gallery.
I find it a bit surprising (not really) that Rangers fans cant see what they are to Gerrard. They blindly love him. He sees Rangers as nothing more than a stepping stone and ultimately will throw them under a bus to preserve his chance at a job in England.

Just now, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I find it a bit surprising (not really) that Rangers fans cant see what they are to Gerrard. They blindly love him. He sees Rangers as nothing more than a stepping stone and ultimately will throw them under a bus to preserve his chance at a job in England.

I imagine they'll start to turn pretty soon, especially if Kilmarnock pap them out the cup.

Only so many times you can disappoint them, whip out the "rangers fans deserve better" shite, and expect them to swallow it. Hes doing it a couple of times a month.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only so many times you can disappoint them, whip out the "rangers fans deserve better" shite, and expect them to swallow it. Hes doing it a couple of times a month.

They never tire of swallowing that patter – the same lines have been used for years. It's just that sooner or later they need someone new to say it.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

^^^Diddy post of the day.

Hands up any Rangers fans who didn't think Stevie G was using us as nothing more than a stepping stone.  Keep your hands up if you think Stevie G is a 'troo Rangers man'.  Keep your hands up if you think Stevie G won't throw us/our players/our club etc etc under a bus to further his own career.

I don't see any hands.   

You are, again, talking pish.

27 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Hands up any Rangers fans who didn't think Stevie G was using us as nothing more than a stepping stone.  Keep your hands up if you think Stevie G is a 'troo Rangers man'.  Keep your hands up if you think Stevie G won't throw us/our players/our club etc etc under a bus to further his own career.

I don't see any hands.   

Rhattled. 

Stupid ***

32 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I don't see any hands.   

I'll find you double figures, at least, worth of tweets about Gerrard "being a Ger" from Rangers fans over his spell in charge if you're genuinely going down this particular rabbit hole.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'll find you double figures, at least, worth of tweets about Gerrard "being a Ger" from Rangers fans over his spell in charge if you're genuinely going down this particular rabbit hole.

Terrific.  P&B is your oyster.  Find tweets from the P&B Bears citing Oor  Stevie as a blue-nose from cradle to grave and I'll drive to Perth and buy you a pint.

I think most folk realise Gerard's ambition will be to manage Liverpool one day, and possibly England as well, including Rangers fans.

But I do think comments about how big a crowd they get and how they should be beating teams like Saints is playing up to the Rangers fans in a big way and telling them what they want to hear.  If I was a rangers fan, and I just tasted a little sick in my mouth as I typed that, I'd be raging at that kind of comment. We fucking know that, we have our pick of the best players from every team in the league other than Celtic, and from further afield.  It's such a deflection tactic, yet they seem to lap it up.

For me I love it.  You could inject it straight into my veins, as the saying goes.  In the uk folk are absolutely obsessed with rating football teams over one another based on their attendances, and this concept of 'big clubs'.  On the continent they are far less concerned with how many folk turn up to watch a team, and more about how good a team is at that time. A crazy concept.  And Gerrard should realise that St Johnstone are the country's third best team over the past 7-8 years going by overall points total/ trophies won/ qualifying for Europe.

I think back to that speech Jo Wilson gave at a Saints hall of fame dinner a couple of years back when she was quoting Thierry Henry about how folk in Britain go on about big clubs all the time when they're not, that to be a big club you have to have won major honours. Probably best the Rangers manager pipes down a wee bit in that case..

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Terrific.  P&B is your oyster.  Find tweets from the P&B Bears citing Oor  Stevie as a blue-nose from cradle to grave and I'll drive to Perth and buy you a pint.

46 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

any Rangers fans

Do Rangers fans only exist on this site?

Archived