Rangers vs St Johnstone 16th Feb

15 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The line up was the same apart from the keeper, but that was about the only similarity for me Tam. Some of the tackles, blocks and headers our players threw themselves into today were superb. 

The aggression, the discipline and organisation were all back.  And we had a clear plan to try to cause Rangers problems when we did win the ballback.

In terms purely of chat about a Rangers 'title challenge' though it's plain to see that it's not happening. Celtic have the stronger squad out of the two establishment clubs by miles.

I know what you're saying and TW did alter it differently for every game, i just think Celtic ran rings around us, it's that simple. Valencia did to Celtic what they did to us last week. It was Celtic who couldn't make the simple passes,  were under pressure and generally looked pish and out of their depth. Levels, as I've said before, The Rangers are far nearer our level and thus we can compete in say 3 games out of 5, when against Celtic it's nearer 1 in 5.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Leicester signed Benkovic for £15m as a replacement for if and when Harry McGuire leaves which I reckon may well happen this summer, he will go back to LC, that's a non starter. Even if they didn't punt the overated slab-head they would want their outlay for Benkovic paid by any buying club, Celtic simply won't pay that kind of transfer fee, absolute best case scenario is another half or full season loan which, again is a long shot although I believe that may be a possibility for Weah, he won't be sold by PSG either though. 

So they are not part of a rebuilding process as such ? You would think if guys had made an impact such as they have Celtic would want to keep them.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

So they are not part of a rebuilding process as such ? You would think if guys had made an impact such as they have Celtic would want to keep them.

It's not like Celtic don't want to keep them, it's more that Celtic can't (or won't) afford to keep them.  With the transfer market in England having gone off the rails on a crazy train there is no way a team like Celtic can justify the amount of money it would cost to buy a promising young talent like Benkovic or Weah permanently.  

Archived