Rangers vs St Johnstone 16th Feb

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

The fermers have learned from playing so open against the invincibles and shut up shop today (just our luck). We could have played for another ninety and wouldn't have scored, while StJ were unlucky not to score.

The referee looked absolutely terrified everytime he had to make a decision. 

No wonder our GnG friends were so keen on getting Alfredo the great banned, we're utterly toothless without him upfront.

Anyone know why Arfy and Jack were missing today?

St Johnstone haven't done much differently from the Celtic games. The difference is in the quality of the opposition. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Darren1872 said:

Or maybe its because Rangers just arent very good.

This. 

Rangers managed one shot on target, at home, to a team who hadn't won in five.

They just aren't very good without Morelos causing havoc.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

what a shift from Kane up front. 

I slated him at half time to my mate, but he was superb second half. A thankless task chasing hopeless balls into the corners, but he fought like hell against two huge centre backs who seemed intent on manhandling him, and eventually it helped take us up the park as he wore them out.

I don't think we'd have played as well if we'd had Watt on his own up front today.

Frustrating, as you can clearly see why TW likes him, and trusts him, on the back of this game, and how he affected the Hamilton tie, but he can't do it consistently.

The Rangers?  Squandering money since November 1988. The b*****ding thing is that we're depending on Killy tomorrow for us to have any semblance of a title challenge.

If we lose tomorrow at least I'll have the crumb of comfort knowing that the last remaining bit of hope for rangers fans is gone because of it. Thank you.  

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Some quick numbers here

Jermain Defoe has three goals in 476 minutes of play, or one goal in 154 minutes.  By comparison, Timo Weah (a player most Sevco fans thought would be a much worse signing than Defoe) has 3 in 286 minutes or 1 goal per 95 minutes, 

Are you signing Weah on a permanent deal at the end of the season ? 

Be crazy not to given the stats you just quoted and the fact he is still young and will improve.!

Him and Benkovic on permanent deals are very good bits of business imo.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Are you signing Weah on a permanent deal at the end of the season ? 

Be crazy not to given the stats you just quoted and the fact he is still young and will improve.!

Him and Benkovic on permanent deals are very good bits of business imo.

Leicester signed Benkovic for £15m as a replacement for if and when Harry McGuire leaves which I reckon may well happen this summer, he will go back to LC, that's a non starter. Even if they didn't punt the overated slab-head they would want their outlay for Benkovic paid by any buying club, Celtic simply won't pay that kind of transfer fee, absolute best case scenario is another half or full season loan which, again is a long shot although I believe that may be a possibility for Weah, he won't be sold by PSG either though. 

16 minutes ago, killie_lad said:

If we lose tomorrow at least I'll have the crumb of comfort knowing that the last remaining bit of hope for rangers fans is gone because of it. Thank you. 

There's yer diddy post of the day.

FFS, we've even got Fat Daz the Flag Scrawler bigging it up!

Just now, killie_lad said:
3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I don't know, there's just something really poetic about bigoted scum losing their last glimmer of hope

Oh sorry.  I thought it was a match thread discussion.  Still, if you've a different agenda then batter on, amoeba-brain.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Oh sorry.  I thought it was a match thread discussion.  Still, if you've a different agenda then batter on, amoeba-brain.

No surprise to see you biting to this obvious bit of fishing and losing your shit completely :lol:

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

St Johnstone haven't done much differently from the Celtic games. The difference is in the quality of the opposition. 

The line up was the same apart from the keeper, but that was about the only similarity for me Tam. Some of the tackles, blocks and headers our players threw themselves into today were superb. 

The aggression, the discipline and organisation were all back.  And we had a clear plan to try to cause Rangers problems when we did win the ballback.

In terms purely of chat about a Rangers 'title challenge' though it's plain to see that it's not happening. Celtic have the stronger squad out of the two establishment clubs by miles.

1 minute ago, Principal Flutie said:

Absolutely fuming. :lol: Bigot child supporting cuntwipe.

Oh, and since when have Rangers been title challengers? Genuinely interested in this.

Oh look it's the wrestling fan posting his usual brand of gibberish.

23 minutes ago, Pauli said:

Steeevvveeeees got them playing.

Three points better off than this time last season.

Best thing that's happened for Gerrard is Caixhina, he signed Morelos and allowed Celtic to get complacent, without that the Rangers support wouldn't be nearly as forgiving with him as they have been.

Archived