Rangers vs St Johnstone 16th Feb

You know what I’d probably play Hendry with Kennedy off of him. He’s as similar as we’re going to get to Watt’s style of play and he’s got technical ability and a willingness to have a ping, something that can’t really be levelled at Kane. I’d probably go tomorrow with -

Clark
Foster, Kerr, Shaughnessy, Tanser
Alston Craig Davidson Wotherspoon
Kennedy
Hendry

Leave Swanson on the bench for later. We need to be solid down our left and Spoony and Tanser were playing well earlier in the season together and inexplicably haven’t played together since.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Sounds like our striking options are about as limited as Rangers. O'Halloran is definitely out and Watt is a doubt, leaving us with Kane, Hendry (zero league goals for us this season between them) and Kennedy (a winger by trade) as our striking options.

Good news, ex players usually end up scoring jammy goals against us.

10 hours ago, Radford said:

Watching the Celtic game last night was sobering. I've sat twice at Parkhead in the past few weeks and watched them relentlessly press and bully us all over the park, giving them a platform to boss the game. They have passed the ball really well, even when we did, rarely, manage to put them under pressure and the midfielders were always moving into intelligent areas. Brown didn't lose a challenge across the three games. 

Then you get last night. They stood off Valencia, couldn't complete simple passes and had players who seemed scared of the ball.

I expect their fans are feeling this morning like a lot of our supporters do after a trip through there. What a shame. 

Yes it was interesting to watch the difference in their two games. A few times Valencia pressed them right into their own penalty area and they ended up being forced into mistakes and giving the ball away whereas they'd just brushed aside our strikers.  Similarly, where Celtic attempted to press Valencia, their strength and quality on the ball meant they could easily play 1-2's and early passes through the Celtic players to break the pressure.  Celtic obviously couldn't sustain it and had to drop off them.

Is it just bad luck that a ball breaks to a Celtic player 25 yards out against us and it's hammered into the top corner, whereas a ball breaks to a Celtic striker on the edge of the box last night and it's blasted way over the bar? Or is it the Valencia players knocking them off their stride so they are well out their comfort zone, and rush their shots/ passes/ first touch etc?  Who knows.

On 2/14/2019 at 13:22, thepundit said:

I think Saints' consolation goal in our 3-1 victory will be the result of an absolute clanger from Fods because he was woeful against Cowdenbeath...

Played like an outfield player subbing for an injured goalie.

Graham Roberts did better...

18 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I'd like to see Swanson and Kennedy both start, with hunskelper Alston in an attacking central or wide midfield role.

Swanson and Kennedy need to start, I'd maybe go 442 for this one now and play both Hendry and Kane. 

Clark 

Foster       Kerr     Shaughnessy  Tanser 

Swanson   Davidson   Goss    Kennedy 

Kane           Hendry

14 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Swanson and Kennedy need to start, I'd maybe go 442 for this one now and play both Hendry and Kane. 

Clark 

Foster       Kerr     Shaughnessy  Tanser 

Swanson   Davidson   Goss    Kennedy 

Kane           Hendry

#442 #ShowNoFear #OneUpFrontIsDefensive #ScoreMore #RatherLoseByFiveThanOne

We'd get fucking hounded with that line up, as being wide open is exactly what fucked us last time at Ibrox, confuses the life out me people just ignore that game and still demand we go baws oot.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

#442 #ShowNoFear #OneUpFrontIsDefensive #ScoreMore #RatherLoseByFiveThanOne

We'd get fucking hounded with that line up, as being wide open is exactly what fucked us last time at Ibrox, confuses the life out me people just ignore that game and still demand we go baws oot.

:lol:

Life confuses you ya trumpet.

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

You still as confident with cammy Bell in goal?

Better than Mark Hurst, surely?

Clark, MOH and Watt injured, wont stop folk piling into the manager for not picking them if we lose though.

Defoe starts for Rangers, assume if we manage to get a lead we'll see more of his swan dives, probably end up working the way our lucks been lately.

Archived