Montrose v Forfar

Montrose by far the most anti-football team I’ve seen this season, very tough watch. We weren’t at it today and probably a deserved Mo win but what a tough viewing
Lol behave take the defeat like a man and move on.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Minor success for the ploughboys finishing with 10 men. It should have been fewer.  White of the ploughboys never passes forward - he's the new Barry "the crab" Ferguson.    3 point never in doubt after the first goal.  Pleasing.

14 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Well beaten today,  never like it but couldnae suffer watching Montrose every week -- punt punt punt and niggly fouls non stop. Thought Bolo reffed the game pretty well.

Do like the look of Spencer.

almost reffed the game, thought Bairdy just edged it on the reffing front. Best moaning and petulance witnessed since  the great Robbie Raeside

almost reffed the game, thought Bairdy just edged it on the reffing front. Best moaning and petulance witnessed since  the great Robbie Raeside

Bolo and Dillon reffed the game for me. Two very experienced pros.
Every foul was met with them confronting the ref. Between them the wasted a fair chunk of the time.
Fair play, they were ahead but it was a dire game as entertainment goes.

£15 and 90 minutes of my life i’ll never get back.
What a horrible game that was.

Montrose sat in after being gifted the lead, and we couldn’t threaten at all.
Brutal game to watch.

The referee had an absolute shocker the day, no consistency at all.
Seems to be a recurring theme with referees throughout the country.

Awk well on to next week!

Just now, Loon From Outta Toon said:

£15 and 90 minutes of my life i’ll never get back.
What a horrible game that was.

Montrose sat in after being gifted the lead, and we couldn’t threaten at all.
Brutal game to watch.

The referee had an absolute shocker the day, no consistency at all.
Seems to be a recurring theme with referees throughout the country.

Awk well on to next week!

too true, two identical tug backs/shirt pulling sees McLean get a yellow and a Forfar player get nowt.  John Baird must have to practically kill someone or sleep with refs wife to even get a ticking off.  Still anti-football wins. Cheers for the 3 points. Nice sporting touch by Forfar not returning the ball when it was put out when your player was injured.

too true, two identical tug backs/shirt pulling sees McLean get a yellow and a Forfar player get nowt.  John Baird must have to practically kill someone or sleep with refs wife to even get a ticking off.  Still anti-football wins. Cheers for the 3 points. Nice sporting touch by Forfar not returning the ball when it was put out when your player was injured.

I think the sporting effort was more aimed at the ref than Montrose for not giving the foul in the first place.
As you said, complete lack of any consistency. In agreement with the yellow card incidents.

Wrong team selection as predicted and we payed the price for that.

Probably a bonus Reilly shown a red as it allows Brad or Muzza in next week and Coupe out wide, Eckersley had nothing to play with in that stinking 1st half.

Guest bernardblack
Wrong team selection as predicted and we payed the price for that.
Probably a bonus Reilly shown a red as it allows Brad or Muzza in next week and Coupe out wide, Eckersley had nothing to play with in that stinking 1st half.

A bonus a player is banned? That’s a new one

That's a really good win for us. Forfar were very schizophrenic today: they looked more comfortable on the ball, yet also clogged their way through most of the 90 with petulant fouling all over the place (we weren't entirely innocent either mind). Baird was lucky to stay on the park I reckon - a more Beaton-esque referee would have sent him packing too.

We weren't particularly great today but made more of our chances - the fermers were reduced to half chances, none of which went in. Penalty was one of the softer ones I've seen, and Rennie just keeps burying them. Forfar keeper played well today, that aside.

I take the point about us not being pretty to watch, but since SP took over we've been ruthless at playing to our strengths and normally do it well. McLean still doesn't quite look 100%, and I really hope the injury to CJ isn't serious. Don't honestly see a top 4 challenge stemming from today, but certainly think we are pretty close to safety now. 

TLDR: savoury!

7 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

A bonus a player is banned? That’s a new one

What I meant I was Reilly is undroppable  atm....no matter how poor he is.

Easton had another poor game, spent more time in our own half than trying to get at them and that defence was there for the taking!

When did Cregg fly in to tackles like that for us?

All in all a poor day, a chance to almost book out play off spot gone and Arbroath wrap up the league 

Archived