Pars vs Caley Thistle

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously needed that or we'd have been in big trouble. Players showed great fight to get that result over the line.
Opposition at this level don't know how to handle a player with the intelligence of Anderson so resort to kicking f**k out of him.

The passion from the players after the full time was encouraging to see after it looked like most of them had given up completely in the weeks prior.

Big 3 points for us today and a good battling performance. The likes of Craigan - who Falkirk fans always say is a shitebag who shirks out of challenges and isn't the man for a relegation battle - stood up well to a niggly and physical Inverness side and some of our football in the second half was very nice. It's a shame Connelly didn't score with that thumped off the bar, that would have been a goal of the season contender. We also did well to dig in at the end with the diver Austin on throwing himself around and some good crosses and set pieces coming in from wide. Thomson did well and got the goal (it swerved a lot through the air but the keeper should have done better I think) and Connelly and Anderson put in great shifts. Beadling looked a little off it but still kept things ticking over and Vincent gave the ball away a few too often but still got about the park to snuff out any Inverness attacks to good effect. Still a long way to go but if we can get something at Ayr next week and beat Partick in the midweek game I'll start to think we've got a chance of getting to the dizzy heights of 5th or 6th.

Thought that was as good as we've played at home this season.  Could tell we hadn't won in a while as I felt that we'd have won by a couple more if we relaxed a bit more.

Blair looks a player, impressed with Anderson. Subs confused me but a much needed win so nothing to complain about.

I fucking love Dunfermline, the boy from Swansea came alive in the second half. Thomson won't score ordinary goals :wub: but the keeper probably should have done better.

I personally don't like that we totally gave up chasing them down as they could pick their spot and I was clenched at a few of the balls the Ashcroft and I Devine dealt with but to a man we dug in and got a massive three points. Anyone else think that Jackson played a much better game today than he has when his brother has been out

Number 8 was lucky to stay on he looked like he wanted to be sent off.

Flat and toothless from us. With Polworth out and Donaldson and Welsh on the bench, we lacked any sort of composure through the centre of the park, and Dunfermline set up well against us, playing a pretty high defensive line which we didn't have the pace or width to get beyond, and quickly closing down Chalmers and Trafford, who are a pretty hesitant central midfield pairing at the best of times. It felt like Dunfermline didn't threaten much more than us in the first half - Connolly was probably the most dangerous-looking from where I was, but their front line looked unused to playing with each other - but after their goal early in the second half, they were comfortably the better team until the last 15-20 mins. We did dominate and create a few problems in the closing stages, helped by the Dunfermline back line dropping much deeper they had been previously, but it was still probably the right result. And yeah, Darren McCauley should have been off within half an hour - plenty of our supporters were moaning about the referee, but he did us a favour there.   

ICT manager's post match comments:

"I felt they were up for the taking, but they got their goal - Ridgers should've saved it. It was mistake from him.  We're now in a hell of a scrap with Queen of the South, Morton, Partick, Falkirk. What they've done now is give me a blank sheet of paper for Tuesday night because there will be changes. "

Get enough salt with your chips, Robbo?

2 hours ago, Black and White Tragic said:

Danny Devine was absolutely outstanding today. Didn't make one mistake that led to a goal.

Serious man of the match contender on that form.

Thanks I was happy with how I played today x

Big result. Good to see some character showing.

Blair looked decent and Anderson had another good game.

We set up quite defensive but it did the job.

Caley did seem determined to lose that tho, got away with a penalty shout when Anderson was bundled over, McCauley seemed to be trying to get sent off and was very lucky the ref gave him long enough to be subbed. And then Ridgers chucked it in. I'll take more performances like that from our opponents please.

Archived