Pars vs Caley Thistle

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really could go either way. I really don't think Caley are very good but they strolled past us last time. I think we have good players on paper but they just seem so easy to beat and don't have much fight when things get tough. Our record at EEP is also abysmal and any decent partial displays are rendered null and void by shambolic second halfs (see Alloa, Ross County etc)

No matter what anyone thinks pre-match, it's very clear we *need* to win.

I can't feel confident of winning any game whilst we still have to play Danny Devine at the back. Not that the other three at the back have covered themselves in glory either.

We might have found some kind of breakthrough upfront but that remains to be seen. Louis coming back might give some threat and creativity in midfield and that's as much positivity I can give.

Folk say we have good players but there are so many flaws as a team that it means nothing. None of our defenders can defend. Williamson and Jackson are all about the attacking side of being a full back. Ash has shown better in previous years but need a good partner to get the best out of him. No creativity in midfield with a few decent solid central midfielders with no guile but there's nothing coming from wide or anybody to play a precise through ball. No leadership on the park. We have a soft centre and don't respond well to adversity.

Even if we score I feel we will lose goals anyway. Depressing stuff. 

Don't think Caley are any great shakes but I think we will lose 2-1.

Most managers in this league have clocked that if they keep things tight against us then they are guaranteed a point with a decent chance of 3 if they're patient enough to wait for a defensive mistake. But is Stevie Crawford as stupid as he looks?

McCann gave them so much to think about that he's not even in the squad. Missing also are El Bak and Muirhead.

Longridge back on the bench is good news.

Anyone care to have a stab at the formation(s)?

Archived