• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Poet of the Macabre

Pars vs Caley Thistle

1 minute ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I've got a bad feeling about this. 2-0 ICT.

I've got a surprisingly positive feeling, 2-1 Pars after being 2-0 up. 

It really could go either way. I really don't think Caley are very good but they strolled past us last time. I think we have good players on paper but they just seem so easy to beat and don't have much fight when things get tough. Our record at EEP is also abysmal and any decent partial displays are rendered null and void by shambolic second halfs (see Alloa, Ross County etc)

No matter what anyone thinks pre-match, it's very clear we *need* to win.

Caley blow hot and cold whereas we just tend to blow cold. Hoping the free week has given them time to work on some defensive shape and set pieces and that we sneak a win. 3 points would be huge, but a loss and I'd be really worried heading into the next 3 or 4 matches.

I’m hoping now that we pretty much have our full team back that we will win here. Draw incoming.

I was encouraged enough by last night's performance in the cup and expect Caley to get 3 points from this one.

I can't feel confident of winning any game whilst we still have to play Danny Devine at the back. Not that the other three at the back have covered themselves in glory either.

We might have found some kind of breakthrough upfront but that remains to be seen. Louis coming back might give some threat and creativity in midfield and that's as much positivity I can give.

Folk say we have good players but there are so many flaws as a team that it means nothing. None of our defenders can defend. Williamson and Jackson are all about the attacking side of being a full back. Ash has shown better in previous years but need a good partner to get the best out of him. No creativity in midfield with a few decent solid central midfielders with no guile but there's nothing coming from wide or anybody to play a precise through ball. No leadership on the park. We have a soft centre and don't respond well to adversity.

Even if we score I feel we will lose goals anyway. Depressing stuff. 

Don't think Caley are any great shakes but I think we will lose 2-1.

Nobody's played into our hands like Dunfermline did in that 2nd half early in the season. Same again please. 

Nobody's played into our hands like Dunfermline did in that 2nd half early in the season. Same again please. 
We've stopped playing the 352 with static slow defenders thankfully.

Most managers in this league have clocked that if they keep things tight against us then they are guaranteed a point with a decent chance of 3 if they're patient enough to wait for a defensive mistake. But is Stevie Crawford as stupid as he looks?

21 minutes ago, CaleyStan said:

But is Stevie Crawford as stupid as he looks?

Hopefully yes.

Half time / Full time 

Dunfermline / Inverness @ 28/1 is a nailed on winner.

I really like the look of Bruce Anderson but he's not good enough that he can win games on his own.

I had a brief dream last night Bruce scored. Not sure if it was meant for today or not. Also I think Barry Nicholson scored a 2nd.