Livingston v Dundee

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Must admit would love Pittman at Dens. And wouldn't mind a return of Declan or Halkett joining. The rest I think are more of a 'unit'. We were linked with Byrne when he was released by Dunfermline, were we not?
Yeah it seemed quite a bizarre rumour at the time.

I would imagine Livi will have a lot of players on contracts that'll be a good bit cheaper than the going rate at this level - a few of them were signed in League One.

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of their squad linked around the league. I think Pittman and Byrne will probably be a bit out of reach as they are tied up for next season.

Gallagher and Halkett will probably get offers from almost everyone. I get a feeling we may go for Scott Robinson.

2 hours ago, AMBER MACHINE said:

Dundee beat Livi and now they think they are world beaters emoji23.png Still below the AMBER MACHINE in the league so GIRFUY

It's true that Dundee fans were celebrating like it was a Cup Final win however I totally understand it and I'd probably feel exactly the same. At the end of the day, they just needed the result (=happy) and they got it from a losing position (=happier) - what's not to love? I'm a realist and with the resources we have then the law of averages says we'll be struggling to get a good team on the park at some point. 

I think what you are getting at is that it was a bit of an unconvincing display (against 10 men who could've went 2-0/2-1 up) and, reading the Dundee thread, it seems that some are unconvinced by McIntyre's team including after Saturday.  I think they'll still leak a lot of goals and will need to improve on two attempts on target ...but they're when  they finishes like those you clearly don't need loads.

4 minutes ago, crispy said:

It's true that Dundee fans were celebrating like it was a Cup Final win however I totally understand it and I'd probably feel exactly the same. At the end of the day, they just needed the result (=happy) and they got it from a losing position (=happier) - what's not to love? I'm a realist and with the resources we have then the law of averages says we'll be struggling to get a good team on the park at some point. 

I think what you are getting at is that it was a bit of an unconvincing display (against 10 men who could've went 2-0/2-1 up) and, reading the Dundee thread, it seems that some are unconvinced by McIntyre's team including after Saturday.  I think they'll still leak a lot of goals and will need to improve on two attempts on target ...but they're when  they finishes like those you clearly don't need loads.

This could've went up stuff is nonsense.

We missed an open goal at 0 0 and a one on one.

Stick to the day job. Your analysis standard is currently Garth Crooks after a 2 litre of scud.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

This could've went up stuff is nonsense.

We missed an open goal at 0 0 and a one on one.

Stick to the day job. Your analysis standard is currently Garth Crooks after a 2 litre of scud.

Thank you.

I'll take that as chances at both ends of the park. I didn't realise how bad the the Wright miss was until I saw it on Alba - should've scored. The point I was making is that we still created chances and I don't think it was one-way traffic. I don't take Saturdays loss as a a measure of how bad we are or how good Dundee are.

4 minutes ago, crispy said:

I'll take that as chances at both ends of the park. I didn't realise how bad the the Wright miss was until I saw it on Alba - should've scored. The point I was making is that we still created chances and I don't think it was one-way traffic. I don't take Saturdays loss as a a measure of how bad we are or how good Dundee are.

It certainly wasn't one way traffic, but could always see we were going to make more chances as the second half went on.

Game is done now, hopefully we both stay up and the two perma-diddy west coast arseholes go down.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

It certainly wasn't one way traffic, but could always see we were going to make more chances as the second half went on.

Game is done now, hopefully we both stay up and the two perma-diddy west coast arseholes go down.

Thank you.

Agreed. And I'd have made a mess in my pants if we scored a winner like that.

37 minutes ago, crispy said:

"Celebrating like it was a Cup Final win"?

Or perhaps it was a case of celebrating three vital points that pulled us out of the relegation places, and a further 2 points clear of the automatic drop? Or celebrating the fact we managed to get the win after our two previous games where we chucked away a total of four points? Or celebrating the fact we managed our first win from a losing position all season?

The pain is certainly strong in the Livi fans. 

39 minutes ago, The Master said:

"Celebrating like it was a Cup Final win"?

Or perhaps it was a case of celebrating three vital points that pulled us out of the relegation places, and a further 2 points clear of the automatic drop? Or celebrating the fact we managed to get the win after our two previous games where we chucked away a total of four points? Or celebrating the fact we managed our first win from a losing position all season?

The pain is certainly strong in the Livi fans. 

You've misunderstood my post.

I stated that it was an important win and that it was achieved after going behind - there was nothing back-handed about it. Good stuff. I'd be celebrating in the manner described by Dundee fans earlier in the thread albeit without the goading.  As DundeeFC92 said, it's done and I'm looking ahead (to the Killie game) now. 

Think that’s a spurious notion to be honest. Maybe had it been that way from the start a single club might average 10,000 but a merged club now would get lower gates imo, for years if not forever.

What is amazing is what Livi and Hamilton have achieved given their resources. Hamilton even manage to give 100’s of thousands away.

Quite remarkable.

Yet you're still a seething mess for us.🤣

8 hours ago, AMBER MACHINE said:

Dundee beat Livi and now they think they are world beaters emoji23.png Still below the AMBER MACHINE in the league so GIRFUY

NB Dundee beat a 10 man Livi team that were diddled out of a penalty by a referee who probably just didnae like the pitch. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, harry94 said:

Yeah it seemed quite a bizarre rumour at the time.

I would imagine Livi will have a lot of players on contracts that'll be a good bit cheaper than the going rate at this level - a few of them were signed in League One.

I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of their squad linked around the league. I think Pittman and Byrne will probably be a bit out of reach as they are tied up for next season.

Gallagher and Halkett will probably get offers from almost everyone. I get a feeling we may go for Scott Robinson.

He's a couple appearances away from triggering an extension clause in his contract with us for an extra year

I take back what I said about the penalty claim being unclear after watching the highlights from the east stand. Despite having the perfect angle, the referee still somehow doesn't give it. Mind-boggling.

The only logical explanation is that Greg Aitken posts on here as Duncan Freemason. 

Archived