Livingston v Dundee

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really entertaining match yesterday. Scott Wright the most creative player on the pitch by far, assist for the first and a stunning winner. Great scenes. I was enjoying the irritable Dundee crowd. It took me back a few years to when the Dandies’ supporters were just as impatient.

There was good reason to be annoyed though. Dundee played really poorly at times. Players were hiding. Didn’t want to step up and take responsibility. Martin Woods is fucking shite. The standouts were Wright (obviously), Curran, Ralph and Nelson. Curran in particular did a great job of holding it up and bringing others into play. Him and Nelson looked a great partnership.

You need something more in the midfield though. Woods was cowering under the sofa and Hadenius was just shite. McGowan made a bit of a difference when he came on but he’s not really the answer either. A forward thinking, central player would really bring the best out of your front two.

Defensively you just about did the job, although Kusunga et al don’t give you too much confidence. He’s got all the physical attributes though, a decent coach and centre half partner could make him look decent IMO. Ralph was very good as well.

Looked a stone wall red card too. High, reckless challenge, so late as well. Livi should have had a pen though...

I’ll be back Dundee, let’s just hope it’s not for a play off! (In fact I would love it, love it if you played off against Utd)

Really entertaining match yesterday. Scott Wright the most creative player on the pitch by far, assist for the first and a stunning winner. Great scenes. I was enjoying the irritable Dundee crowd. It took me back a few years to when the Dandies’ supporters were just as impatient.

There was good reason to be annoyed though. Dundee played really poorly at times. Players were hiding. Didn’t want to step up and take responsibility. Martin Woods is fucking shite. The standouts were Wright (obviously), Curran, Ralph and Nelson. Curran in particular did a great job of holding it up and bringing others into play. Him and Nelson looked a great partnership.

You need something more in the midfield though. Woods was cowering under the sofa and Hadenius was just shite. McGowan made a bit of a difference when he came on but he’s not really the answer either. A forward thinking, central player would really bring the best out of your front two.

Defensively you just about did the job, although Kusunga et al don’t give you too much confidence. He’s got all the physical attributes though, a decent coach and centre half partner could make him look decent IMO. Ralph was very good as well.

Looked a stone wall red card too. High, reckless challenge, so late as well. Livi should have had a pen though...

I’ll be back Dundee, let’s just hope it’s not for a play off! (In fact I would love it, love it if you played off against Utd)

Good report. I totally agree re Curran, he’s been immense. Your right about Kusunga too. You could potentially make a reasonable CH out of him with coaching, a decent partner and possibly a lobotomy.

19 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Good report. I totally agree re Curran, he’s been immense. Your right about Kusunga too. You could potentially make a reasonable CH out of him with coaching, a decent partner and possibly a lobotomy.

Game-of-Thrones-The-Mountain-after-resur

3 hours ago, RussellAnderson said:

Cheers for that Anne Frank.

5 hours ago, Fifespud said:

I have to say the Livi lads have conducted themselves with a great deal of dignity on this thread. Not rising to any of the usual jibes. You’ve had a cracking season, good luck in the forthcoming games.

Just glad not to be punting it about League 1 anymore :D 

8 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Just glad not to be punting it about League 1 anymore :D 

Are you expecting a rush of people trying to buy any of your players in the summer? I always get the impression that Livi have few star players and more of a team performance ethic so might you expect to keep most of your team together?

3 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

Are you expecting a rush of people trying to buy any of your players in the summer? I always get the impression that Livi have few star players and more of a team performance ethic so might you expect to keep most of your team together?

Gallagher has been linked with a pre-contract at Motherwell and St Johnstone, nothing signed yet though. Halkett is out of contract and has 30 clubs after him so almost definitely away. Aberdeen were rejected by Pittman at the end of January but has a two year deal, Byrne has a two year deal but apparently Hibs want him. 

Kelly has a fair amount of admirers but has a two year deal - there's not many others who are out of contract. 

Our main core of 'star' players seems to be Gallagher, Halkett, Pittman, Byrne and Kelly. Jacobs I would include in that but he's been here 10+ years and has an extension clause and I don't see him ever really leaving

9 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I'm not usually one for crowd w**k but 1400 home fans? That's Gretna territory.

Dear oh deary me,we are a championship level club,we all know that and are well aware of that.

Hamilton are the same,we'll enjoy it while it lasts up here.

At least we know that unlike the delusion some of your fellow Dee  fans are involved in.

12 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Dear oh deary me,we are a championship level club,we all know that and are well aware of that.

Hamilton are the same,we'll enjoy it while it lasts up here.

At least we know that unlike the delusion some of your fellow Dee  fans are involved in.

f**k off, that's a poor crowd even by championship standards.

9 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I'm not usually one for crowd w**k but 1400 home fans? That's Gretna territory.

9 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

This is awesome. An extra 500 fans and that's something to be proud of..

Why is it so poor ?

Now, now lads.  I can’t see many people supporting Livingston because their dad and grandad supported Ferranti Thistle / Meadowbank Thistle.

Very easy for us Dees just to assume all clubs in the top flight have a proud history stretching back to the late 1800’s.

Didn't say it was good or poor.
Until there's a  Dundee City you lot and the other crowd will forever be maybe''s.
Your bleeding the f**k out of each other :lol:

Think that’s a spurious notion to be honest. Maybe had it been that way from the start a single club might average 10,000 but a merged club now would get lower gates imo, for years if not forever.

What is amazing is what Livi and Hamilton have achieved given their resources. Hamilton even manage to give 100’s of thousands away.

Quite remarkable.

1 hour ago, Ayia Napa Alan said:

Ur fuckin lucky I wasnt at the game and it wasn’t me who’s face you gloated in. See if that was me I’d have kicked your fuckin c**t in ya fuckin soft c**t.

^^ Was at the game and @Dundee-FC92 gloated in his face.

Must admit would love Pittman at Dens. And wouldn't mind a return of Declan or Halkett joining. The rest I think are more of a 'unit'. We were linked with Byrne when he was released by Dunfermline, were we not?

Didn't say it was good or poor.
Until there's a  Dundee City you lot and the other crowd will forever be maybe''s.
Your bleeding the f**k out of each other [emoji38]
Scottish football needs a strong Dundee Derby.

Oh and any merged club will be called FC Juteopolis.

Archived