Livingston v Dundee

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, crispy said:

I think its coz yer boys know they scraped a winner, in a game that could’ve been out of sight, against 10-men :huh: I’ll be bitter for a long time about this one. 

Byrne makes no contact with his right and it’s his standing left leg that brutally catches your boy (who was completely fine).

Glad your day is ruined. Byrne thinking he could come in at that speed with his foot raised like that makes it a good call, just sheer stupidity.

3 minutes ago, crispy said:

I think its coz yer boys know they scraped a winner, in a game that could’ve been out of sight, against 10-men :huh: I’ll be bitter for a long time about this one. 

Looked to me like Byrne’s right makes no contact and it’s just his standing left leg that brutally catches your boy (who was completely fine).

Not sure what game you were watching. Dundee had double the amount of shots on goal. Dundee missed bigger sitters and controlled much more of the game. Livi were always a threat but if one team was going to win it was always going to be Dundee. 

4 minutes ago, crispy said:

Looked to me like Byrne’s right makes no contact and it’s just his standing left leg that brutally catches your boy (who was completely fine).

You at the wind-up.? Red card all day.  Hadenius ' injury, or lack there of, is completely irrelevant. Maybe read the rules sometime.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Glad your day is ruined. Byrne thinking he could come in at that speed with his foot raised like that makes it a good call, just sheer stupidity.

Haven’t seen a replay but I did think at the time that it seemed a bit late and unnecessary to challenge like that.

9 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Not sure what game you were watching. Dundee had double the amount of shots on goal. Dundee missed bigger sitters and controlled much more of the game. Livi were always a threat but if one team was going to win it was always going to be Dundee. 

If you include off-target wild shots from outside the box then I agree you had more ...but I think you meant on target?

B6A6EEC7-B188-4187-BBB9-0D2923DEC345.jpeg

If Robinson didn’t miss that sitter at 1-0 would’ve been hard for Dundee to come back and get anything. For playing with 10 men I thought we played decent and had plenty chances. Both teams had chances could’ve went either way for me.

Haven’t seen a replay but I did think at the time that it seemed a bit late and unnecessary to challenge like that.
I feel a wee bit sorry for him as it was just a daft mistake, don't think he meant to hurt anyone.

There's a lot of those sorts of challenges that referees don't give. Motherwell have been particularly brutal this season and got away with a lot.

What the f**k was Byrne thinking? A really good opportunity for us to stop the rot and he gets himself sent off after 15 mins. Completely needless and dangerous tackle.

Good performer this season but he's let the team down today big time. 

5 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

No I was talking about off-target wild shots from eight yards out

I don’t remember that specific chance but I’m willing to take your word for it likewise some (Dundee fans) seem convinced, after seeing a replay, that  it was a sending off so I’ll hold-off saying anymore on that.

Tbh I’m angrier that we didn’t bury the game with Robinson’s  chance than the red and non-penalty award. While those decisions didn’t help us get a positive result and we didn’t get a break when Lamie hit the post I won’t deny that we showed poor composure in front of goal. I think both teams were guilty of that.

Watching on Alba and it's a red all day long. He leads with his studs up at a high level. 

As much as it is a shit goal to lose, I really enjoyed Livi's goal from as neutral a perspective as I can get. It's the type of goal I really like.

16 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Watching on Alba and it's a red all day long. He leads with his studs up at a high level. 

As much as it is a shit goal to lose, I really enjoyed Livi's goal from as neutral a perspective as I can get. It's the type of goal I really like.

Just seen it on Alba. His foot is at hip height, leg bent and he’s facing away. I could see why he’d get booked for that. Dunno if it’s a red ;)  Quite similar to the challenge on Erskine by one of your defenders.

Ultimately, that’s not what’s cost us. Robinson should’ve buried that chance after half time.

Ooft - not really any stopping that free-kick. I remember thinking at the time that letting him shoot, rather than conceding a free kick there, might’ve been better.
To be fair, your defenders probably thought Woods would take it.

Archived