Livingston v Dundee

4 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I think it would be incredibly naive of us to suggest we are safe, we are in a great position I’ll grant you that. 

You assume that at least 2 of the bottom 3 will take at least 14 points more each than Livi will? Doubt. Your winless streak would have to rival ours or Midden's from the beginning of the season, which I can't see happening given the tenacious nature of your gameplay.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You assume that at least 2 of the bottom 3 will take at least 14 points more each than Livi will? Doubt. Your winless streak would have to rival ours or Midden's from the beginning of the season, which I can't see happening given the tenacious nature of your gameplay.

I’m not assuming anything, as I say it’s unlikely but it isn’t impossible, we are on a run of 3 draws and 6 defeats in our last 9 games. 

All it takes is that run to continue and for Dundee who now appear to be a capable side, and Hamilton to pick up a couple wins and it’s down to single figures, that isn’t beyond the realms of possibility.

With us still to play Hamilton twice and Dundee again, it could get nervy. 

We need two more wins. 

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I have to be with the Livi shitebags on this one, 1 goal in 2019, 10 against and only 4 wins and a draw to better them by. They are not safe.

Just now, johnnydun said:

I have to be with the Livi shitebags on this one, 1 goal in 2019, 10 against and only 4 wins and a draw to better them by. They are not safe.

Well if they somehow go down they will completely deserve it. I don't see it happening.

I think people need to calm down about us going down. The winless run included single goal defeats against Aberdeen, Hearts and St Johnstone. We stopped the rot midweek against Jambos and I think we would’ve managed at least a point had we not had to play 75 minutes with 10 mean. I’m still looking to scrape into top 6, not scrape survival.

We would not have won that game under McCann. The players today have more pace, more aggression and more confidence, more fight than the boys of Mcann in general.
Putting the referee's decisions up first: looked a red to me; and thought it was penalty against Curran. The inability to clear the ball from the long throw and to lose a dreadful goal was so frustrating as we had already missed good open play chances through a lack of composure.
However in general good passing and getting the ball wide made us look likely to score. Nathan Ralph was really good again, and with a cracking ball in from Wright Andy Nelson's header lobbed beautifully into the net. Hope hes ok for Friday. Then Wright hit a wonderful free kick to take the points. I thought overall a Dee win was about right.
Braw.

2 minutes ago, crispy said:

I think people need to calm down about us going down. The winless run included single goal defeats against Aberdeen, Hearts and St Johnstone. We stopped the rot midweek against Jambos and I think we would’ve managed at least a point had we not had to play 75 minutes with 10 mean. I’m still looking to scrape into top 6, not scrape survival.

I’m not overly worried, I just don’t agree that we are safe as has been said by 1 or 2 Dundee fans. 

2 more wins will secure safety, the quicker we get them the better. 

Today was a sickiner the way it all happened but Dundee fans will know themselves that when you’re on a bad run you feel like things start going against you. 

As I said earlier if we continue to play as we did today from now until the end of the season we will start picking up results again. 

16 minutes ago, crispy said:

No chance of relegation. The 3 of us have averaged less than a point in all games so far.  The fight is us 3, you are job done.

Had a Tayside treble on today, Dundee, United and Forfar. I now fucking despise those bridie shagging c***s more than you pair of smelly c***s.

You love us Tam [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Well in the Dees for that win today. Wright will be what keeps you up IMO. He is the shining light in a  sea of absolutely horrendous footballers. Your entire team looks bereft of confidence, every player hiding whenever you have the ball and my lord Martin Woods is shockingly bad.  He gets  in the way no matter where he is on  the pitch,  floating in between defence and midfield, not really doing anything at all. Gowser coming on helped, you at least had a midfielder capable of taking it forward. 

Regardless, an enjoyable game, terrific #SCENES at the end for the winner too.

Forget the red card, the penalty decision is the big call, I believe Jim McIntyre has said he thought it was a penalty as well ? 
We get it and score we go 2-1 up with 10 minutes to play, I don’t see us losing from that position. 
All ifs and buts of course, we may have missed. 
Thats the breaks we are getting just now though, frustrating but have to take our medicine and move on. 
Keep playing the way we did today the results will start coming again. 
Assuming you scored a resulting penalty

As our injury time penalty against Killie showed nothing should be taken for granted.

I’m not assuming anything, as I say it’s unlikely but it isn’t impossible, we are on a run of 3 draws and 6 defeats in our last 9 games. 
All it takes is that run to continue and for Dundee who now appear to be a capable side, and Hamilton to pick up a couple wins and it’s down to single figures, that isn’t beyond the realms of possibility.
With us still to play Hamilton twice and Dundee again, it could get nervy. 
We need two more wins. 
I would say one more win and you are safe.

What a rollercoaster of a game. Absolute SCENES at the end. 

Not a chance Livi are in danger. For that to happen two of us, Accies or the Maureens would need to pick up drastically and although it's possible one could catch you, not two. My first time seeing this Livi team and my word, they are a team filled with brutality. I don't know what to make of it. I hated it against us today, but it's the exact type of shitbaggery I usually enjoy...

Red looked a stick on to me. Horrendous challenge but it also looked like a stonewaller after Curran was fucking about in the box. Couldn't believe the ref gave a dive and a yellow. It really seemed at the end like a season changing moment and I hope I'm Wright (terrible patter). I'm not a big fan of Gowser but he made a difference. Hadenius was absolutely horrendous, every time we got a throw-in he would move out of space and behind a Livi player so he wouldn't get given the ball. Woods is horrific. I just cannot stand him. My least favourite player since Tom Hateley (shudder).

The most shaky I've seen Dieng but who gives a f**k. SCENES. Scrapes on my knee and spilt my bovril all over my hands at the first goal. Admiral Nelson. What a boy. Scotty Wright. Top boy.

HEADS GONE.

Thank You.

19 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

All this nice shit to the Livingston boys is making me sick,f**k off ya maggot wanks,

I think its coz yer boys know they scraped a winner, in a game that could’ve been out of sight, against 10-men :huh: I’ll be bitter for a long time about this one. 

Looked to me like Byrne’s right makes no contact and it’s just his standing left leg that brutally catches your boy (who was completely fine).

Archived